THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns interested in Right Guard

darren15

interested? who wants to sign a guy that's 30, and after 1 year in, at 1.4M that his home team is releasing not* to pay almost 4.5M the next 2 seasons? run! as fast as you can to the 6th or 7th round of draft

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

interested? who wants to sign a guy that's 30, and after 1 year in, at 1.4M that his home team is releasing not* to pay almost 4.5M the next 2 seasons? run! as fast as you can to the 6th or 7th round of draft

We got Forbes last year. Or move that overpaid RT from Pittsburgh inside for a year.

But I thought Forbes looked good.

Z

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Zombo said:

We got Forbes last year. Or move that overpaid RT from Pittsburgh inside for a year.

Z

Hubbard? Lamm?  Teller?   McCray?  We also have guys named Malcom Pridgeon and Colby Gosset. 

Fate of all these guys? 

The title of this thread reminds me of an old billboard the Philadelphia Phillies had at their old ballpark... It was a Lifebuoy Soap billboard, and it said "The Phillies Use Lifebuoy" and someone graffiti-style wrote under it: "And they still stink!" 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

The title of this thread reminds me of an old billboard the Philadelphia Phillies had at their old ballpark... It was a Lifebuoy Soap billboard, and it said "The Phillies Use Lifebuoy" and someone graffiti-style wrote under it: "And they still stink!" 

fc04a191d9505447658542fbce499e06.jpg

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Zombo said:

Or move that overpaid RT from Pittsburgh inside for a year.

Z

Yeah, but i can't remember at anytime in Hubbard's career that he scaled over 300lbs to anchor anyone in run nor pass pro..always see him around 296.. Forbes should stick cause his tape has looks that he can move in the ZBS at 310...but, Forbes still has the baby face look of a Austin Corbett 😇... so maybe put some ugly angry facial hair on that mug and grunt himself into some no-neck shoulders this off season..

I fear we keep drafting college LT's that can't wipe their butt's with their off feet nor hand when stuck to the right side of the OL (and that ain't easy folks). Joel Bitonio slipped one spot over from his college position..And that Worked out Pro Bowl well...maybe it's time to find a high school RG/RT that played 3-4 years of college ball on the right side...Just my old school Bob Wiley'ish football opinion..(hutt,hut 🙃)   

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Yeah, but i can't remember at anytime in Hubbard's career that he scaled over 300lbs to anchor anyone in run nor pass pro..always see him around 296.. Forbes should stick cause his tape has looks that he can move in the ZBS at 310...but, Forbes still has the baby face look of a Austin Corbett 😇... so maybe put some ugly angry facial hair on that mug and grunt himself into some no-neck shoulders this off season..

I fear we keep drafting college LT's that can't wipe their butt's with their off feet nor hand when stuck to the right side of the OL (and that ain't easy folks). Joel Bitonio slipped one spot over from his college position..And that Worked out Pro Bowl well...maybe it's time to find a high school RG/RT that played 3-4 years of college ball on the right side...Just my old school Bob Wiley'ish football opinion..(hutt,hut 🙃)   

Well, again, I ask....who you got?

This sounds almost like you do not think Conklin should be out RT....that he should take a left turn.  

12 hours ago, Zombo said:

Z

I'm interested to see how Forbes fits in with this scheme and the crew being assembled..

Minority here, but pretty willing to defer to Stef on this one since he knows the player.

He's disciplined player (3rd fewest RG penalties in 2019) who knows Stef's Offense. Allowed only 2 sacks in 2019. Overall PFF grade of 616... not great, but better than what we have.

Signed away to MN from NE where he had learned under Dante "The Great" Scarnecchia. May have suffered from that separation, but would work under Callahan here so...

16 hours ago, gumby73 said:

... his home team is releasing...

Not that it's a factor, but Browns are his likely "home team".

Graduate of Mason HS in Mason, Ohio and "If you can't go to college, go to Kent" State University.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Minority here, but pretty willing to defer to Stef on this one since he knows the player.

He's disciplined player (3rd fewest RG penalties in 2019) who knows Stef's Offense. Allowed only 2 sacks in 2019. Overall PFF grade of 616... not great, but better than what we have.

Signed away to MN from NE where he had learned under Dante "The Great" Scarnecchia. May have suffered from that separation, but would work under Callahan here so...

Not that it's a factor, but Browns are his likely "home team".

Graduate of Mason HS in Mason, Ohio and "If you can't go to college, go to Kent" State University.

Mason is a suburb of Cincy...so Cincy would be more logical as his home team.