THE BROWNS BOARD

Bottom line on the virus

A new hand sanitizer for Texas being produced by a Houston Distillery and will be distributed through Grocer HEB and Dollar General statewide. There are others throughout the country who are working with the WH on converting from whiskey to sanitizers to meet that need nationwide.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2020/03/18/houston-distillery-to-make-hand-sanitizer-to-help-bridge-supply-chain-gap-in-texas/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/fredminnick/2020/03/18/white-house-works-with-distillers-to-increase-hand-sanitizer-production/#5a70e0917fcd

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/seven-states-doing-surprisingly-little-to-curb-spread-of-coronavirus-80951877857

One would have to imagine but it won't be long before everyone in these seven states is dead. Also the states to which the kids on spring break return.

So...

If it isn't a plague of biblical proportions in those places three action we took in Ohio can officially be labeled hysterical?

On 3/18/2020 at 7:19 AM, Gorka said:

Speaking of the Dutch.

The Netherlands have always been extremely affected by influenzas.

Figures... one of the worst climates I've encountered in my travels.

Kinda like London in the Fall only colder and clammier... and I was in Amsterdam in the summer.

On 3/18/2020 at 6:51 AM, Westside Steve said:

SARS is a version of a coronavirus and nobody cares about that anymore.

Well that's because:

• The infected were easier to spot as symptoms often appeared the second day after exposure.
  • And that in general carriers had to be symptomatic to transmit the virus.
  • So SARS' carriers were really easy to identify, isolate and quarantine until the virus passed out of the infecteds' systems.

Basically it was starved out of existence and aside from a handful of cases in labs still studying the virus and researching treatments/cures it has not been seen since.

On 3/18/2020 at 1:04 PM, hoorta said:
  1. None yet Tour, well maybe being overweight now.
  2. No photo description available.
  3. Even for some of us conservatives Rush's bluster has worn mighty thin. He's a one trick right wing pony, blind to anything else. 
  1. Good... should be good then. As for the weight... I hear ya, h... Get thee to a resistance pool... when they reopen. Styrofoam weights sound easy.. and are until you get them underwater. Low impact, fun. Add some elliptical time and there ya go.
  2. (I'm getting a ot of these messages)
  3. Rush used to work for a living. I listened to him during AM drive-time when he wove Glenn Beck style arguments back in the 80's. Then somewhere along the line he learned all he had to do was rant and bluster. While Rush never went full InfoWars, performance-artist gonzo, he got out there too far for me.

On 3/18/2020 at 4:45 PM, OldBrownsFan said:

FFS Sake OBF...

I read this far and stopped with this gross misrepresentation of what was actually said..

Here’s a WHO advisory from Jan. 14 trying to tell people that it couldn’t be transmitted between humans, according to China.

Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in #Wuhan, #China. pic.twitter.com/Fnl5P877VG

— World Health Organization (WHO) (@WHO) January 14, 2020

In what world are those two statements even close to saying the same thing?

35 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Well that's because:

• The infected were easier to spot as symptoms often appeared the second day after exposure.
  •  but but but it's being pounded into everyone's head 24/7 and there are tests available now.
  • And that in general carriers had to be symptomatic to transmit the virus.
  •  does it matter as in the last sentence above we've been told ad nauseam that huge numbers of people have it and will have no symptoms. No excuse to not be tested.
  • So SARS' carriers were really easy to identify, isolate and quarantine until the virus passed out of the infecteds' systems.
  •  and we are as close as we as ever been to martial law now. Too bad some people are trying to spread it purposely or so it seems on the Florida beaches.

Basically it was starved out of existence and aside from a handful of cases in labs still studying the virus and researching treatments/cures it has not been seen since. 

unfortunately that's really hard to believe that the entire string died out after a relatively tiny number of infected humans. Sound logical to you?

