Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Westside Steve

Bottom line on the virus

Recommended Posts

Here's why I think the Panic is unwarranted.

We are now approaching the end of the cold and flu season and unlike the rest of the world who have had more cases than the United States we are now coming into a time when these annual viruses naturally secede. It will disappear soon regardless of any measures any politician makes. In the offseason researchers will be able to work on it vaccine for this particular strain. If I'm wrong then the 36 states so far who have not placed themselves on lockdown will see massive increases in sickness and death wow Ohio and the other 13 states will not. It really is as simple as that.

Without consulting anyone how many of you guys think that the measures the governor has taken are appropriate and helpful?

WSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Here's why I think the Panic is unwarranted.

We are now approaching the end of the cold and flu season and unlike the rest of the world who have had more cases than the United States we are now coming into a time when these annual viruses naturally secede. It will disappear soon regardless of any measures any politician makes. In the offseason researchers will be able to work on it vaccine for this particular strain. If I'm wrong then the 36 states so far who have not placed themselves on lockdown will see massive increases in sickness and death wow Ohio and the other 13 states will not. It really is as simple as that.

Without consulting anyone how many of you guys think that the measures the governor has taken are appropriate and helpful?

WSS

Apparently you have not been paying attention to the experts. There is no evidence yet that this virus will disappear with warm weather. Even the dummy has been listening to his experts when he said yesterday it may be July or even Aug. before it starts to recede some. It is not a typical flu in that we still don't have a vaccination for it that helps make it recede like other types of flu. Texas is finally catching on. All school in our area started spring break yesterday and that was just extended at least two more weeks with instructions to start developing teaching by computer. They also suspended testing to advance to next higher grades for this year in case they have to suspend schools even longer, which I think will be the case as does my teacher son. Unfortunately he teaches in an underprivileged school where most kids have no home computers or internet service. They may just pass them on to the next grade if schools do not reconvene. That is all to be decided.

EDIT: The virus has extended southward from China into equatorial countries who don't have winters. So there's that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Here's why I think the Panic is unwarranted.

We are now approaching the end of the cold and flu season and unlike the rest of the world who have had more cases than the United States we are now coming into a time when these annual viruses naturally secede. It will disappear soon regardless of any measures any politician makes. In the offseason researchers will be able to work on it vaccine for this particular strain. If I'm wrong then the 36 states so far who have not placed themselves on lockdown will see massive increases in sickness and death wow Ohio and the other 13 states will not. It really is as simple as that.

Without consulting anyone how many of you guys think that the measures the governor has taken are appropriate and helpful?

WSS

 I posted this video on another thead and I am reposting it here as I think it is one of the most reasonable I have seen on the coronavirus.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Apparently you have not been paying attention to the experts. There is no evidence yet that this virus will disappear with warm weather. Even the dummy has been listening to his experts when he said yesterday it may be July or even Aug. before it starts to recede some. It is not a typical flu in that we still don't have a vaccination for it that helps make it recede like other types of flu. Texas is finally catching on. All school in our area started spring break yesterday and that was just extended at least two more weeks with instructions to start developing teaching by computer. They also suspended testing to advance to next higher grades for this year in case they have to suspend schools even longer, which I think will be the case as does my teacher son. Unfortunately he teaches in an underprivileged school where most kids have no home computers or internet service. They may just pass them on to the next grade if schools do not reconvene. That is all to be decided.

EDIT: The virus has extended southward from China into equatorial countries who don't have winters. So there's that.

Well it will take less time than it takes to figure out if a first round draft pick is a star. Stay tuned in the meantime if you are worried stay in the house.

WSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PS you can find experts by the score ready to tell you whatever you want to hear and all of them want to be on television.

WSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An unlikely beneficiary: The planet

 

The lockdown in China’s Hubei province, which began in late January, has had an unintended benefit: blue skies. Pollution levels have plummeted and the average number of "good quality air days" increased 21.5% in February compared to the same period last year, according to China's Ministry of Ecology and Environment, Rebecca Wright reports.
 

