THE BROWNS BOARD

Marvel NFL Helmets

The Gipper

5 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

A few not bad....this one is close to original:

9067681.png

Yeah Tom Brady will look good in that especially with the 1911 on it.

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

No, many adults do like comic books.  I don't do the books, just the movies that are based on the books. 

Yeah, I get that. Not my thing, but to each their own. 

Just wasn't sure if cvcanedy was joking or not. 

Those helmets took some time and effort to do.

A complete waste of time & effort if you ask me.....but I waste time too, so who am I to talk?  Well, I'm me, so, I talk.  :)

37 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Yeah, I get that. Not my thing, but to each their own. 

Just wasn't sure if cvcanedy was joking or not. 

Like I said,  Westside Steve I know has been a comic book devotee.    I know that his preference is for DC over Marvel. 

6 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Reminiscent of You Know Who?

Hey!  I still own a couple of accordions.    (don't play them, muscle memory gone, but can't get rid of them somehow)

Here's my idea.  Stop the stripes before reaching the bottom back of the helmet and place the elf (Brownie) there.  And soften that Day-Glo orange back to what it use to be please.

Browns Helmet elf back.png

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Orion said:

Hey!  I still own a couple of accordions.    (don't play them, muscle memory gone, but can't get rid of them somehow)

Here's my idea.  Stop the stripes before reaching the bottom back of the helmet and place the elf (Brownie) there.  And soften that Day-Glo orange back to what it use to be please.

I know I'm in the minority, but I'd throw him right on the sides of the helmet. Or maybe on one side, with the player's number on the other side. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I know I'm in the minority, but I'd throw him right on the sides of the helmet. Or maybe on one side, with the player's number on the other side. 

Yup, you're in the minority.  

And so am I with my idea.....but at least I didn't spend more than 5 minutes on it.  :)

BTW, the name Browns down the side of the pants was my idea.  Posted it several (probably 8 ish) years ago on another forum.  

11 hours ago, Orion said:

I wouldn't stop the stripes and even less to put the elf there. No way. Maybe in the side, but not stopping the stripes. Maybe you could stop the stripes using a kind of an arrow ending, but I wouldn't put anything else in that axis. 

11 hours ago, Orion said:

Those helmets took some time and effort to do.

A complete waste of time & effort if you ask me.....but I waste time too, so who am I to talk?  Well, I'm me, so, I talk.  :)

As an architect with many colleagues and friends working in design/art, I can tell you it's not a complete waste of time. First, you develop your skills through practise, second, these kind of "unpaid" works can be added to your portfolio and increase your opportunities when trying to get a job. 

They can be pictured as some kind of investment.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Nero said:

I wouldn't stop the strides

First, I want to say how well you know the English language.  Very Well!  Second, they're stripes.  Strides are your steps while walking, jogging or running.  Or small parts of a large task.

Speaking of the stripes.  Hopefully this new regime of coaches doesn't continue with the dumb idea of no stripes on the helmets until final roster cuts.  You know, that 'earn your stripes' bullshit.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

After the past 20 seasons they should put this on the sides. 

💩

51 minutes ago, Orion said:

First, I want to say how well you know the English language.  Very Well!  Second, they're stripes.  Strides are your steps while walking, jogging or running.  Or small parts of a large task.

Speaking of the stripes.  Hopefully this new regime of coaches doesn't continue with the dumb idea of no stripes on the helmets until final roster cuts.  You know, that 'earn your stripes' bullshit.

FFS: I know it's stripes. And what is strides too. I don't know how I made that mistake, LOL. And I wrote it the wrong way thrice! 

1 minute ago, Nero said:

FFS: I know it's stripes. And what is strides too. I don't know how I made that mistake, LOL. And I wrote it the wrong way twice! 

...ever wonder what the brain is thinking?   Sometimes I read what I wrote and I say to myself, "Who typed that?  Where was my brain when I was typing that?"  Most of the time I correct that stuff before I press 'Submit'.  :)

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Someone...clearly jokingly, developed a helmet for each NFL team based on some Marvel character, or situation.  Here is the Browns:

9067652.png

Perfect.

As a reminder of last season..."we were not at all what we were cracked up to be".

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Nero said:

FFS: I know it's stripes. And what is strides too. I don't know how I made that mistake, LOL. And I wrote it the wrong way thrice! 

And you can't even excuse it as a finger slip typo because the "d" and the "p" are not next to each other but rather at opposite ends of the keyboard.

What in heavens name has gotten into you? LOL

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Gorka said:

And you can't even excuse it as a finger slip typo because the "d" and the "p" are not next to each other but rather at opposite ends of the keyboard.

What in heavens name has gotten into you? LOL

27 minutes ago, Orion said:

...ever wonder what the brain is thinking?   Sometimes I read what I wrote and I say to myself, "Who typed that?  Where was my brain when I was typing that?"  Most of the time I correct that stuff before I press 'Submit'.  :)

Only thing that comes to mind is that the p if you turn it 180 degrees becomes a d, so my mind said "fuck it, good enough". 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1