WSS

On 3/18/2020 at 9:48 PM, TexasAg1969 said:

A new hand sanitizer for Texas being produced by a Houston Distillery and will be distributed through Grocer HEB and Dollar General statewide. There are others throughout the country who are working with the WH on converting from whiskey to sanitizers to meet that need nationwide.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2020/03/18/houston-distillery-to-make-hand-sanitizer-to-help-bridge-supply-chain-gap-in-texas/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/fredminnick/2020/03/18/white-house-works-with-distillers-to-increase-hand-sanitizer-production/#5a70e0917fcd

All you need is 151, add a little gel and maybe aloe, and it's all good.  :)  

5 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/seven-states-doing-surprisingly-little-to-curb-spread-of-coronavirus-80951877857

One would have to imagine but it won't be long before everyone in these seven states is dead. Also the states to which the kids on spring break return.

So...

If it isn't a plague of biblical proportions in those places three action we took in Ohio can officially be labeled hysterical?

Steve we're going to find out soon enough if this is true. I've moved from this is total bullshit opinion to sort of sitting on the fence. Is our "best in the world" medical care better than Italy's? We're about to find out. I still feel is this a free country or what? Tell people of the risks, and if they still want to hide under their beds, or give the CDC the big F-you, it's your choice. So you can hide behind some arcane law declaring a public health emergency- to shut down everything you damn well please? Yeah, very scary Brother Steve. I don't like it, not one bit. 

As I've said from way back, when you talk to a doctor about a possible course of treatment "death is always an option".  

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

FFS Sake OBF...

I read this far and stopped with this gross misrepresentation of what was actually said..

In what world are those two statements even close to saying the same thing?

Whatever...the WHO only claimed there was no clear evidence when there was clear evidence...give me a break. The WHO has been carrying water for China. There is no other rational explanation for their actions.

When the WHO said there was no clear evidence of transmission between humans on Jan 14 there was a lot of evidence that it was.

"In fact, the Chinese government knew at that point it could be transmitted between humans and they had hundreds of cases even though they were reporting only 41 officially on Jan. 11, according to the South China Morning Post. Chinese doctors and labs had identified the virus at least by December and there are now reports that there may even have been cases in November"

So with all the lying and covering up of the virus by China the WHO wants to praise them for their response. You might buy it, not me. After this crisis is over China should be held to account. They kept this Wuhan virus secret until it was out of control.

• Thanks 1

On 3/18/2020 at 9:48 PM, TexasAg1969 said:

5 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

So...

Steve we're going to find out soon enough if this is true. I've moved from this is total bullshit opinion to sort of sitting on the fence. Is our "best in the world" medical care better than Italy's? We're about to find out. I still feel is this a free country or what? Tell people of the risks, and if they still want to hide under their beds, or give the CDC the big F-you, it's your choice. So you can hide behind some arcane law declaring a public health emergency- to shut down everything you damn well please? Yeah, very scary Brother Steve. I don't like it, not one bit. 

As I've said from way back, when you talk to a doctor about a possible course of treatment "death is always an option".  

11 hours ago, hoorta said:

They don't make 151 anymore.    Only some knock off version.

Or so I've heard.

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

They don't make 151 anymore.    Only some knock off version.

Or so I've heard.

National  emergency. Divert some of  that 190 proof  stuff  that's going  into gasoline. I'd bet there's a few million gallons of it out there. :)

PS It might even be 200 proof  pure ethanol.  You have to resort to  chemical  tricks to  remove the  last 5% water left over when you  distill the  stuff. It does exist because it  has uses in DNA testing and  histology.

You know while I've been continuing to work because my job falls under life safety, it's been pretty slow. I've had time to do this ICRA training that Cleveland Clinic requires to work in their facilities. One module was particularly interesting. It involved HAIs which used to be called Hospital Aquired Infections and in an effort to China-ize blame away from themselves are now called Healthcare associated infections. 

These are secondary infections Aquired at hospitals that account for 100,000 deaths a year. It makes me wonder the role they are playing in the coronavirus death tally. Especially in places where...they might not be that clean.

4 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Thanks to President Trump Breaking Through Bureaucratic Red Tape a Game-Changing Test of Wuhan Is Approved for Use

https://www.redstate.com/streiff/2020/03/21/thanks-to-president-trump-breaking-through-bureaucratic-red-tape-a-new-test-of-wuhan-is-approved-for-use/

the birdbrain woody will be so disappointed.