THE BROWNS BOARD

Bill Finalized

TexasAg1969

This new bill does not allow any monies to go to any of the Trump empire's companies, nor does it allow companies it does go to use it to shell out to execs or dividend payments. That's a main point the Dems held out for which includes an inspector general with major oversight powers. Also can't get hand picked to go to companies that support trumpy only. That was what they were really after to drive the Donald crazy. No soup for him!😁

1 minute ago, TexasAg1969 said:

This new bill does not allow any monies to go to any of the Trump empire's companies, nor does it allow companies it does go to use it to shell out to execs or dividend payments. That's a main point the Dems held out for which includes an inspector general with major oversight powers. Also can't get hand picked to go to companies that support trumpy only. That was what they were really after to drive the Donald crazy. No soup for him!😁

Nancy Pelosi tried to load up the bill with her democratic wish list but she failed...

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Image may contain: 2 people, hat and text

What am I missing here? What browser setting is filtering?

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Nancy Pelosi tried to load up the bill with her democratic wish list but she failed...

Despite all evidence to the contrary... but if that's what she wants, then she still has a chance to do so. The Senate Bill still has to be approved in the House.

Guess you also do not believe:

• that lobbyists wrote the bill McConnell forced procedural votes on,
  • the Dems fought for more hospital and first-responder $$$.

Details of the Senate Bill, which still has not been approved by vote, are coming out...

• $350 billion earmarked for "small business" loans for payroll and rent.
  • Large businesses that take loans for the same purposes may not pay a dividend until after the loan is repaid in full, and may not buyback its own stock for the same period plus 12 months.
  • I think I heard there were also CEO compensation restrictions, but am not sure.
  • Oversight of all loans.
  • No loans to Trump businesses.

BION I actually think the last measure is uncalled for. If other hotels and resorts can qualify, then so might Trump's under the same guidelines and restrictions.

It is not reasonable to press the President to keep the country shut in as long as is required, while financially he suffers more than his competitors. Double the scrutiny of any monies sent his way, if you like, but don't prohibit the loans.

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

worf.gif 

• Haha 2

It looks like it's still that $75k number for individuals and then it phases out. 

On top of Trump, it also prevents government officials and members of Congress from getting any loans or investments from this stimulus package. 

And I see nothing wrong with having oversight for the spending to companies 

Just because of the Optics I can live with the CEOs not getting bonuses and the dividends being paid. I don't think it necessarily helps the cause of bringing the economy back on track but we love to punish those damn rich people.

As to the big fuck you as far as Trump's businesses how about any business that has any association with any politician especially Nancy Pelosi's trillionaire or quadrillionaire husband?

And I'm not positive I like having a bunch of vindictive twats having oversight over what loans go to whom.

Haven't heard exactly what other garbage went into this toilet of a bill but... As they say it's the best we can hope for given the assholes on either side.

WSS

10 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Just because of the Optics I can live with the CEOs not getting bonuses and the dividends being paid. I don't think it necessarily helps the cause of bringing the economy back on track but we love to punish those damn rich people.

As to the big fuck you as far as Trump's businesses how about any business that has any association with any politician especially Nancy Pelosi's trillionaire or quadrillionaire husband?

And I'm not positive I like having a bunch of vindictive twats having oversight over what loans go to whom.

Haven't heard exactly what other garbage went into this toilet of a bill but... As they say it's the best we can hope for given the assholes on either side.

WSS

It covers all politicians and government officials. Right wing sites are just going to say Trump though to drive that point home.

Would you prefer there not being any oversight?

17 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

It covers all politicians and government officials. Right wing sites are just going to say Trump though to drive that point home.

Actually I read that information here. From a registered Democrat so...

Would you prefer there not being any oversight?

And God no Woody I much prefer having the oversight done by vindictive twats. The more one-sided it can be the happier I am. What a ridiculous question bud. You're a terrible reporter. 😂😂

How about we let Pat Robertson do the oversight? Or the Duck Dynasty guy? You okay with that?

WSS

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, hoorta said:

What us greedy little boogers want to know is if that $2,400 handout to couples is going to be taxable.  :)   

Here is the contents of the bill passed by the Senate. Updated this morning just minutes ago.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/03/25/coronavirus-stimulus-package-whats-in-it/2906670001/

I think they should have "oversight" on individuals too.

no drugs, no alcohol, no twinkies, no pop, no cake, no chippies or dip,

just good healthy lunches that the dems demand that nobody will eat.

Woody won't even eat the boiled asparagus. I won't either.

but it would be fair.

oversight means power to contol, power to wield over people with, to dems.

Frankly I'd be more supportive of a bill that bailed out Wall Street with a couple of caveats rather than just pass out money. Oh I'm sure the great unwashed will spend it and that will cause a bump in the economy but for anyone who relies on investment income in one way or another, which is just about all of us, something that would rebuild the Dow as quickly as possible would be the best solution. Even if rich people make a buck or two.

On the other hand maybe it's a good idea to publish a cookbook of recipes using Seed corn.

WSS

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

I think they should have "oversight" on individuals too.

no drugs, no alcohol, no twinkies, no pop, no cake, no chippies or dip,

just good healthy lunches that the dems demand that nobody will eat.

Woody won't even eat the boiled asparagus. I won't either.

but it would be fair.

oversight means power to contol, power to wield over people with, to dems.

We are spoiled though. If we were hungry enough boiled asparagus would taste like filet mignon.

All of this subject to the House passing it Friday...... which should happen.

Mo' free money, nothing wrong with that !     ;)

5 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

We are spoiled though. If we were hungry enough boiled asparagus would taste like filet mignon.

Just shoot me now then. I'd eat the wild grass my deer love out back before asparagus. Better tasting according to one of my cats.😻

One little tidbit that will come up seniors like me and my wife will get the stimulus checks however seniors who are claimed by others on their taxes will not get a check.

......Throughout the debate over the bailout bill, senators offered no explanation for this striking omission. The cost of extending rebates to elderly and disabled dependents would have been well less than 1% of the package’s total price tag. But even while they allowed up to $50 billion for airlines and a $17 billion set-aside reportedly written for Boeing, senators refused to provide a dime in direct aid to elderly and disabled individuals who rely financially on family members......

10 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I like asparagus

Boiled?

Steamed, please...

Although the fried appetizer at Perry's Steakhouse (Houston born, but all over Texas now) is amazing. Served with sautéed lump crab meat over the top of it...

image.png.63fbabcbbc92b8ea1506ec7c2fd0dd4c.png

• Like 1