THE BROWNS BOARD

Bottom line on the virus

31 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Americans aren't handling a crisis too well.

I think I can make it to football season...

... but if there is not football season Imma kill sumthing...

On 3/22/2020 at 3:31 PM, MLD Woody said:

Looks like we were deemed essential.

Not by us... :)

On 3/22/2020 at 4:46 PM, OldBrownsFan said:

The real reason China has had no new cases.

Report: China Stopped Testing for COVID-19. That's Why There Are Zero New Cases.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/report-china-stopped-testing-for-covid-19-thats-why-there-are-zero-new-cases/

The Chinese have tested a lot. In China you cannot get on a bus without your temperature being taken. If you show any fever, Police in PPE take you home and seal you in for two weeks.

They react as if every fever is Covid now, but that is not data any org would want.

On 3/23/2020 at 11:13 PM, calfoxwc said:

I saw a blurb somewhere that it is being questioned - the possibility of the corona virus quickly mutating.

Read an article yesterday that stated Covid-19 seems to be very slow to mutate.

2 days ago - Because COVID-19 has not mutated significantly, researchers believe ... has a low “error rate,” meaning that its pace of mutation remains slow ...

2 days ago - Sars-CoV-2, the virus that causes the disease Covid-19, is similar to coronaviruses that circulate naturally in bats. It jumped into the human ...
Coronavirus mutates slowly, so vaccine could be long-lasting ...

www.businessinsider.com › new-coronavirus-mutates-slowly-vaccine-...

1 day ago - The coronavirus mutates more slowly than the flu — which means a ... of a vaccine for COVID-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus, ...
  • Upvote 1

On 3/24/2020 at 6:59 PM, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Great.  So I'm eating dinner and I feel something break off in my mouth, and half my fucking tooth broke off on the left side.  Probably an old filling from the good old USN.  Hurts like a bitch.

Same here a few months ago... fortunately tooth had been root canaled.

Able to see a Dentist yet?

29 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Whatever? If I'm wasting my time with you, OBF, please let me know.

A wave off and a subject change is what I'd expect from Kal, but I thought you were better than that... that you actually had a degree of openness.

WHO is a science-based organizations. Their words have meaning. "No clear evidence" does not mean the was "no evidence". So there's that...

Chinese authorities in Wuhan Province tried to conceal the outbreak from their own national gov't. And as a result, yes, it got out of hand. But once Bejing was on it, the info flow opened wide. This included teh sharing of the first virus isolates with major Labs around the world... including our CDC.

I'll see your "whatever" and raise you a "you've got to be kidding me?"

"Test of Wuhan" in the title doesn't make sense... and the article makes even less.

FYI chloroquine is one of dozens of drugs FDA labelled for other uses that are going thru clinical, Covid-19 trials. The drug candidates have been identified thru normal protocols and are being tested per normal procedures.

Scientists Identify 69 Drugs to Test Against the Coronavirus

Trump did proclaim chloroquine "FDA aproved for Covid" the other day in a presser... it's not... it's in a trial just like the other drugs.

As for game-changing... jury is still out, but one early trial was not promising.

But the above is preliminary. As is another small test in India  that similarly showed no benefit.

Current US testing includes thousands of patients. The WHO is also doing a mega study.

"WHO is a science-based  political corrupt organizations".

https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/06/world-health-organization-corrupt-wasteful/

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/op-eds/world-health-organization-protects-china-instead-of-coronavirus-victims

https://creativedestructionmedia.com/analysis/2020/02/26/video-the-shocking-corruption-at-the-world-health-organization/

https://thefederalist.com/2020/03/17/u-s-funds-world-health-organization-that-boot-licks-china-with-deadly-results/

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2019/jan/18/senior-world-health-organization-official-accused-of-using-ebola-cash-to-pay-for-girlfriends-flight-corruption-racism-sexism

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/281876323_Why_the_Corruption_of_the_World_Health_Organization_WHO_is_the_Biggest_Threat_to_the_World's_Public_Health_of_Our_Time

http://www.next-up.org/pdf/Politics_and_corruption_at_WHO_Dr_Pascal_Sacre.pdf

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Sorry... as I have told you before, I am not clicking on random links...

We're done here.

Understandable. Here's one I think you might find of Interest it's not necessarily partisan it's a commentary on the Federalists response to any crisis as opposed to an extremely strong central executive that would make Countrywide decisions. I think you've mentioned that idea before. I think the concept is probably accurate even though I can't imagine how anyone could rule 50 States from the White House.

WSS

10 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Same here a few months ago... fortunately tooth had been root canaled.

