THE BROWNS BOARD

The GOAT is Leaving New England... And Going to Tampa

MLD Woody

Almost nobody stays with one city and team for their entire career even the best ones finish up somewhere else.

I thought I'd never see the day, but finally it happened. Wonder how are both Belichick and Brady do without each other. I think both of them are great, but made each other better.

People are saying Tampa? It makes sense to me. Arians got the best out of Carson Palmer before retiring. 

Thoughts? 

24 minutes ago, Nero said:

Wonder how are both Belichick and Brady do without each other.

I think they wonder the same thing.... especially Bill. I think the path to success is easier for TB12.

14 minutes ago, WarriorsRpussies said:

I wonder what record the Pats will have next year.

It'll get easier to predict once we know who the QB is.

17 minutes ago, BrownsFan4Evr said:

I don't know why, but I just have never liked the guy. Just something about him. 

Because he's a winner and you were envious that the Browns couldn't find just 1/3 his equal for even a single season.

19 minutes ago, BrownsFan4Evr said:

I think he needs to simply retire. He's fading fast as a QB, and he should quit while people still remember how good he was, not for hanging on too long.

It doesn't matter how he finishes his career. He'll always be remembered as the greatest to play the position and those that "forget" that fact, simply don't understand the game. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BrownsFan4Evr said:

I don't know why, but I just have never liked the guy. Just something about him. I think he needs to simply retire. He's fading fast as a QB, and he should quit while people still remember how good he was, not for hanging on too long.

Exactly what they said in 2015, and 2016, and 2017, and ...

He won't put a team on his shoulders but he's an elite leader and the best game manager you could hope for. Put him in the right situation and that team can reach the SB

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BrownsFan4Evr said:

I don't know why, but I just have never liked the guy. Just something about him. I think he needs to simply retire. He's fading fast as a QB, and he should quit while people still remember how good he was, not for hanging on too long.

Generally doesn't go that way like Peyton, Farve, Montana, Namath, Unitas and many others.

They probably want to get a few more big paydays as a backup or young QB trainer somewhere.  Kind of a big parting gift from the NFL......why not.

I have never "liked" him. He is a quite socially awkward guy with an enviable life (and wife), but I never got to hate him. I always rooted against him because he had already won everything when I started watching the NFL and I'm all in for underdogs. 

However, he made the unthinkable, won more than anyone and everything thanks to a great work ethic and team play (he has been paid less than other lesser QBs in order to have more cap for his teammates). And that deserves my admiration, which he has. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Nero said:

People are saying Tampa? It makes sense to me. Arians got the best out of Carson Palmer before retiring. 

Thoughts? 

Here's why I don't think Tampa.....

- From Cali, grew up there, Chargers have nice weapons. . LA 2nd largest city, major action to set up 2nd career. 

- Tom has lived in North CA, MI (college) and Boston. He may well be no fan of TB heat May-Oct. Oppressive. Insane humidity. (Sure, he'd probably like the weather Nov-April). 

- Arians' system is notorious for the QB taking a long time to get rid of the ball to go deep. (Bruce even jokes about QBs not being wussies and afraid of taking hits, as they are football placers too.) At 42, you think Tom would be into playing in a system where he has to take more shots?) 

- I don't think his jet setter wife would be happy to live in a town as "un chic" as TB. She is all about NY, London, Rome, LA and Milan. In some areas of Tampa, you will see people wearing farmer jeans (overalls) shirtless, with only one strap connected. 

Image result for overalls shirtless

Maybe LA wasn't interested. 

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/content/2020-03-17-tom-brady-will-reportedly-sign-with-tampa-bay-buccaneers/?fbclid=IwAR0pibfi2TTYmn8b3aZ-LW0-SvxkY03uSiYMKE3H6gBdNBrHUYq8LrRz3VI

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, D Bone said:

Because he's a winner and you were envious that the Browns couldn't find just 1/3 his equal for even a single season.

It doesn't matter how he finishes his career. He'll always be remembered as the greatest to play the position and those that "forget" that fact, simply don't understand the game. 

Otto Graham.   Oh, you forgot about him...or don't understand the game. 

5 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Generally doesn't go that way like Peyton, Farve, Montana, Namath, Unitas and many others.

They probably want to get a few more big paydays as a backup or young QB trainer somewhere.  Kind of a big parting gift from the NFL......why not.

Peyton won a Super Bowl,  Favre and Montana went to Conf. title games after they left their original teams.   Namath and Unitas were washed up with their original teams and never should have continued playing....or sitting on the bench.  I remember going to a Browns/Rams game years ago....because WSS insisted on going to see Namath in his twilight.   Froze our fucking asses off.  (Browns lost 9-0) And we saw Namath alright...he was wrapped up tight inside his coat the entire game and never came close to seeing the field.   I think Brady will be more like Peyton/Montana/Favre, and not like  Namath and Unitas. 

4 hours ago, Nero said:

I have never "liked" him. He is a quite socially awkward guy with an enviable life (and wife), but I never got to hate him. I always rooted against him because he had already won everything when I started watching the NFL and I'm all in for underdogs. 

However, he made the unthinkable, won more than anyone and everything thanks to a great work ethic and team play (he has been paid less than other lesser QBs in order to have more cap for his teammates). And that deserves my admiration, which he has. 

I always liked him, but I did want him to lose.  Or, at least, I wanted BB to lose. 

Otto can't move like he used to...

4 hours ago, Nero said:

He is a quite socially awkward guy with an enviable life (and wife)

Yeah.... those socially awkward guys get all the supermodels...

Bastage, the lot of them...

Weird move.  TB in TB? Probably Would be in my top 10 places that I wouldn’t expect him to go.  didn’t see him as an NFC QB

But No State Income tax.

Bruce Arians.  Okay I get that and I don’t think TB would mesh well with a green coach.  But Bruce likes to air it deep so TB will have modify his game a bit. 

6 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Weird move.  TB in TB? Probably Would be in my top 10 places that I wouldn’t expect him to go.  didn’t see him as an NFC QB

But No State Income tax.

Bruce Arians.  Okay I get that and I don’t think TB would mesh well with a green coach.  But Bruce likes to air it deep so TB will have modify his game a bit. 

betcha if dorsey just had hired ariens last year he would still have a job

• Upvote 1

fucking nfl network gushing all over tb

tampa won the sweepstakes he only had one other (maybe) offer from the chargers

man I believe tb and rivers should have just retired 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Zombo said:

Tom Brady is likeable all of the sudden.

Z

Fuc$ St. Brady ☘️... they have been blowing his messiah balls for a 12 hour TV marathon... 7mec.gif             

Yeah.... Tampa Bay feels wrong for TB12...

Bill's got a ton of low picks, but no 2nd rounder... looks like a trade down scenario.

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 23
Round 3 Pick 23
Round 3 Pick 34 (COMP)
Round 3 Pick 36 (COMP)
Round 4 Pick 19
Round 6 Pick 16
Round 6 Pick 25
Round 6 Pick 33 (COMP)
Round 6 Pick 34 (COMP)
Round 7 Pick 16
Round 7 Pick 21
Round 7 Pick 27

Shame on the Colts.. all that cap money.. a Good OL & defense, a good WR draft and you decide Rivers for a 1 year deal was a good idea..🤔. Brady would have been a few hours from his son in NY.. from the looks of Bills picks 👀 He could do no worse than a FA QB... than hope to draft Jordan Love with the late 1st... OR* wait on Wash. QB Jacob Eason or former Nick Saban's QB Jalen Hurts..the tick..tock..clock has stopped