THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Sign OL and rework another

darren15

There is some really good OG/C value in Day 2 of this draft... real plug n play talent...

With Hubbard apparently sticking drafting an IOL seems is less likely, but then the expanded roster can offset that.

Read a mock recently where they took Tyler Biadasz (C, Wisconsin) in Rnd 3 so we'd have a dedicated backup for the position and possible heir to it.

There are better choices IMO, but he's not a bad choice.

7 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

There is some really good OG/C value in Day 2 of this draft... real plug n play talent...

With Hubbard apparently sticking drafting an IOL seems is less likely, but then the expanded roster can offset that.

Read a mock recently where they took Tyler Biadasz (C, Wisconsin) in Rnd 3 so we'd have a dedicated backup for the position and possible heir to it.

I have contemplated either an interior lineman or a linebacker for our board draft.     There is not much in the way of LBs in this draft (interior).....and that is a name I have looked at for round 3 of our draft, coming up.   But you said there are better choices....for round 3?   What would those choices be? 

Muti....Fresno?   Ruiz....Mich.?  Niang...TCU? 

54 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I was at a Tarheel game & if this Owl hits the 4th round am interested..He stoned Stowbridge & Chazz Surratt most the day  https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/matt-hennessy/e0XxpGLZ2F   read Crabbs & Reid that nail this guy imo..any thoughts?  Berry..Philly...Temple...    

Ok, what does “IOL” mean? My best guess is Inside Offensive Lineman. And why are we just willy nilly making up new names for football position groups anyway? Another recent-ish one was “EDGE.” Where the hell did that come from? Who decided we should start calling some DEs and LBs “EDGE”? 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Muti....Fresno?   Ruiz....Mich.?  Niang...TCU? 

Muti is likely the best IOL in this draft. He's a monster that can move. Injury concerns are legit and so he's been dropped down most on-line boards... In real life you either are medically cleared to get on a team's board or not. Risky, but upside is there.

I have not looked at Ruiz's tape because I think he's gotten pricey, as he has shot up the boards lately. That said he is thought by some to be the lone, true IOL that has the best chance of any IOL to slip into the back end of round 1. Strong enough to Power block, moves well enough to ZBS, ,but could drop a few pounds and be even better in the latter.

I think Niang will make it at OT. Inside? Plenty strong enough, but tends to play high, which is a bigger problem inside.

A personal fav is Shane Lemieux, OG, Oregon... kid is made for the ZBS. Most give him a 3rd round grade, some go lower... I think he's a steal in the 3rd.