THE BROWNS BOARD

Schedule Released!

The Gipper

47 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

What you make of it is this:     In 2019 Baker had 22 TDs....and 3827 yards.  Which numbers are essentially as good or better than  3 out of 4 seasons that Dak has played. 

Even in Daks  "good season"  the team only went 8-8 and did not make the playoffs. 

Or you can make this of it:    I would NOT trade Baker's future for Dak's.    OK, sure, one was  #1 overall, and the under was an underrated 4th round pick.  Be that as it may.....I like Baker's chances, if we were just comparing those two.  But we can't just compare those two,  because you set the "standard" by saying Dak had  put together 3 GREAT seasons, meaning you were comparing him to the rest of the QBs in the NFL.     

So,  2019,  Dak was second in the league with most passing yards.    He was 4th with 30 TDs.

In 2018   he was  15th  in passing yards.  He was  16th in TDs

In 2017  he was 16th in passing yards.  He was 14th in TDs

in 2016 he was 19th in passing yards.  He was 16th in TDs. 

These stats tell us that statistically, he has been a middle of the road NFL QB.   But...he may be getting better, since this last season was by far better than his previous 3. You may want to throw in some other stats, don't know if that will help.   He has had good, low Ints.  percentages  (does that mean he is cautious)  He is having a "great-ish" career....for a 4th round draft pick, I will grant you that. 

He (Baker) had 21 INTs I think you and I value different qualities and stats with our QBs

there is no use arguing anymore. 

3 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

He (Baker) had 21 INTs I think you and I value different qualities and stats with our QBs

there is no use arguing anymore. 

I said that was Baker's one drawback.   

On the other hand, it may be indicative of Baker taking more risks, and Dak being a far more conservative QB. 

supposed to be announced in about a half hr.

Jim Donovan says it will be the fourth weakest schedule in the NFL.

about time we caught a break.

1) @ Ravens

2) vs Cinn. TNF

3) vs Redskins

4) @ Cowboys

5) vs Colts

6) @ Pittsburgh

7) @ Cinn.

8.) vs LV Raiders 

9) BYE

10) vs Texans

11) vs Eagles

12) @ Jags

13) @ Titans

14) vs Ravens MNF 

15) @ NYG

16) @ NYJ  Sat. or Sun.

17) vs Pittsburgh 

Week Date Opponent Time TV Tickets
1 Sept. 13 at Baltimore Ravens 1 p.m. CBS Tickets
2 Sept. 17 (Thurs.) Cincinnati Bengals 8:20 p.m. NFLN Tickets
3 Sept. 27 Washington Redskins 1 p.m. FOX Tickets
4 Oct. 4 at Dallas Cowboys 1 p.m. FOX Tickets
5 Oct. 11 Indianapolis Colts 4:25 p.m. CBS Tickets
6 Oct. 18 at Pittsburgh Steelers 1 p.m. CBS Tickets
7 Oct. 25 at Cincinnati Bengals 1 p.m. CBS Tickets
8 Nov. 1 Las Vegas Raiders 1 p.m. FOX Tickets
9   BYE      
10 Nov. 15 Houston Texans 1 p.m. FOX Tickets
11 Nov. 22 Philadelphia Eagles 1 p.m. FOX Tickets
12 Nov. 29 at Jacksonville Jaguars 1 p.m. CBS Tickets
13 Dec. 6 at Tennessee Titans 1 p.m. CBS Tickets
14 Dec. 14 (Mon.) Baltimore Ravens 8:15 p.m. ESPN Tickets
15 Dec. 20 at NY Giants 1 p.m. CBS Tickets
16 Dec. 26/27 at NY Jets TBD TBD Tickets
17 Jan. 3 Pittsburgh Steelers 1 p.m. CBS Tickets

RELATED LINKS

Would rather have played the Ravens in a couple of weeks, after we have a few games under our belt. The flip side of that, of course, is that they won't have any game tape to watch of us, and we will be a larger unknown than they will be to us.

