THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns sign safety Andrew Sandejo

darren15

5 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Back in the day moneyball was bargaining a $15 lay down to $10.🤑

Enough about your Saigon furloughs...

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Rear End?

When you edit quotes of other people surreptitiously... yes, you are.

Well actually not just when you do that...

9 hours ago, Flugel said:

Let's not turn this into a 10 page back and forth debate about Money Ball.

It's not.

It's just another example of Gip trying to cling to yet another misguided notion.

"Prove it" deals are the antithesis of Moneyball, because if a player proves it he becomes expensive.

Greg Robinson was signed for two-years... by Dorsey.... hardly a Moneyball GM.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

When you edit quotes of other people surreptitiously... yes, you are.

Well actually not just when you do that...

What if it was edited blatantly, as it was?  Grow up.  You seriously need to get a fucking life when you cannot go along with a little  humor. 

3 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

It's not.

It's just another example of Gip trying to cling to yet another misguided notion.

"Prove it" deals are the antithesis of Moneyball, because if a player proves it he becomes expensive.

I am not clinging to any notion.  I was going along with your definition.  So, I guess, if anyone was misguiding me, it was you. I wager you will be too craven to take ownership of that. 

I hate when I miss a typo. I make enough that I don't need help.

That said...

You're so cute when you cuss...

Now please post more about how I am not getting to you.

3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I am not clinging to any notion.  I was going along with your definition.  So, I guess, if anyone was misguiding me, it was you. I wager you will be too craven to take ownership of that. 

Sorry, if I am making posts that are too complex for you to grasp.

Just let me know when you need me dumb down a concept for you and I'll try to do so.

3 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

Tour already told you what moneyball was. You just don't want to accept that answer as it doesn't line up with what you think moneyball is.

lol... Good to see that everyone is not as comprehensively challenged as Gipper.

But as I have posted before it's a post whore trait... and we only have one of those here.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Sorry, if I am making posts that are too complex for you to grasp.

Just let me know when you need me dumb down a concept for you and I'll try to do so.

Grow up.  Get a life.  What a Cow.  You cranky because you need milked?

If you have all this time to worry about me,  why don't you take on a couple of teams in the Board Draft.  Make yourself useful. 

14 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

lol... Good to see that everyone is not as comprehensively challenged as Gipper.

But as I have posted before it's a post whore trait... and we only have one of those here.

There is only one person here who can be a whore, as only Tour has/is a cunny.  If not anatomically, attitudinally.  (What even is a "post whore"?....that is the only thing I don't comprehend). 

Grow up.  Get a Life.  Make yourself useful. 

27 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Enough about your Saigon furloughs...

La Grange my good man, pre-married days. I was a honorable celibate married man in Vietnam and never even saw Saigon. And it would have been Nha Trang anyway where I went once a month to get paid. There were French-Vietnamese women there that could make you sign a pact with the devil for just one night. Many a married friend signed up for sure.

3 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

La Grange my good man, pre-married days. I was a honorable celibate married man in Vietnam and never even saw Saigon. And it would have been Nha Trang anyway where I went once a month to get paid. There were French-Vietnamese women there that could make you sign a pact with the devil for just one night. Many a married friend signed up for sure.

So?  Is "post whore" like a Vietnamese thing then? :lol:

39 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

La Grange my good man, pre-married days.

lol... They gotta a lotta nice girls out there... Haw haw haw haw...

Geez, Gip... and you were just on Urban Dictinary...

1. A newbie to an online forum who goes into overtime posting many short and usually meaningless posts in an attempt to raise their post count to pass the newbie stage ASAP.

2. A type of trolling or board saboteur where the intent of the person is to invade the forum with an annoying presence.

3. A person who is starving for attention in real life and compensates for their shortcomings in society by living in a forum and inserting their presence across the board everyday and sometimes all day. As soon as their post count breaches the highest recorded for the forum, they often begin to post frequently on the direction the board should take. It is not uncommon to see their avatars change frequently often with a theme of power. Forum members will begin to try to put the member in check but to no avail as the person is feeding off of their imaginary power to which they compensate for their lack of real world activity. (Most notorious for fitting this definition is the member: Bluto from getbig dot com)

4. A person, who feels their higher post count gives them added credibility in the forum, even over people who have contributed for much longer and as such they go to great lengths to increase their post count.

