Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I usually around this time of year I start getting anxious for football to start.  Usually I can ease my need for the Browns is with watching some playoff basketball and a sprinkle of other sports.  But man this kinda rough.  When ESPN talks about the Chinese virus.  I would watch the WNBA right now.

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I feel your pain."

 

Not to the point where I'll watch reruns of 2019 games yet... but it may simply be a matter of time.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

got my REDS hat on (grew up in columbus) fucking missing opening day

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And another thread turns its attention to Bart Scott...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kirk Herbstreit believes there is 5% chance college and pro football happen this year.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just hope we can eradicate this thing so there can be a football season...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Kirk Herbstreit believes there is 5% chance college and pro football happen this year.  

I think it will happen.  It's not even April.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Kirk Herbstreit believes there is 5% chance college and pro football happen this year.  

KIrk always has been an optimist...

 

On a more serious note... I wonder how NCAA would handle a missed season from eligibility perspective? Red shirts for all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ATOM said:

got my REDS hat on (grew up in columbus) fucking missing opening day

I feel your pain, bro. I've lived in the Cincinnati area and been a Reds fan all my life. I think Opening Day is more important and celebrated by the Reds than any other MLB franchise; it's pretty much a holiday akin to Easter down here. Baseball just isn't going to be the same without it this year, but the circumstances didn't give us much of a choice.

However, if this thing stretches out into the late summer and they cancel Riverfest as well, I'll be majorly disappointed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Kirk Herbstreit believes there is 5% chance college and pro football happen this year.  

I think the odds are even more grim than that. Even if the virus slows down over the summer, attendence to all major sports will still be down because people won't want to run the risk of catching that second wave of COVID-19.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can barely wait for the season too, but...

1) IF the season happens, I believe attendance will be spotty based on how many Fans will be ok to be in crowds. If games approved & the gates are open, I plan to attend.

2) Options for Season Ticket Members who may be leary of attending? 

3) Parking costs?

4) What about these 1 year contracts & free agents coming up?

Many things to consider & who knows when we'll know whether or not we have a season & what restrictions may apply IF we DO have a season.

Canton Mike

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

I've lived in the Cincinnati area and been a Reds fan all my life.

Ex In-laws used to live in Blue Ash(?) IIRC... about 20 traffic-free minutes or so up the interstate from downtown.

Saw a few games in old Riverfront in the late 70s and 80s. The baseball was good, but the Brats and Hudys were better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Ex In-laws used to live in Blue Ash(?) IIRC... about 20 traffic-free minutes or so up the interstate from downtown.

Saw a few games in old Riverfront in the late 70s and 80s. The baseball was good, but the Brats and Hudys were better.

I work a few miles away from Blue Ash, which is one of the nicer (richer) suburbs of Cincy.

Riverfront was a dump, but I think you'd enjoy catching a game at GABP. I know the Indians come down here for Interleague play every year; i've been to several Reds-Indians games. I've also been to a couple Reds-Astros games, but that was before the Astros switched to the AL. Haven't been to a Reds-Rangers game at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

I think the odds are even more grim than that. Even if the virus slows down over the summer, attendence to all major sports will still be down because people won't want to run the risk of catching that second wave of COVID-19.

The Buckeyes are headed out here to Oregon for a game I have been jacked for it since first I heard it was gonna happen (BUCKS do not play the NW very often)I believe it will not happen 

anyway hope you are well and stay that way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ATOM said:

The Buckeyes are headed out here to Oregon for a game I have been jacked for it since first I heard it was gonna happen (BUCKS do not play the NW very often)I believe it will not happen 

anyway hope you are well and stay that way

Maybe, hopefully they are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Maybe, hopefully they are. 

peace man 

im a drinking lots of vodka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

 

HA that was funny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2020 at 9:47 PM, Tour2ma said:

"I feel your pain."

 

Not to the point where I'll watch reruns of 2019 games yet... but it may simply be a matter of time.

I've gone to watching the greatest Cleveland Indians games on STO, last night the Cleveland Sunday Night Baseball comeback vs Lou Pinella and the Seattle Mariners.

Tonight three great Indians playoff games.

........oh please come back football, we miss you !    :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

Blue Ash, which is one of the nicer (richer) suburbs of Cincy.

I never noticed that... ;)

Ex-Dad-in-law was a biggish wig with Allied Chemical where he "fixed" broken plants... Day 1 arrive and fire Plant Manager... Day 2 figure out who else needs to be fired type stuff.

He retired early to study Industrial Hygiene at U of C. At the time he was certified he was one of only a thousand or so in the nation. He joined Sloan-Kettering as an Adjunct Professor and mostly did field work consulting with small Ohio businesses who couldn't afford a full-time IH person.

He was a gruff, intense, WWII vet (part of the German occupation force and survivor of a torpedoed troop transport). He loved food and would sweat when he ate... he loved dark beer... He passed maybe 20 years ago...

I miss him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

I work a few miles away from Blue Ash, which is one of the nicer (richer) suburbs of Cincy.

Riverfront was a dump, but I think you'd enjoy catching a game at GABP. I know the Indians come down here for Interleague play every year; i've been to several Reds-Indians games. I've also been to a couple Reds-Astros games, but that was before the Astros switched to the AL. Haven't been to a Reds-Rangers game at all.

GABP was a pretty good place to catch a game. I didn't like it as much as Progressive Field or PNC Park, but it still is a nice park. Great location. Surprisingly great spicy mustard! (Unlike PNC, which only has generic yellow mustard). Biggest surprise was that Big Boy's has concession stands in GABP. Big Boy is a thing of the past here in NE Ohio, but they are still kicking down near Cincinnati. Stayed downtown, really enjoyed my time there. (2018)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Big Boy is a thing of the past here in NE Ohio

I knew Manner's was long gone, but doesn't seem that long ago that I stopped at what looked to be a new Kip's(?) somewhere around Youngstown. Maybe 7 years ago?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I knew Manner's was long gone, but doesn't seem that long ago that I stopped at what looked to be a new Kip's(?) somewhere around Youngstown. Maybe 7 years ago?

There used to be a Kippie's  restaurant chain....but as far as I know they have been gone around here since the 80s.  Don't know if there is a holdover there in Y-town.

It's like Isaly's....thought they were long gone,  but one hung around forever in Stow.  Not sure if it is still there or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

There used to be a Kippie's  restaurant chain....but as far as I know they have been gone around here since the 80s.  Don't know if there is a holdover there in Y-town.

It's like Isaly's....thought they were long gone,  but one hung around forever in Stow.  Not sure if it is still there or not. 

None in the Youngstown/Warren area that I know of.

Ohio has always been a good test area for franchises, new foods, etc.   Has to do with the Midwest style and tastes.  Also big in call centers because of our "non-accent" area desired by companies......no kidding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

None in the Youngstown/Warren area that I know of.

Ohio has always been a good test area for franchises, new foods, etc.   Has to do with the Midwest style and tastes.  Also big in call centers because of our "non-accent" area desired by companies......no kidding.

Yes, I guess.  In fact, there was call center that took up an entire floor of the building where I had my office for years, before I shut it down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Yes, I guess.  In fact, there was call center that took up an entire floor of the building where I had my office for years, before I shut it down.

Was it your diet?  Should have tried less gassy food.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meanwhile I'm watching the STO replay of the 1997 ALCS Cleveland in Baltimore followed by cruse-in car shows and Monday morning 7am Cleveland Indians replays Begin again.

Retro sports is here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Was it your diet?  Should have tried less gassy food.

I have no clue what you are talking about.   I was referring to a call center in my building. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×