THE BROWNS BOARD

Meet our new FB...

Tour2ma

Janovich is currently on a three-year deal with an opt out after 2020. Otherwise, he's under contract potentially through the 2022 season. The contract is tiny, only worth about $1.5 million per season. Compare that to the deal Derek Watt reportedly agreed to with the Pittsburgh Steelers for three years, averaging $3.375 million per season according to Jeremy Fowler of ESPN.

Janovich is a solid fullback at 6'1" 238 pounds in terms of blocking. He can also occasionally chip in as a pass catcher and runner. In his four seasons in the NFL, the former Nebraska Cornhusker has caught 22 passes on 28 targets for for 233 yards, 12 first downs and a touchdown, rushing for another 51 yards on 13 carries with three touchdowns and eight first downs. He only played in seven games in 2019 due to a dislocated elbow that ended his season.

The Browns had previously signed Johnny Stanton as a fullback, who was on the Minnesota Vikings and they may still look at possible fullbacks after the draft this year, but Janovich, who will be 27 years old this season, should be their guy.

Combined with the addition of Austin Hooper at tight end, already having David Njoku and now adding Janovich, the Browns have quickly established themselves in position to run the offense Stefanski had last season with the Vikings and has been preaching since he took the job as the head coach for the Browns.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Unsympathetic said:

Someone needs to roll up a newspaper and smack Berry's nose after this signing.   "No."

Why?

1 hour ago, Unsympathetic said:

Someone needs to roll up a newspaper and smack Berry's nose after this signing.   

"No."

I disagree. I liked how he played at NU and I trust our HC to know what he is doing far more than our former HC now at Denver who doesn't. It was a cheap signing/trade. And if we are using the FB far more than we ever have in this scheme, then you need to have two, not just one. Why? Because if one goes down you have just lost a key player in the I as Tour provided info on above. That breaks your offensive team with one bad injury. It's a good move and you can bet it was not just Berry making that decision. Those days are gone thank goodness.

Not only is he a true fullback, but he is mostly known for his special teams work. That doesn't go unnoticed and when you have an opportunity to get a guy for a 7th round pick next year who can help fill multiple positions of need, you do it. The Vikings player is a developmental player. You need bodies to fill your PS and depth.

• Upvote 3

the key is to upgrade ...dramatically - the agility and quickness of the tackles and ROG? I kept watching that Maryland I video thinking the Browns offensive line would have trouble making it work up front last year, except for Bitonio and Tretter.

On 3/18/2020 at 1:56 AM, Unsympathetic said:

Someone needs to roll up a newspaper and smack Berry's nose after this signing.   

"No."

why you have something against fb competition ?