THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker Mayfield, wife donate $50K to Cleveland Food Bank; challenge Ohioans to give back during coronavirus crisis

Vambo

20 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

$50k?

That's all?

I'm glad he gave something -but- he made way more than that doing dumb insurance commercials.   Just sayin'.  

Leader of the BROWNS.

23 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

I'm glad he gave something -but- he made way more than that doing dumb insurance commercials.   Just sayin'.  

Leader of the BROWNS.

I was just trying to offset some of the cheerleading I was reading...

Yes, it's great he gave, but ratio that amount off his 2020 Salary ($9,000,000) plus his endorsements ($1mm? $3mm).

Use $10mm as it's a round number... 0.5%... or $50 per $10,000 of income.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Yes, it's great he gave, but ratio that amount off his 2020 Salary ($9,000,000) plus his endorsements ($1mm? $3mm).

Yes and a fraction of his disposable income.  The average Joe doesn't have much if any DI just for comparison.  A $100k or more gift would have seemed more genuine.

74382-John-F-Kennedy-Quote-To-those-whom-much-is-given-much-is-expected.jpg

Ogun steps up...

Browns DT Larry Ogunjobi donates 100,000 meals to local food bank

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2020/03/20/browns-dt-larry-ogunjobi-donates-100000-meals-to-local-food-bank/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

I admire stuff like this. I wish my garden was planted, etc, so I could donate a lot of it to food banks and neighbors.

but NO, it's March. I don't know if I'll have over 800 tomatoes, though. It's tough to get it all planted in time.

• Upvote 2

The fact that they gave anything at all is a classy gesture on his part.... If he continues to make an annual thing out of this then ,Cool!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Jimmah n Dee chippin' in...

Browns owners Jimmy and Dee Haslam pledge $1.5 million to COVID-19 relief funds

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/continuing-coverage/coronavirus/browns-owners-jimmy-and-dee-haslam-pledge-1-5-million-to-covid-19-relief-funds

• Upvote 1

lol... Appears he still isn't quite in game form... gotta love the 1st reply.

Pro athletes are doing the ‘pushup challenge,’ and Baker Mayfield got roasted for his form

Charles Curtis

Pro athletes have done it, including Cleveland Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield, who got roasted for his form:

#Browns QB Baker Mayfield joins in on the push-up challenge pic.twitter.com/UsoHu59UN5

- BrownsWave \: (@Brownswave) March 22, 2020

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Case Keenum confirmed starting qb

- Shane Linton (@Shaneathon_) March 22, 2020

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Number of completed pushups: pic.twitter.com/GJwl9gNdm0

- Kevin (@BengalBrackmans) March 23, 2020

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man what are those pic.twitter.com/v98aDdyoUn

- K.dott (@KalebManuel8) March 22, 2020

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 hours ago, Icecube said:

My God people, I've been harder on Baker than most. But do we have to even rip on him for his push up form?  

When I tried that half-assed "push-up" as a freshman in the Corps at A&M a disciplinary measure was administered, a foot in the back all the way to the ground multiple times until I fully comprehended what was required for a "real" pushup. He needs a Marine D.I. standing over him!😂  

On 3/25/2020 at 2:07 PM, Tour2ma said:

Pretty sure the push up ripping was "good-natured", but if it fires him up... all the better.

Reminds me of Brooks Koepka the golfer who got teased about his body, came back an adonis!

On 3/19/2020 at 9:34 PM, Tour2ma said:

Man, he was in half of every commercial played last season (it felt like). He should have plucked down at least $250k. But, easy for us to say. He better save his $ if he keeps playing like last season, it has to last him a lifetime. He needs to get to that 2nd contract to get the sick money, and I mean as a valued starter, not as a Jameis Winston type of deal. And who would have thought Cam would be looking for a job a few-3 season ago? 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Icecube said:

Drew Brees...

14th highest paid QB... at a mere $25mm/yr. or 20% of his gross...

That's some serious cheese...

• Upvote 1

On 3/24/2020 at 10:04 PM, Tour2ma said:

lol... Appears he still isn't quite in game form... gotta love the 1st reply.

Pro athletes are doing the ‘pushup challenge,’ and Baker Mayfield got roasted for his form

😆 I haven't seen pushups that bad since Biloxi Blues!

As long as he saves the good push-ups and bedroom gymnastics for the wife, AND ONLY HIS WIFE from here on out... 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

14th highest paid QB... at a mere $25mm/yr. or 20% of his gross...

That's some serious cheese...

DOESN'T BREES UNDERSTAND THAT $5 MILL WOULD CHANGE HIS FAMILIES FUTURE FOREVER? 😁

• Haha 1