THE BROWNS BOARD

Just got put under quarantine

jbluhm86

16 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

oh, Jblu - it's tragic that would happen. Remember Jerry Sherk and his close call with staph? I think it was Sherk...and was just a cut on his leg.

Remember the mid-2000's when Browns had a rash of them... Jurevicius... Winslow, Jr... are two names that come to mind. And someone sued the Browns over their infection...

10 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

You would expect medical personnel to do it, but many don't, maybe because of the amount of patients they see.

With hand sanitizer everywhere now there's no excuse. Picking a hospital based on its infection rate is as important as selecting a Doctor.

10 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I wash my hands when I leave the bathroom but honestly I usually open the door with my bare hands, probably more chance of germs on the door than on our dicks.

Lately I've been using my shirt sleeve or a paper towel. C'est la vie.

Probably? Well... you are a musician so...

As a fellow hand-washing man, I know we are in the minority... and not by a little. Percentage of men who wash heir hands is under 20% in the studies I've seen.

For years I've used paper towel, if available... if not, I hook a pinky.

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Damn, JB... great news followed by unimaginably bad news.

The latter did not have to be.

Hope you know a goof lawyer. Shouldn't be your 1st, 2nd or 3rd thought, but also should not be out of your thoughts.

That is the icing on the proverbial cake. We've already talked to numerous lawyers, and they've all said pretty much the same thing:

If this had happened to my mother in Indiana, Kentucky, or almost any other state, we would have a case. However, we do not have a case in Ohio. Due to medical malpractice reforms that John Kasich signed into law before he left office, in order to successfully sue someone for malpractice in Ohio, a lawyer must prove that the surgeon intentionally intended harm. It's utterly ridiculous. So, in Ohio, my parents have no case.

3 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

That is the icing on the proverbial cake. We've already talked to numerous lawyers, and they've all said pretty much the same thing:

If this had happened to my mother in Indiana, Kentucky, or almost any other state, we would have a case. However, we do not have a case in Ohio. Due to medical malpractice reforms that John Kasich signed into law before he left office, in order to successfully sue someone for malpractice in Ohio, a lawyer must prove that the surgeon intentionally intended harm. It's utterly ridiculous. So, in Ohio, my parents have no case.

OMG. Kasich did THAT? Sick. I wonder if there are grounds (according to Ohio law) for suing to not be charged to do the subsequent surgery.

I lost all respect for kasich, and now I have less. Negative respect ? Less than zero?

10 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Remember the mid-2000's when Browns had a rash of them... Jurevicius... Winslow, Jr... are two names that come to mind. And someone sued the Browns over their infection...

With hand sanitizer everywhere now there's no excuse. Picking a hospital based on its infection rate is as important as selecting a Doctor.

Hardly everywhere. You can't buy the stuff anywhere these days. So let's say you wipe off when you enter the store and when you leave how many items do you pick up and put back and forget not to scratch your forehead?

Ahh back in the 70s and 80s and 90s

As a fellow hand-washing man, I know we are in the minority... and not by a little. Percentage of men who wash heir hands is under 20% in the studies I've seen.

and lift the toilet seat if need be with the foot.

😎

WSS

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Percentage of men who wash heir hands is under 20% in the studies I've seen.

An Aggie and a teasip were standing in side by side urinals and the teasip (UT-Austin for the uneducated) started washing his hands when done, but when the Aggie finished he started to head out the door. The teasip says to him, "Where I went to school they taught us to wash our hands after taking a piss." The Aggie retorted, "Where I went to school they just taught us not to piss on our hands."🙄

13 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I think I might be in the minority of the minorities in that I wash my hands both before and after I use the restroom. My logic is that if the prevailing wisdom is to wash hands after using the bathroom in order to kill germs, why wouldn't I wash my hands before I pull the hammer out to take a leak?

On 3/31/2020 at 4:04 AM, Westside Steve said:

and lift the toilet seat if need be with the foot.

A guy I used to post with over in the Polk Audio Forms had a Signature which said:

"I always use an ass-gasket and float TP to prevent backsplash."