THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Reveal New Uniforms

Vambo

Finally, the Browns have listened to their fans and has brought back the uniform that every Browns fan can recognize. This is how the Browns uniform should be with no more changes. This team is a NFL historic team, and this uniform style is what the Browns should be connected to. I'm very pleased to see this classic uniform return. I didn't mind the recent change with the jersey stripes, and the Browns on the pants, but the orange numbers with that shadow look was just awful. The all brown uniform isn't very appealing with the orange numbers, and all brown pants.Seeing this classic uniform return  has brought back my memories of a great team, and hopefully this up coming season will improve and have that dawg bite in the team. Feeling very happy during this crazy virus we are all dealing with. GO BROWNS !!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

And once again we prove you can't "color-rush" chocolate brown...

In the history of our uni's none were as hated as when we put orange numbers on the brown, away jerseys. At least we did not... ummm...

Nevermind...

I actually like the base jerseys and pants. Now about those white facemasks... :)

Love the main two, 'eh' on the brown pants, feel that the new Color Rush are somewhat of a downgrade from the ones we just had. A little too minimal for me. I'm not a big fan of the monochromatic one color look, I'd rather they scrapped the brown pants altogether and had orange pants as the alternative pants. They would have looked sweet with the color rush jersey, IMO. All and all, I'm thrilled. Thank dog those other uniforms are gone. Throw them in a pile at the 50 yard line and light them on fire. 

I will say this about the new color rush:   What were the choices?  answer:  Orange was the only other choice...which as we saw, was horrid.

I like Nero's thought that less orange in the uni makes the helmet look better.   -  I didn't mind the orange pants...but I absolutely hated the orange shirt.

Of course, the Haslams had to keep those orange numbers....'cuz that must have been their bright idea...(ugh).

Overall, they are fine. They appeal to the classic design but they did nothing to modernize. I like the previous color rush better. I don't love them but I don't hate them. Unlike most people, I like the white tops on brown pants. Way better than the previous generation. Not sure it makes me want to run out and buy one though.

6 minutes ago, Orion said:

I will say this about the new color rush:   What were the choices?  answer:  Orange was the only other choice...which as we saw, was horrid.

I like Nero's thought that less orange in the uni makes the helmet look better.   -  I didn't mind the orange pants...but I absolutely hated the orange shirt.

Of course, the Haslams had to keep those orange numbers....'cuz that must have been their bright idea...(ugh).

Well, think about this:    Are not the All White basically a "color rush".  

Off the top of my head, I can't think of any other team that regularly wears  all white uniforms?     Maybe the Dolphins.

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I can't think of any other team that regularly wears  all white uniforms?

J-E-T-S

All whites would not meet the criteria of a color rush uni.  IMO

1 minute ago, Orion said:

J-E-T-S

All whites would not meet the criteria of a color rush uni.  IMO

I think the 49ers have done it at times.    Google check:

Colts wear all White a lot.   ATL will have an all white look coming up, but  don't recall them having it before.   Vikings have had all white. Saints. Plus a half a dozen or more others.  I guess a lot more teams wear that than I thought. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Canton Mike said:

I'm pleased with the uniforms, but I will NOT be buying a new color rush jersey.......I like the last one better & I'll stick with that.

Mike 

Yeah, I don't blame you. The previous one with the stripes was superior. 

I'm seriously contemplating getting a regular brown Chubb jersey. 

35 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Yeah, I don't blame you. The previous one with the stripes was superior. 

I'm seriously contemplating getting a regular brown Chubb jersey. 

A Chubb jersey would be good. That's going on my Father's Day list for sure.

Mike

19 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

It's a really nice flag

It's actually a banner.  My 6 ft. pole is a little too short (or my bushes are too wide).

I ordered a 7 footer a few days ago...doesn't show shipped yet.  7 is about as long as you can get in a 2 piece white aluminum.  I'm hoping it's long enough to display it horizontally...or else the hedge trimmer's gotta make another appearance.  

- disclaimer:  you CAN find 8 ft two piece but they're crap....and it's really too long as a flag in the wind can put a lot of stress on the mounting bracket.  -  ask me how I know - ( I made a 9 footer out of a wooden pole once)  

^ My wife and I watched this years ago on HBO, while in our bed, eating Tommy's chili fries and after a huge City Championship softball game win. I remember laughing the entire time with tears pouring out of our eyes..... yea, it could've been the onions, but I like to remember it was Eddie and it is still one of the best standups that I have seen.

I also remember some other things about that night, but that's nunyabiz. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I keep seeing rumors about one more uniform to throw in the mix, one that is being kept under wraps for the time being...

It's either orange pants like the Kardiac Kids, or an all orange Color Rush uni like the all brown Color Rush uni.... or both. 

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/04/browns-will-get-to-work-on-adding-orange-pants-to-the-new-uniforms-owner-jw-johnson-says.html

• Like 1

On 4/15/2020 at 12:15 PM, Soju said:

These unis are a tip of the hat to all you boring boomers out there.

...just goes to show...........what you yongins think don't matter.  :)

1 hour ago, Louisville Slugger said:

Can every game be a color rush? I'm not a huge fan of the brown on white. I get you guys will claim tradition but i dont get that logic. I would like to see them add a little something to the brown color rush and make that out new home unis and have a color rush be all orange.

The reason I like the Brown top and white pants?    

It looks much better than anything else.   Plain and simple.   Followed by the all white.  It looks better than anything but the Brown top and white pants.   Plain and simple:    ya follow? 

Those make us look like a fucking football team, not like a sideshow act. 

You want all that fun color stuff?   Watch Project Runway.

• Thanks 1

Seriously nice uniforms! A return to a classic feel with an elegantly modern touch on the font of the numbers and nameplate.

Still a hard "No" on the brown pants but overall a great design. This was the update they should have done 5 years ago instead of the monstrosities they created at the time.

19 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I keep seeing rumors about one more uniform to throw in the mix, one that is being kept under wraps for the time being...

It's either orange pants like the Kardiac Kids, or an all orange Color Rush uni like the all brown Color Rush uni.... or both. 

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/04/browns-will-get-to-work-on-adding-orange-pants-to-the-new-uniforms-owner-jw-johnson-says.html

hearing the orange pants myself

i hope so

Ok, i'm pleased to see the classic Browns uniform make a return, the home uniform is the classic brown jersey with white pants, and the away uniform could be 3 variations, white jersey with either white pants, brown pants , or the classic orange pants from the mid 70's to mid 80's. My color rush uniform would not be all brown, I would bring back the orange jersey style from the early 2000's when Tim Couch was QB. those jersey's were only worn maybe 3 times.? And the classic orange pants to go with the orange jersey.

This team has the best and most unique colors in the NFL. Brown, Orange and White, damn this team looks so cool and sleek. Many fans of other teams make fun of our dirty brown jersey  and pumpkin orange helmets.  I'm so pleased to see this uniform design return. The white jersey and brown pants look very classy.