THE BROWNS BOARD

Coronavirus humor

jbluhm86

On 3/29/2020 at 12:21 AM, calfoxwc said:

sure looks like that Secret beach on the island of Kaui... but that was over twenty years ago.

Shhhhhh!  That was our secret dammit and not too far from my favorite snorkel spot on Kauai, Anini Beach.😍 

https://www.kauai.com/anini-beach

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Shhhhhh!  That was our secret dammit and not too far from my favorite snorkel spot on Kauai, Anini Beach.😍 

https://www.kauai.com/anini-beach

sorry. I wouldn't have said anything, but it looks like we might not make another trip to Hawaii anyways...

too many other places to visit... "Shhhhh" beach. lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

That's what I thought. They should have also put those pointed hats on them.

WSS

Actually those hats are worn by both Chinese and Japanese, Vietnamese too. Probably other SE Asians as well.

What's odd is that the Koreans don't, and the Korean peninsula sits right in between China and Japan.

I know you must really appreciate the knowledge you have gained here. LOL

36 minutes ago, Gorka said:

Actually those hats are worn by both Chinamen and Japs, Vietnamese too. Probably other SE Asians as well.

What's odd is that the Koreans don't, and the Korean peninsula sits right in between China and Japan.

I know you must really appreciate the knowledge you have gained here. LOL

You're kind of a fucking racist.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

You're kind of a fucking racist.

That was quick!..LOL

I put Jap and Chinaman out there to see who the first offended doofus was gonna be to jump all over it. And he wasn't even a fuckin libtard!

Experiment over.  It is time now to edit.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Gorka said:

That was quick!..LOL

I put Jap and Chinaman out there to see who the first offended doofus was gonna be to jump all over it. And he wasn't even a fuckin libtard!

Experiment over.  It is time now to edit.

Yes he is.

On 3/26/2020 at 11:42 PM, Tour2ma said:

Some real lol stuff in this thread...

This is not that kind of funny. It's more the "scrunch up your face at this being true" funny.

The Catholic church conducted a search to see if it had a Patron Saint of Epidemics it could call upon in this time of crisis. So a request went out from the Vatican asking if any such Saint existed.

They received an answer from a church in the small city of Aachen, Germany. The answer was, "Yes," and that Aachen Cathedral contained the relics of the patron Saint of Epidemics.

The Saint's name? Corona.

I shit you not...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-germany-saint/german-cathedral-dusts-off-relics-of-st-corona-patron-of-epidemics-idUSKBN21C2PM

There's a couple others Tour...  

St. Roch

Said to have been born with a red cross image across his breast in 1295, St. Roch was born to a noble family at Montpelier, France. Orphaned at age 20, he made a pilgrimage to Rome where he cared for plague victims. Taken ill with the plague, Roch recovered with the aid of a dog who took food from his masters table to feed him. This led to his being named the patron saint of dogs. Roch then performed miracles to help the afflicted.

Returning to Montpelier, Roch was accused of being a spy and imprisoned for five years by an uncle who didn’t recognize him. He never revealed his true status as son of the former governor. The story of the ultimate discovery of his identity varies with some stories saying it was prior and some saying upon his death that his birthmark cross was discerned.

Patron saint of invalids, Roch, known as Roque in Spain and Rocco in Italy, was followed by a popular cult responding to reports of his miracles performed for plague victims. He is also the patron saint of dogs and frequently is shown in the company of a dog. His feast day is Aug. 16.

Also, Pope Saint Gregory I....(The Great)   

Near the end of the 6th century, a severe plague ravaged the city of Rome, even claiming the life of Pope Pelagius II. It was a difficult time for the people of the city, and when Pope Gregory I was elected to lead the Church, he immediately set out to call upon the mercy of God.

St. Gregory the Great (as he would later be known) organized a massive procession around the city, inviting everyone to pray to God that the plague would be lifted. The Golden Legend narrates how the procession was led by an ancient image of the Virgin Mary, reportedly cleansing the air of disease.

The plague was still ravaging Rome, and Gregory ordered the procession to continue to make the circuit of the city, the marchers chanting the litanies. An image of Blessed Mary ever Virgin was carried in the procession … And lo and behold! The poisonous uncleanness of the air yielded to the image as if fleeing from it and being unable to withstand its presence: the passage of the picture brought about a wonderful serenity and purity in the air. We are also told that the voices of angels were heard around the image, singing.