And Hubei wasn't alone. Take Venice, one of Italy's biggest tourist attractions, which has long grappled with overtourism. Since Italy’s nationwide lockdown went into effect, locals there have noticed that the water in the city's canals has become much clearer, revealing schools of fish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Colds and flus don't really recede in the summer. People are simply more spread out. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Here's a bit of a laugh for you. Just to distract from the monotony of societal breakdown

 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1405269462988713&id=744588889056777

LOL! I need to get a larger brush.😂

BTW the WSJ has an article out about the coronavirus war between the generations. It seems in Italy no one 29 and under who got infected by it died, mostly those 50 and up exponentially. So the young are starting to say screw all the old people, let's go socialize. 😱

Now there's something all older voters can worry about instead of which party should get elected.😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

LOL! I need to get a larger brush.😂

BTW the WSJ has an article out about the coronavirus war between the generations. It seems in Italy no one 29 and under who got infected by it died, mostly those 50 and up exponentially. So the young are starting to say screw all the old people, let's go socialize. 😱

Now there's something all older voters can worry about instead of which party should get elected.😁

Time to put the 29 and under in camps so they can't spread it.  

 

89684079_23844383723320654_5259307463928184832_n.png.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=67cdda&_nc_ohc=BVLmGhZYyQQAX-BJLq0&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=f99752d7ec940ba1797ee6c2086dcd03&oe=5E9831D9

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Time to put the 29 and under in camps so they can't spread it. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

67 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases

Source: Ohio Dept. Of Health

Updated: 3/17/20 2:08 p.m.

 

Cuyahoga

Confirmed Coronavirus Cases: 31

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Here's why I think the Panic is unwarranted.

We are now approaching the end of the cold and flu season and unlike the rest of the world who have had more cases than the United States we are now coming into a time when these annual viruses naturally secede. It will disappear soon regardless of any measures any politician makes. In the offseason researchers will be able to work on it vaccine for this particular strain. If I'm wrong then the 36 states so far who have not placed themselves on lockdown will see massive increases in sickness and death wow Ohio and the other 13 states will not. It really is as simple as that.

Without consulting anyone how many of you guys think that the measures the governor has taken are 1) appropriate and 2) helpful?

WSS

To totally disrupt everything because the CDC says so? 1) no, 2) maybe. That video posted by OBF says a lot. We're doing something that's never been tried before on a national scale, and those harping this draconian tack will "flatten the curve" have no clue if it will actually work. They're just hoping it does. Looks like the fatality rate is at around 4% for diagnosed cases- but that's hardly taking into account the ????? number of cases that were\are totally asymptomatic or minimal.  That we currently don't know about. 

Yup, this is a free country- and looks like there's a sizable segment of the population that isn't buying what the CDC is selling, and are only going to be willing to put up with this crap for a short time. I'm shocked Cal isn't already up in arms that Dr. Amy stopped the primary election here in Ohio. As one of the responders to her tweet said- you just took away our right to vote. We'll do it in June instead? Well, what if this corona plague is far worse then? HUH?? 

 

5 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

And that's the bottom line, because Stone Cold Westside Steve says so.

There apparently is a growing number of medical professionals questioning if this is indeed the right tack to take.  Because it's becoming more and more apparent by the day- the risk to young and healthy individuals is minimal. OTOH

DeSantis (Florida Govenor) also announced an additional death of a 77-year-old man in Broward county, who had underlying health problems and was living at an assisted living facility. 

There's where the deaths are going to come from tia-  so let's shut everything down, by all means. Isolate the "at risk" individuals instead. BTW, I'm one of them, and I ain't scared of no virus. 

