THE BROWNS BOARD

Both Murray and Burris gone

The Gipper

lol... says the guy typing over the post he quoted...

image.thumb.png.447ccb4c84d2006c4629737f23e82645.png

No way... I'm having too much fun at your expense.

And you make it so easy...

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

lol... says the guy typing over the post he quoted...

image.thumb.png.447ccb4c84d2006c4629737f23e82645.png

No way... I'm having too much fun at your expense.

And you make it so easy...

Not at my expense. 

I am the one having fun....coming up with creative ways to  light you on fire.  Namaste, Umbassday.  Preening Prima Donna.  Tympanic Cavity. 

Your replies are as scintilating  as Ben Stein in Ferris Beuhler.   Gipper, Gipper, Gipper. 

1 hour ago, jrb12711 said:

I am worried about safety depth, admittedly. Redwine looked awful last year and Randall was on and off the field with injury. Our biggest need clearly is LB help, but safety has to be high on the list now too.

It's a pretty good draft for Safeties.

On 3/17/2020 at 10:27 AM, The Gipper said:

One?  We need like 3.   In addition to that  LT...and those few LBs we need. 

Do you expect a 5th/6th/7th rounder to start? 

No but we need to address the situation before it even comes. Browns seem like they don't like to draft a safety. Perfect opportunity this year though. That safety out of Alabama seems legit. Time for a boring draft.

24 minutes ago, One Post said:

No but we need to address the situation before it even comes. Browns seem like they don't like to draft a safety. Perfect opportunity this year though. That safety out of Alabama seems legit. Time for a boring draft.

Well...to be fair,  Andrew Berry is a new GM,  and while he was here before, he was an underling.  So we don't know if the Browns "don't like to draft a safety".   I think they will try to draft the best players they can get....and yes, clearly Berry is making moves for need.    Conklin,  Keenum, Hooper. 

I would expect him to address the situation.   Though he can't really address it before it comes, as that engine rolled into the station last week or so.   Its here. 

• Like 1

Gumby just posted this:

Link coming.. Browns sign former Raider S Karl Joseph to a 1 year deal...177 snaps in box//53 snaps in slot///315 snaps at FS..

(per CBS, considered the #96 best FA this year...overall

Joseph only 26 years old,  coming off foot surgery. 

Folks please keep this in mind...Burnett & Kirksey were both released by Browns with a failed physical transaction...These deals won't become final till the new team Doctor passes them Ok to physical play...I'd say Joseph would fall under the Browns doc's hands on accepting this deal...If a new team fails player physical also? The contract,cap & player returns to original Team..    

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Eric Reid now apparently is on the market as a Safety, cut loose by  Charlotte.  Just still 28 years old. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/panthers-release-eric-reid-1-contract-extension-191514012--nfl.html

Takers? 

Interesting that they picked up our released S Juston Burris.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Interesting that they picked up our released S Juston Burris.

Juston Burris played his college ball at NC State...good to see him go home..i can now get Burris local tv updates from the screams of my panther fan wife 🙉..and Eric Reid is the biggest Kaperslick fan most won't want in their room... he can play though

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Juston Burris played his college ball at NC State...good to see him go home..i can now get Burris local tv updates from the screams of my panther fan wife 🙉..and Eric Reid is the biggest Kaperslick fan most won't want in their room... he can play though

Who gives a shit about that BS.  The only quetion is can he play?

2 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

Yeah, given the recent signings I wouldn't put that as "1st round need" over LB but I'd be fine looking at 2nd round if it makes sense.

Bring this guy home maybe....or at least bring him to his Dad's home,   (Akron Garfield product his dad was)

1. Minnesota_logo.gif Antoine Winfield, S, Minnesota 
    Height: 5-9. Weight: 203. Arm: 30.13. Hand: 9.5. 
    40 Time: 4.45. 
    Projected Round (2020): 2-4. 

3/14/20: Winfield was a ballhawk for the Gophers in 2019, totaling seven interceptions while also contributing 85 tackles, three sacks and a pass broken up. He showed some solid instincts with a knack for big plays, but he has some size and length limitations for the NFL. Winfield helped himself with a fast 40 at the combine.

Reid can play for sure... he's done some of his best work at FS, but has shown he can play SS as well, so have to like that versatility given the fragility of our new SS.

Thing that caught my eye in the article was Bruce Irvin's decision to rejoin Seattle.... seems some of the recent D-side drain there is reversing.

Winfield's "fast 40" was 4.45... while he is DraftScout's top FS, I like their #3 ranked FS...

Cal's Aston Davis who has posted a 4.28... albeit being a handtime. Plus with Davis I get a 6'1 FS instead of a 5'09. Winfield's body type screams SS to me.

tia? Any thoughts here?

On 3/17/2020 at 10:27 AM, The Gipper said:

One?  We need like 3.   In addition to that  LT...and those few LBs we need. 

Do you expect a 5th/6th/7th rounder to start? 

On 3/18/2020 at 3:26 PM, jrb12711 said:

I am worried about safety depth, admittedly. Redwine looked awful last year and Randall was on and off the field with injury. Our biggest need clearly is LB help, but safety has to be high on the list now too.

I had a buzz but it's gone.