5. A post whore is a virtual attention whore. The attention whore brings the same attitude into online forums where they assert their “look at me” persona by invading the board with a large presence of posts.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

.. need milked?

Verb tense much?

Don't type angry... Don't type angry.

Oh, wait...

You use voice transcription.

Just when I thought it couldn't get worse.

23 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I miss the good old days before the internet when the post whore was just off Army posts.💃😍

Not that you would have taken advantage of that...

... or did you have a period of premarital service?

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Here is the defintion of Moneyball

Flugel explained how it worked.

Your comment re-iterated something that wasn't being discussed or disagreed with. Of course "finding undervalued" is the goal.. I don't think we need to explain why that should be a given.  The ONE point being discussed was contract length.. answering the question of "how do you lock in the player once you've determined them to be under-valued and available."

You do this a lot, dude, and it really doesn't help [or further understanding].  Please stop.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Geez, Gip... and you were just on Urban Dictinary...

Projection much?  

I just want to talk football......you just want to talk "Gipper". 

I mean, its like  you have morphed into Jennifer Jason Leigh in Single White Female.  You wanna be like me?  Grow Up. Get a Life. Make yourself useful.

3 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Flugel explained how it worked.

Your comment re-iterated something that wasn't being discussed or disagreed with. Of course "finding undervalued" is the goal.. I don't think we need to explain why that should be a given.  The ONE point being discussed was contract length.. answering the question of "how do you lock in the player once you've determined them to be under-valued and available."

You do this a lot, dude, and it really doesn't help [or further understanding].  Please stop.

Well, clearly there were two points being discussed....."finding undervalued" players...AND contract length.  My question had to do with the 1 year contracts.  Maybe I did need that for my further understanding...Why were all these players given just one year contracts?  And, if I re-iterated something....so what?  What harm did it do. 

3 hours ago, Flugel said:

It's about a guy that can't handle the truth when it should be about the subject heading. 

Why do you think I could not handle the truth?  Is asking a question about the nuances of these matters so objectionable.?  Or speculations thereon?  Questions like:  Why just the one year contracts?  Why/how does this fit into DePodesta's (and Berry's)  modus operandi? 

Again, what do you find objectionable about those questions  (and the subject heading is about this player...who possibly is one of those undervalued players with a one year deal. 

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I hate when I miss a typo. I make enough that I don't need help.

That said...

You're so cute when you cuss...

Now please post more about how I am not getting to you.

There it is.  "Getting to me is the sum and substance of your existence, apparently.  Grow/Life/Useful...you get it. 

8 hours ago, The Gipper said:

clearly there were two points being discussed....."finding undervalued" players...AND contract length

No, not clearly. The one point being discussed was contract length, full stop.

Tour answered your first "question" with his first post in the thread. Dislike him as you will.  But when he states :

On 3/20/2020 at 12:24 PM, Tour2ma said:

Moneyball used Bill James' analytics to ID under-valued players. Then they locked those players up for as long as was reasonable considering their age

that is.. the end of it. He's right. That's not a discussion - that's the one-line brief explanation to bring you up to speed.  

Except the word in bold is of course the part where the discussion is possible, which again brings us back to contract length, which is what I said last post. And when you spent the rest of the first page after the above post talking about one-year deals.. that is also a question about contract length, because if the players weren't undervalued, they wouldn't be getting an offer of any length.

9 hours ago, Icecube said:

Is this his 12th season? 

Legit question and a perfect distraction from Gipper wasting everyone's time on what he wants Moneyball to mean.  It's going to be his 11th year so he'll be a 1 year contract. Think of him as a player coach until we get a young feller in there we can get up to speed.  Might not be a bad signing when it all plays out.  After trading for Tyrod Taylor, we did this with Drew Stanton for Baker Mayfield the year we drafted Baker #1 overall. 

Here's what Berry added in FA this year:  TE Austin Hooper, RT Jake Conklin, QB Case Keenum, ILB/MLB B.J. Goodson, DT Andrew Billings, CK Kevin Johnson, S Karl Joseph, and S Andrew Sendejo. I think only the first 3 guys received contracts longer than 1 year. Outside of Keenum and Senjejo - most of theese guys are only about 26 years old.

It's a different approach than Dorsey (who traded for a lot of players by giving up draft picks and/or veterans as well as the cap space).  It'll be interesting to see how this works out.  

• Upvote 1