I'll also say this much from my 25 years of working in an inner city hospital. We're going to run out of respirators? Okay....  What level of treatment are we going to give folks like the guy above? It's a serious ethical question. Everyone has a right to the level of care they want to receive, including "heroic measures" if that's what they want.  But from my POV, everyone who's in crappy health anyway, and is 85 or 90 years old- putting those folks on respirators qualifies as heroic measures in my book. I would hope they would feel as I do, I've lived long enough- and using drastic measures to give me maybe another year or two of low quality of life just isn't worth it.  (I know for sure my 90 year old Mom feels the same way)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Vambo said:

More than half of coronavirus patients globally have recovered

March 4, 2020 | 2:51pm | Updated

 

https://nypost.com/2020/03/04/more-than-half-of-coronavirus-patients-globally-have-recovered/

That's from March 4, 2020.  And more than half isn't that great of a statistic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

That's from March 4, 2020.  And more than half isn't that great of a statistic.

OK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was catching the news and happened to see one of the drive thru testing centers had "Cleveland Clinic" written on it. So is that yours?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I was catching the news and happened to see one of the drive thru testing centers had "Cleveland Clinic" written on it. So is that yours?

Yes.  You have to have had a screening by a Doctor and an appointment to get it.  You can get it thru online screening where you go via a skype type app, asked questions and the doctor decides whether or not you need a screening.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hoorta said:

I'm shocked Cal isn't already up in arms that Dr. Amy stopped the primary election here in Ohio.

why on earth would I  be up in arms over that?

A. The election is pointless - the dem socialist criminal sombeitches won't win - not even close...

B. It makes sense to not have that election - so many people won't show up because of the risk.

C. As I showed - the Dutch death rate from corona virus is twice as here - they are letting it proliferate - thinking they will just flatten it out sooner - and be immune...something like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I was catching the news and happened to see one of the drive thru testing centers had "Cleveland Clinic" written on it. So is that yours?

Also here in Dayton Ag. A drive-thru is being set up in the University of Dayton Arena parking lot. You do need a note from a doctor that you need to bee screened. But I suspect there's going to be a banner industry creating fake physician letterheads. They'll never have the time to follow up to see if they're legit.  :)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this partisan garbage can of lies by the left is sickening.

Real America deserves far, far better.

Here is Tex's "king liar" ...

Joe Biden

https://www.theblaze.com/news/politifact-slaps-biden-with-mostly-false-rating-for-claiming-that-the-us-refused-who-coronavirus-tests

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recovered Washington state coronavirus patient describes early symptoms

https://www.foxnews.com/media/coronavirus-elizabeth-schneider-describes-early-symptoms

Schneider said she believes she became infected at a house party on Feb. 22, but didn't get a positive diagnosis until about two weeks later.

CORONAVIRUS: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW

"Three days later [after the party], I felt sick and I basically had all of the symptoms of the flu. I didn't have a cough, I didn't have any respiratory distress, tightness in my chest or shortness of breath. So, I actually thought I had contracted the flu," she told Cavuto.

Schneider said she noticed that other people who attended the party started posting on Facebook that they were also experiencing flu-like symptoms.

"It wasn't until a few days later, I was scrolling through Facebook, and I saw a post of someone who was at the party and she posted that she was feeling sick, same symptoms as me," she said. "Several people commented who were also at the party, and they also had the same, similar symptoms. And they also fell sick on the exact same day, on a Tuesday [Feb. 25] -- three days after the party."

CLICK HERE FOR COMPLETE CORONAVIRUS COVERAGE

Some of Schneider's friends tested negative for the flu, but weren't tested for the coronavirus.

"All of these people, including myself, were a little suspicious of what we had so we ended up finding out there was a research study going on in Seattle called the Seattle Flu Study, and they had started testing for the coronavirus just a few weeks prior to us falling sick," she said.

Schneider and the other party attendees signed up as volunteers and obtained at-home nasal test swab kits that resulted in positive diagnoses.

"It had already been 11 days after the onset of symptoms and three or four days after my fever had subsided," she said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×