So much for rumors like "all the AFC/NFC meetings will be in the 1st 4 weeks".

Tough opening turnaround for us with BLT on a Sunday then hosting the Bengals the following Thursday nite.

Also gets a little crazy at the end with 3 games in a 12-day span... hosting BLT on MNF than at NYG and at NYJ.

27 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

:blink:

Tough opening turnaround for us with BLT on a Sunday then hosting the Bengals the following Thursday nite.

Also gets a little crazy at the end with 3 games in a 12-day span... hosting BLT on MNF than at NYG and at NYJ.

Christmas in NYC anyone? 

Ravens with time to prepare (we should know Lamar by now but still). Week 1 maybe catch them off guard.  They will be seeing new Browns schemes. 

Burrow second start in the Pound Like that too.

Redskins at home. Yep. 

great shot at 3-0. 

Brutal stretch after the bye but three of those at homes.

Tanking NY teams at the end.

Beat the Steelers at home to seal a playoff spot. 

this could be the most favorable schedule in a long time 

2 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Ravens with time to prepare (we should know Lamar by now but still). Week 1 maybe catch them off guard.  They will be seeing new Browns schemes. 

Burrow second start in the Pound Like that too.

Redskins at home. Yep. 

great shot at 3-0. 

Brutal stretch after the bye but three of those at homes.

Tanking NY teams at the end.

Beat the Steelers at home to seal a playoff spot. 

this could be the most favorable schedule in a long time 

Like they always say "on paper" is 50% wrong. But if this team has their sh-t just a little bit together, you see 10 wins, or more. 

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Bengals will be a mess. W. No rookie QB wins vs. any semblance of a team. 

8 hours ago, Icecube said:

Bengals will be a mess. W. No rookie QB wins vs. any semblance of a team. 

The Bengals will be improved due to a great draft and being very active in FA. I'm simply pointing out that a short week dos not help us. All we need to add is more of the overconfidence like that you are willing to supply.

As for rookie QBs... Roethlisberger would beg to differ. Also Mahomes... Jackson... Marino...

8 hours ago, Icecube said:

Like they always say "on paper" is 50% wrong. But if this team has their sh-t just a little bit together, you see 10 wins, or more. 

I think they are going to be ready for Lamar in Week 1.  And I’d rather catch the Rats cold then get them when they could be rolling. 

Yes. I see 10 wins. 

Looking back last season the schedule was brutal.  You had a very disciplined And physical Titans team right out of the gate- even at 8-8 the year before it was a tough matchup.  Then all the Primetime games early in the year.  A cross country Monday Night roadie.  The saying if it doesn’t kill you it only makes you stronger well it killed the team (along with other things too).  

This season they have the bye week smack dab in the middle before a tough stretch.  Hopefully they’ve  got some wins and confidence (In what we do) under the belt headed to that stretch. 

if they are at 7 wins going to New York I like the chances.  They can win out and sit at 10-6. 

12 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

The Bengals will be improved due to a great draft and being very active in FA. I'm simply pointing out that a short week dos not help us. All we need to add is more of the overconfidence like that you are willing to supply.

As for rookie QBs... Roethlisberger would beg to differ. Also Mahomes... Jackson... Marino...

I’m looking at the Bengals game as a favor.  Short week At beginning of the season (first true road game) for a rookie QB.  Yikes for them.  

short week we pound Nick Chubb and play some defense and attack a rookie QB. 

19 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

I’m looking at the Bengals game as a favor.  Short week At beginning of the season (first true road game) for a rookie QB.  Yikes for them.  
short week we pound Nick Chubb and play some defense and attack a rookie QB. 

Not sure simplifying a game plan is the way to go, but I see your glass-half-full point... when it comes to the Bengals. I actually agree it's a game we should win, but I don't see it being made easier by the quick turnaround.

Ravens? Not so much... for starters there's no way to prepare for their Offense. Doesn't matter how much time we have. So we will have to outscore them to win. And that bumps into the little matter of our first year in a new Offense vs. what promises to once again be a very good Raven's D.

