THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Biggest Draft Needs, Post Free Agency

The Gipper

49 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

By that do you mean that you don't think any of them as a group are worthy of the #10 pick?  

Wonder if we could do well waiting to round 2....to pick 42.    A guy like Austin Jackson USC?

No..

The first line of comment was simply reflecting Ag's tally... put another way many mocks pick other OTs for teams above us with OT need leaving Thomas to fall to us.

This understanding is key to the 2nd line which basically says: I've looked at them all and cannot understand how Thomas is not the consensus top OT.

I've been trumpeting Thomas at 10 repeatedly... with Jones as the best alternative.

Jackson... no... not at 42 or on Day 2.

The most promising OT prospect outside of Day 1 I see is Peart (UConn). In a pinch, if I'm shut out of the OTs in Round 1, then I take him in Round 2

If gun to head I had to take a prospect on Day 3? Lucas Niang (TCU) has possibilities.

11 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I've been trumpeting Thomas at 10 repeatedly... with Jones as the best alternative.

I've been all set at a)Thomas or b.) Wills at #10...

Are you saying you'd pass on Wirfs solidifying RG or upgrade Hub at RT? Conk to LT..

And you'd also pass on Becton at #10? am still in shock at what Becton ran..his 1.77 split 👀, was just a few ticks over Wirfs at 1.69..Wills,Thomas & Jones all in 1.80's..

Is Trading back to say pick #15? Can ya take Josh Jones there? with a wing under 80" & arms barely under 34"?

Another shocker to me is the Overall size wing of Becton 83 2/8.. Thomas & Wills sit at 83 4/8ths... 

27 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm excited at the prospect of having a good OLine again. 

The tackle position should be fixed as of... whenever the Draft happens. 

Of course, a good question is:   Will getting a LOT with the #10 pick actually "fix" that position.    Unless that person is the rare Joe Thomas type, any rookie would still have a lot to learn, and the play would be questionable until he proves it. 

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:
  1. I've been all set at a)Thomas or b.) Wills at #10...
  2. Are you saying you'd pass on Wirfs solidifying RG or upgrade Hub at RT? Conk to LT..
  3. And you'd also pass on Becton at #10? am still in shock at what Becton ran..his 1.77 split 👀, was just a few ticks over Wirfs at 1.69..Wills,Thomas & Jones all in 1.80's..
  4. Is Trading back to say pick #15? Can ya take Josh Jones there? with a wing under 80" & arms barely under 34"?
  5. Another shocker to me is the Overall size wing of Becton 83 2/8.. Thomas & Wills sit at 83 4/8ths... 
  1. Wills was my initial #1 and he's still acceptable, but to take him you have to know one of your two RTs can flip to LT. While I know you and I believe Conk can do that, it's still a wrinkle to consider. It's why Jones and Peart have both leap-frogged Wills in my value scenarios. Jones because I know he can play LT. Peart because I know he can play RT and he costs me a lot less to try Conk at LT.
  2. I'd pass on Wirfs in a heartbeat. I don't need to spend a #1 to fix RG. While back I posted a PFF article on the impact of passing rounds on success at every Offensive position. IOL (OG + Center) was the flattest line of all. You can find quality IOL starters throughout the draft... and this one is a great example IMO.
  3. Becton? Again... I'd pass in a heartbeat. Is the potential there? Maybe... but then it was supposedly in a great athlete named Greg Robinson as well. As is Becton's a top-heavy mess with no tech.
  4. Jones lasts until 15 in almost every scenario I can think of excepting if there is an early OT run starting with NYG at #4. Conversely if the first OT off the board doesn't go until AZ at #8, then Jones may fall to the bottom of the first... but in that case Thomas is likely there at #10 for us unless NYJ wants him enough to trade up from 11 for him.
  5. Wills' span surprised me because the other two looked much bigger on tape. But its not a matter of how wide... but what they do with the width... At least that's what she said.

Someone here posted weeks ago about some Sr. Bowl scout (IIRC) of some note saying Thomas and Jones were the class of this class. I'd love to compare notes with whomever that was...

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Tour2ma said:
  1. It's why Jones and Peart have both leap-frogged Wills in my value scenarios. Jones because I know he can play LT. Peart because I know he can play RT and he costs me a lot less to try Conk at LT.
  2. I'd pass on Wirfs in a heartbeat. I don't need to spend a #1 to fix RG. 
  3. Becton? Again... I'd pass in a heartbeat. Is the potential there? Maybe... but then it was supposedly in a great athlete named Greg Robinson as well. As is Becton's a top-heavy mess with no tech

Always enjoy having a Hog-Molly advisor to lean on, on this board.. Use'guys always seem to find the longer nuts & bolts in the tool box, us average Joe's like me can't find...

in short, Give us Andrew Thomas at #10 to scare the lake pigeons off the field... or

on draft night we will be Counting Crows till Mr. Jones 

B) i might look like Bob Dylan before draft night round 1 is over