THE BROWNS BOARD

Bottom line on the virus

17 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Great.  So I'm eating dinner and I feel something break off in my mouth, and half my fucking tooth broke off on the left side.  Probably an old filling from the good old USN.  Hurts like a bitch.

For the pain 2 extra strength 500 mg tylenols and 3 200mg ibuprofren is equal to darvocet without narcotics. Our family doctor told my wife that.

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Just for the record economy convenience Etc always trump human lives.

Sorry.

WSS

You're forgiven...?

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Great.  So I'm eating dinner and I feel something break off in my mouth, and half my fucking tooth broke off on the left side.  Probably an old filling from the good old USN.  Hurts like a bitch.

My life just a couple weeks ago.    

Tylenol with Codeine helped.

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Tie it off to a doorknob and get to swinging, Popeye. 

Good day so far.  My broken tooth pain is gone except for when I drink cold water.  I'll make an appointment with a dentist as soon as they will take me, but probably not for a few weeks.  This isn't the first broken tooth.  I have a couple in the back of my mouth on the right side.  Been a few years since I've been to the dentist and don't have dental insurance right now.

Went to BJ's this morning and lucked out and found a 36 roll package of BJ's brand shit paper.  

😁

42 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Ohio Department of Health

867 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases

Updated: 3/26/20 2:00 p.m.

And they're expecting a big spike in cases today. What's really scary DHBF is finally realizing how readily the infection can be spread.... 

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/03/26/nearly-3-dozen-who-attended-church-event-test-positive-for-coronavirus/23962285/

No wonder the "Touchdown Jesus" um, hit by lightning Church just south of here got called out big time for holding a service this past Sunday.... BTW, their new 50' statue is lighting proof supposedly. 

That John Cardillo guy is a former NY cop that transitioned into radio (according to a quick Google). In this divided political country I'm guessing he just shouts a bunch of right wing things and people tune in to have their viewpoints validated. Nothing groundbreaking. Certainly not someone who you'd take uncited medical numbers from as a fact. No sane person at least.

Ned Nikolov has his PhD in Forest Ecology. He's, unsurprisingly, a climate change denier. He was caught trying to submit climate change studies under a false name. 

Nature Medicine is legit. The study estimates the fatality rate between 0.9% and 2.1%, with their estimate at 1.4%. 

The death rate for the seasonal flu is about 0.1% according to a quick Google.

So he's just straight up wrong here. 

Not to mention COVID-19 is much more contagious

But that's what happens when you just repost random tweets you found on 4chan.

Again, don't believe anything JAFBF says

On 3/19/2020 at 10:16 PM, Westside Steve said:

unfortunately that's really hard to believe that the entire string died out after a relatively tiny number of infected humans. Sound logical to you?

Yes?

My sick older brother was in a McDonalds drive thru today which has two lanes, he went to the shorter lane and some lady in a car in the other lane started cussing him out and called him a senile old fucker.  Then he went to his apartment laundromat and two women were in fisticuffs over a dryer, the manager of the apartment had to call the cops.  Americans aren't handling a crisis too well.

• Upvote 1

On 3/19/2020 at 10:49 PM, OldBrownsFan said:

Whatever...the WHO only claimed there was no clear evidence when there was clear evidence...give me a break. The WHO has been carrying water for China. There is no other rational explanation for their actions.

When the WHO said there was no clear evidence of transmission between humans on Jan 14 there was a lot of evidence that it was.

"In fact, the Chinese government knew at that point it could be transmitted between humans and they had hundreds of cases even though they were reporting only 41 officially on Jan. 11, according to the South China Morning Post. Chinese doctors and labs had identified the virus at least by December and there are now reports that there may even have been cases in November"

So with all the lying and covering up of the virus by China the WHO wants to praise them for their response. You might buy it, not me. After this crisis is over China should be held to account. They kept this Wuhan virus secret until it was out of control.

Whatever? If I'm wasting my time with you, OBF, please let me know.

A wave off and a subject change is what I'd expect from Kal, but I thought you were better than that... that you actually had a degree of openness.

WHO is a science-based organizations. Their words have meaning. "No clear evidence" does not mean the was "no evidence". So there's that...

Chinese authorities in Wuhan Province tried to conceal the outbreak from their own national gov't. And as a result, yes, it got out of hand. But once Bejing was on it, the info flow opened wide. This included teh sharing of the first virus isolates with major Labs around the world... including our CDC.

On 3/21/2020 at 3:47 PM, OldBrownsFan said:

Thanks to President Trump Breaking Through Bureaucratic Red Tape a Game-Changing Test of Wuhan Is Approved for Use

https://www.redstate.com/streiff/2020/03/21/thanks-to-president-trump-breaking-through-bureaucratic-red-tape-a-new-test-of-wuhan-is-approved-for-use/

I'll see your "whatever" and raise you a "you've got to be kidding me?"

"Test of Wuhan" in the title doesn't make sense... and the article makes even less.

FYI chloroquine is one of dozens of drugs FDA labelled for other uses that are going thru clinical, Covid-19 trials. The drug candidates have been identified thru normal protocols and are being tested per normal procedures.

Scientists Identify 69 Drugs to Test Against the Coronavirus

Trump did proclaim chloroquine "FDA aproved for Covid" the other day in a presser... it's not... it's in a trial just like the other drugs.

As for game-changing... jury is still out, but one early trial was not promising.

The report published by the Journal of Zhejiang University in China showed that patients who got the medicine didn’t fight off the new coronavirus more often than those who did not get the medicine.

The study involved just 30 patients. Of the 15 patients given the malaria drug, 13 tested negative for the coronavirus after a week of treatment. Of the 15 patients who didn’t get hydroxychloroquine, 14 tested negative for the virus

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-25/hydroxychloroquine-no-better-than-regular-covid-19-care-in-study.

But the above is preliminary. As is another small test in India  that similarly showed no benefit.

Current US testing includes thousands of patients. The WHO is also doing a mega study.