THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Board Draft Finished Rounds

The Gipper

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Gipper-

darren left me his pick for Miami - he decided against Jeff Thomas and took Joe Reed WR Virginia. Drafttek has him @ #212 overall and Thomas #306. Walter has them both very close together as 4-6 rd picks with almost identical 40's, but Reed is taller and heavier with a better 2019 season. 

Denver could use another RB and decides to go with a power back in 5'10"  220 lb. RB James Robinson from Southern Illinois who has had quite a stellar career there and #193 overall with drafttek. Take a look. https://goredbirds.com/sports/football/roster/james-robinson/6388

Oh, OK then, thanks

Denver decides to take a longshot with the Aggie Midnight Special in WR Kendrick Rogers 6'4"  4.51 40 speed with serious hops. He has had a career full of nagging injuries, none of which are permanently crippling, but enough to detract the nightmare he was for a superior LSU defense in their 7 OT loss to A&M in 2018. Rogers should have stayed another year to prove this tape on him against LSU and also some against Clemson's were for real. Walter has him a 6th to UDFA. Some smart scouts will understand the tremendous upside he showed in a couple of games against top defenses.

PM sent to Woody for Mr. Irrelevant.

With the last pick in the draft the New York Giants select Jordan Glasgow, OLB, Michigan.

Former walk on to starting LB. Played SS, Viper and OLB. Both of his older brothers were former walk ons turned NFL players. 

4 time academic all big ten. Butkus award semifinalist his Sr year.

Blue collar, hard working guy that is going to find a spot on a team with special teams play, defensive versatility, and a great locker room presence. 

I'd be stoked if the Browns got him late.

A perfect Mr Irrelevant

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2020/03/21/nfl-draft-prospects-2020-jordan-glasgow-michigan-interview/

34 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

With the last pick in the draft the New York Giants select Jordan Glasgow, OLB, Michigan.

Former walk on to starting LB. Played SS, Viper and OLB. Both of his older brothers were former walk ons turned NFL players. 

4 time academic all big ten. Butkus award semifinalist his Sr year.

Blue collar, hard working guy that is going to find a spot on a team with special teams play, defensive versatility, and a great locker room presence. 

I'd be stoked if the Browns got him late.

A perfect Mr Irrelevant

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2020/03/21/nfl-draft-prospects-2020-jordan-glasgow-michigan-interview/

Perfect Mr. Irrelevant. So much so that neither drafttek nor Walter list him at all.😜😂

But I'm proud we both picked people at the end from our "Homer" lists.😁👍

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Perfect Mr. Irrelevant. So much so that neither drafttek nor Walter list him at all.😜😂

But I'm proud we both picked people at the end from our "Homer" lists.😁👍

Not in the Top  550 in draftek.  In fact, a google search didn't even reveal him.....but I did find a guy of that name whose body was dug up in Arkansas:

https://arktimes.com/arkansas-blog/2015/03/12/remains-found-on-petit-jean-are-those-of-john-glasgow

So, I guess we really did have to "dig deep" to find Mr. Irrelevant. 

(FYI....Draftek has Jashon Cornell rated as the #252 overall prospect....and I chose him at #253.....so I call that a bargain :P

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Cbs has him ranked #466 as a LB.

And, fun fact, PFF actually gave Glasgow the best tackling grade in college football last season.

So he'll never get there by doing something ridiculous like "reading keys", but when he guesses correctly, he'll make the tackle.

But...per Woody....tackling don't matter in the NFL. 

Now here's a surprise for you. Walter Football's latest draft has my next to last pick in the BB 7th, WR Kendrick Rogers, going in the 4th round to the LA Chargers @ #112 overall.

Looks like they read my assessment.

"-WR Kendrick Rogers – Los Angeles Chargers – 4th round (112 overall)

“The Chargers gave far too many snaps to someone named Andre Patton last year. Patton may have been the least efficient NFL receiver I've ever seen in my life.

“Kendrick Rogers has flashed some major upside, but he'll need to show improved durability to be chosen in the first round.”-Walterfootball most recent mock draft.

2 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Of course, that's not what I said. 