Able to see a Dentist yet?

No dentists open except for emergencies (infections/extreme pain) so I'll have to wait until this blows over (in about 3 months or so).😁

Well... apocalyptic predictions might not be as applicable now... because extreme measures have been taken by a significant portion of the world's governments.

4 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

No dentists open except for emergencies (infections/extreme pain) so I'll have to wait until this blows over (in about 3 months or so).😁

I was afraid of that... well... liquid med's it is!

3 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

No, no, no, sir.  You have your very own thread to spam random Twitter handles, bots and 4Chan shit.   Stick to it. 

Off you go.

Wait... you can do that?

5 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Understandable.

Here's one I think you might find of Interest it's not necessarily partisan it's a commentary on the Federalists response to any crisis as opposed to an extremely strong central executive that would make Countrywide decisions. I think you've mentioned that idea before. I think the concept is probably accurate even though I can't imagine how anyone could rule 50 States from the White House.

Thanks... but not seeing a link.

Very worthwhile topic...

16 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I think I can make it to football season...

... but if there is not football season Imma kill sumthing...

Y'all come up north Tour. Cause that just might  happen. We got plenty of nuisance geese up here that need  exterminating.  I hear they're  pretty  tasty  if cooked properly, and are good for  several days  worth of food.  :)

Here is the real bottom line as reported by Madeline Farber of Fox and others now. 

"It can happen to anyone." wife of now deceased 44 y.o. Texas father of 6 in excellent health.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/it-can-kill-anyone-perfectly-healthy-texas-father-of-six-44-dies-from-coronavirus-just-two-days-after-he-tested-positive/ar-BB11MQIg?li=BBnb7Kz

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Well... apocalyptic predictions might not be as applicable now... because extreme measures have been taken by a significant portion of the world's governments.

I was afraid of that... well... liquid med's it is!

Wait... you can do that?

Oh, no.  I would be absolutely drunk with power.

Things would get....silly.

12 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

All the links were driving home the point the WHO has a huge reputation for being both corrupt and political and not enough as a science agency.

as in the entire U.N.

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

Y'all come up north Tour. Cause that just might  happen. We got plenty of nuisance geese up here that need  exterminating.  I hear they're  pretty  tasty  if cooked properly, and are good for  several days  worth of food.  :)

Y'all????? Using the Y-word??? 😄😄😄😄

The word ‘y’all” is racist and should be banned

Southern hate words have no place in our diverse and inclusive society

It’s clear that this word is far too hateful to be used in everyday life. The sheer number of traumatized persons from a variety of marginalized groups is staggering. It’s 2019, and this hatred is unacceptable. The only way forward now is to ban this despicable word and simply brand it the Y-word. Anyone caught uttering this monstrosity should be locked up, heavily fined, or re-educated.

https://npcdaily.com/4359/the-word-yall-is-racist-and-should-be-banned/

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

It’s clear that this word is far too hateful to be used in everyday life. The sheer number of traumatized persons from a variety of marginalized groups is staggering. It’s 2019, and this hatred is unacceptable. The only way forward now is to ban this despicable word and simply brand it the Y-word. Anyone caught uttering this monstrosity should be locked up, heavily fined, or re-educated.

I'll give OBF the benefit of the doubt here. I think he knows what he was doing.

I would bet money that Cal does not, as indicated by his reaction to this post

If you see anyone wearing a mask this way.... slap them and tell them not to waste masks.

The top strap  goes high on the back of the head to be sure the mask stays tight to the chin. This is universal for all respirators.

Plus the seal around the sides of the bridge of the nose looks suspect, but I'm not familiar with that model and the foam rubber may fill the gap. Most models have a metal strip you pinch for a tight fit.

image.png.3f22e7ec49082de2ba8cf1e86be0ed4d.png

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I'll give OBF the benefit of the doubt here. I think he knows what he was doing.

I would bet money that Cal does not, as indicated by his reaction to this post

make your bet twenty bucks, and send it to OBJ. You're wrong. lol I laughed at it, quickly picked the wrong "attaboy" - meant to pick the laughing one, and hit the mouse too quickly. Tried to fix it, and ran out of "attaboys" again. Here, I'll fix it -

16 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Ohio Department of Health

1406 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases

Updated: 3/28/20 2:00 p.m.

Cuyahoga County

Confirmed Coronavirus Cases: 370

Franklin County

Confirmed Coronavirus Cases: 222

Miami County

Confirmed Coronavirus Cases: 38

Summit County

Confirmed Coronavirus Cases: 79