THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns exploring a trade for Vikings safety Anthony Harris; source says it will take at least a 3rd, probably a 2nd

Tour2ma

Browns exploring a trade for Vikings safety Anthony Harris; source says it will take at least a 3rd, probably a 2nd

Updated 10:44 PM; Today 6:25 PM

CLEVELAND, Ohio — The Browns are exploring a trade for Vikings safety Anthony Harris, a source told cleveland.com on Tuesday.

But another source close to the situation says it will take at least a third-round pick to land him and probably a second, which is likely more than the Browns want to give up. They’d also have to sign him to a blockbuster deal, and the pricetag is likely too high.

In a somewhat surprising move, the Vikings franchised Harris on Monday just before the deadline at the 2020 amount of $11.44 million, but did so with the thought of possibly trading him, a source told cleveland.com.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/03/browns-could-explore-a-trade-for-vikings-safety-anthony-harris-source-says-it-will-take-at-least-a-3rd-probably-a-2nd.html

I believe I had a piece of the last part...  but major kudos to Bigelow80 for posts in the "Murray-Burris gone" thread.

Hello Vikings....

I'm quite fond of my 2nd round pick worth 161 points.

May I interest you in my 118-point 3rd* plus my 46-point 6th?

You can keep the change... :)

Let me know,

Tour

========================================================

* the first of our two 3rd-round picks.

Does Mary ever put her name on anything? or just blames this poor guy named Source😂..if anybody knows a A.Harris trade worth? It's Zimmer... and The Bills just got butt plugged for S.Diggs who had to go/Zim..  But It would not surprise me if OBJ for Harris was in trade talks to replace Diggs? (and i'd pass) Clearly Woods, (in his tape review) was not happy overpaying for our 2 starting LB'ers nor our DB Center fielders...Sure it could be Harris, but the Vikings price will now jump to a 1st round pick by the end of today. And they won't care who's paying him. I also heard Harris on a radio show interview last week (before tagged) say 'that he prefers to stay with Zimmer.' converts to me... that he will play on tag...No Doubt, Harris is a great young player that will come with a 14M per price tag (undrafted)...but at least he's proved that on gamedays

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, darren15 said:

Trading for Harris and pairing him with Joseph will look mean as hell on paper ....

Yup...

And puts us in position to draft a Safety Day 2 to back up one or both and then replace Joseph in 2021.