But somehow I just knew you'd get that out of it

You are right. You said that Linebackers were not important in today's football.  Yet it is linebackers that are the 17 or the Top 20 tacklers in the league.  So, let me rephrase what you said:   rather than you say that tackling don't matter......you said........Tackling, or at least the guys that do most of it,  is unimportant

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

You are right. You said that Linebackers were not important in today's football.  Yet it is linebackers that are the 17 or the Top 20 tacklers in the league.  So, let me rephrase what you said:   rather than you say that tackling don't matter......you said........Tackling, or at least the guys that do most of it,  is unimportant

Well at least you got closer with that one...

2 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Well at least you got closer with that one...

No....

not close.   Precise.  You said Linebackers are unimportant.   And it is just a fact that LBs are by far the leading tacklers. 

So, now, maybe you want to walk it back what you said.   Its OK.   No one will think the worse of you.  (how can they possibly?)

What you said is tantamount to saying that Wide Receivers are unimportant to the passing game because, after all, there are tight ends and running backs that catch a lot of balls. 

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

No....

not close.   Precise.  You said Linebackers are unimportant.   And it is just a fact that LBs are by far the leading tacklers. 

So, now, maybe you want to walk it back what you said.   Its OK.   No one will think the worse of you.  (how can they possibly?)

What you said is tantamount to saying that Wide Receivers are unimportant to the passing game because, after all, there are tight ends and running backs that catch a lot of balls. 

Lol. Nice attempt at analogous situation there. Almost made sense in trying to make me look wrong(?)

The passing game is key in the NFL. Positions that impact that position more are more important. On defense, that starts with DBs that cover the WRs, then the DL that try to disrupt the QB, and then finally leaves the LBs as least important. Teams are running sets with less LBs more and more often now. 

The fact that they're in a spot to tackle someone doesn't make them important. More tackles on defense doesn't mean more important. 

1 minute ago, MLD Woody said:

Lol. Nice attempt at analogous situation there. Almost made sense in trying to make me look wrong(?)

The passing game is key in the NFL. Positions that impact that position more are more important. On defense, that starts with DBs that cover the WRs, then the DL that try to disrupt the QB, and then finally leaves the LBs as least important. Teams are running sets with less LBs more and more often now. 

The fact that they're in a spot to tackle someone doesn't make them important. More tackles on defense doesn't mean more important. 

Nice try.   It made sense in trying to make you look wrong, because you are wrong. 

Who do you think covers and tackles most TEs and RBs (who actually are doing more pass catching these days)....mostly LBs.  What percent of pass attempts actually end up being a sack....and who does most of the tackling when a sack isn't made?   Beyond that....it is also LBs  either OLBs or blitzing LBs that make a lot of the sacks (those ARE tackles in case you had not heard).

You are just mind numbingly wrong. 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Nice try.   It made sense in trying to make you look wrong, because you are wrong. 

Who do you think covers and tackles most TEs and RBs (who actually are doing more pass catching these days)....mostly LBs.  What percent of pass attempts actually end up being a sack....and who does most of the tackling when a sack isn't made?   Beyond that....it is also LBs  either OLBs or blitzing LBs that make a lot of the sacks (those ARE tackles in case you had not heard).

You are just mind numbingly wrong. 

Sacks are also an overemphasized stat

But alright Gip, I'll let this be. I'm over it. You've been objectively proven wrong before enough times that I know I'm not getting anywhere (how good of a school is Miami of Ohio again? Lol)

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Sacks are also an overemphasized stat

But alright Gip, I'll let this be. I'm over it. You've been objectively proven wrong before enough times that I know I'm not getting anywhere (how good of a school is Miami of Ohio again? Lol)

A.   So, now  sacks are not important....and tackling is not important.    Maybe you think we are talking about soccer.   

B. I am objectively right here:   Linebackers make more tackles than any other position.  The stats don't lie.  

C.  I would send my kid to Miami Oh. before sending him to Michigan.   In fact, I did have my kid apply to Miami Oh.  and not Michigan. But, if it makes you feel better, I also did not have him apply to Ohio State.   (he went to a school that is better than all of them). 

• Zombo unpinned this topic