I can see us playing them tough and hanging in for a half, but in the end them pulling away.

But it's still early... and FA isn't over. Add a Clowney or a Griffen to our DL and the balance shifts a little in our direction. Enough for me to see a "W"? Not today, but it's still early.

I know some of you  POSSIBLY talked about a Dallas Browns Board tailgate.  Just wondering what the continued thoughts and ideas on that  now that we know the date of October  4.

Of course, there are some mighty big "Ifs"  involved.  If the game is played even and not canceled? If it is played but no fans would be allowed? If it is played and if fans are allowed, how restrictive would things be in terms of seating.  (some said that they may only allow like 1/4th or 1/3rd capacity.  And even if all that were not an issue, would you still be willing to risk it?    Would tailgating even be available....or advisable?  

For me,  if all those IFs were answered in the positive, I would still have issues.  I am already planning a 2+ week to the Southwest  for mid to late Oct. (New Mex/Utah).  I have a condo timeshare resort stay booked for the St. George Utah area from 10/22-10/29, plus I plan to spend another week wandering around northern New Mexico.     If this game had been scheduled for just one week later, it may have fit pretty well  into my plans.  I would have only had to extend my plans 3-4 nights to DO Dallas.  With it being on the 4th...I would have to extend my trip  for another 10-12 days.  But what would I do with all the extra days?    I could  do a bucket list trip that would cover a lot of Colorado.....or I could go spend a week with my daughter in San Antonio?  Or I could try to get a resort in the Dallas area for a week. Dallas is an area I have not spent much time in.  I have never cared for that area, always thought it was a boring city/area..... but maybe the fall could be a decent time of year to relax some, and see a bit of the area and give it a chance. 

But, any of those would mean I would be away from home for literally the entire month of October.  I also don't know if I could afford all the extra nights in hotels/resorts, even cheap ones!   I now have a good comfortable car that I can drive that would make this trip (Lincoln MKS) so that would not be the major problem. (except that it IS a pretty big gas guzzler).  I just have to take precautions against having another DVT (blood clot)....but that means stopping every 1.5 hours and doing a brisk  5 minute walk.  But  the hammer would be that I could miss being with my wife on her birthday  (Oct. 2), as that would have to be the day I would have to leave  Ohio to go to Big D.   I would have to make it up to her if I leave on her B-day, which I could do with the right bribery.  (but trust me here,  my wife is a material girl,  personal attention would be insufficient......it would take  something that cost $$$$) 

I also know that Z and some of you may be planning a  Jacksonville thing for later  (Nov. 29).  That could be more viable for a lot of reasons.  I could consider extending that trip with a stay in like Daytona Beach, or Hilton Head. 

I know it is early days,   but  What plans are being made for JAX......if all the Ifs  come out positive?

^^  No wonder Romo had a stutter ^^ with those nice utters (-)(-)

I had honestly thought, that the John Clayton Nfc idea, had a real chance of happening with the stage of the pandemic.. But hey, we should have all hands on deck & the short week will be out of the way in week 2..

I remember'd opening a season game in Philly... so I thought they might return the favor back to us..  pandemic? maybe preferred to see this? 

a) starting with Philly and or Redskins both at home Week 1 & 2..(very movable)

b) We'd play in Dallas Thanksgiving  

c) Bengals week 3 1pm

d) at Ravens week 4 TNF

e) 10 days off till week 5 at Pittsburgh...than vs Colts week 6 & carry on games from week 7...

hope to see our best.. but some of these state governors are not ready for this thing to open..can't say i don't blame them as of the schedule release date  

I see the NFL has cut way back on the BROWNS in primetime after their disappointing last season.

On 5/9/2020 at 8:02 AM, mjp28 said:

I see the NFL has cut way back on the BROWNS in primetime after their disappointing last season.

thank god i enjoy the 10 a.m starts on sundays

20 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I wonder how long it would take me to ever get used to NFL games starting at 10am... 

Could be worse... could live in Hawaii...

• Haha 1