THE BROWNS BOARD

Nevada Governor Signs Emergency Order Banning Prescriptions of Hydroxychloroquine For Treatment of Coronavirus…

OldBrownsFan

24 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

This really upsets me. Hydroxychloroquine is a cheap easily mfg drug. Israel has just promised to give us 10 million doses. If there is hoarding going on by doctors of this drug there are other ways to combat that without banning the drug altogether for patients who need it. 

Don't believe everything you read on Twitter

Don't believe anything that JAFBF posts

4 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

After Nevada's governor banned doctors from prescribing hydroxychloroquine for covid 19  it didn't seem a stretch another governor would do the same but glad to see that is not the case with NY.

In Nevada's case I don't believe it was a political decision at all by the governor I just think he is wrong and misguided.

5 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Woody, organic chemistry was my favorite subject in college. I'll totally buy hydroxychloroquine is pretty easy to whip up by a pharmaceutical manufacturer. 

https://www.beilstein-journals.org/bjoc/articles/14/45

LOL, I don't have the time to read all of this abstract- but I did catch the annual deaths world wide from malaria approach 500,000, and there's not a peep about it in the media- but damn we've got this NEW virus causing world wide hysteria. 

I don't follow JAFBF enough to have an opinion. 

58 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Woody, organic chemistry was my favorite subject in college. I'll totally buy hydroxychloroquine is pretty easy to whip up by a pharmaceutical manufacturer. 

https://www.beilstein-journals.org/bjoc/articles/14/45

LOL, I don't have the time to read all of this abstract- but I did catch the annual deaths world wide from malaria approach 500,000, and there's not a peep about it in the media- but damn we've got this NEW virus causing world wide hysteria. 

I don't follow JAFBF enough to have an opinion. 

Well no fucking shit!?! We have treatments for malaria and the bulk of those deaths are in torn regions of Africa sometimes the WHO won't even touch.  

So, yeah.   When malaria rolls into a 1st world country like Italy and smokes nearly 8k in 2 or so weeks, get back to me.  

8 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Well no fucking shit!?! We have treatments for malaria and the bulk of those deaths are in torn regions of Africa sometimes the WHO won't even touch.  

So, yeah.   When malaria rolls into a 1st world country like Italy and smokes nearly 8k in 2 or so weeks, get back to me.  

And that's  exactly  why it's a f**king crisis. And exactly  my point. No one was giving  a crap how many of  those backwater folks were  dying of  malaria or  Ebola, now that it hit home. HOLD THE PRESSES!!! CRISIS. Double  standard, lives in  developed  countries  are all of a sudden worth a million  times more press coverage. 

15 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

If we have limited amounts then save it for those who actually need it.

Sounds like Ohio needs an Rx ban... :)

6 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

A common sense ban. Ban prescriptions for hydroxychloroquine for those wanting to take it for preventative measures but do not ban it for patients with Covid 19 and want to take it.

How will Pharmacies be able to tell the difference?

8 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

How will Pharmacies be able to tell the difference?

The pharmacies wouldn't. This would fall on doctors prescribing hydroxychloroquine. They would only be able to prescribe the drug for those who tested positive for covid 19.

Personally I would not want to be prescribed hydroxychloroquine for mild symptoms of covid 19 but if the symptoms were quickly progressing to severe that is when I  would want to take the drug. There may be better drugs coming down the pike but as of right now If I had severe symptoms of covid19 I would go with the hydroxychoroquine and zpac combo. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

The pharmacies wouldn't. This would fall on doctors prescribing hydroxychloroquine. They would only be able to prescribe the drug for those who tested positive for covid 19.

Personally I would not want to be prescribed hydroxychloroquine for mild symptoms of covid 19 but if the symptoms were quickly progressing to severe that is when I  would want to take the drug. There may be better drugs coming down the pike but as of right now If I had severe symptoms of covid19 I would go with the hydroxychoroquine and zpac combo. 

LOL, find a pill mill doctor.  Instead of  opioids,  anti malarials will be the  new rage. I pointed out, should hydroxychloroquine prove to have some  benefit, it  will be  pretty  easy to massively ramp up production.  

And you wouldn't  want to  take it unless you  need to, if you're 1\2 intelligent.  It can have nasty side effects. Then you have (the now dead) guy who used- what was it? Aquarium chemicals?

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

LOL, find a pill mill doctor. 

Yup.... Fen Phen was off label as well.

Honor system fails when $$$ get big enough.