THE BROWNS BOARD

Berry Bashers?..GO TO HELL!!

Canton Mike

Andrew Berry has had one HELL of a day!!! Kudos to him & his staff........Hooper, Conklin & Keenum...WOW!!!

I know the acquisitions aren't official until Wednesday, but the "bashers" look like shit after all their 1-31 BS.

As many of us have said, Berry came into a totally different circumstance now than before & we had no idea what might happen, but today should show you that judging him on the past was wrong. He has certainly been aggressive in free agency.

Mike

• Upvote 8

It's a great 1st day....but there is a LOT of work to do and a draft that still needs to happen.....

Today we added depth to QB....upgraded one position we were"ok" at ......and filled one true hole at RG.....

But we have gaping holes at safety and LB.....So, I will reserve judgement until I see how he fills the most recent holes he created with cuts, as well as seeing how we do in the upcoming draft.......LOTS of picks and deals yet to be completed....

Im optimistic he will be aggressive(as he said he would).....So day 1 gets an A.....

5 minutes ago, Mudfly said:

It's a great 1st day....but there is a LOT of work to do and a draft that still needs to happen.....

Today we added depth to QB....upgraded one position we were"ok" at ......and filled one true hole at RG.....

But we have gaping holes at safety and LB.....So, I will reserve judgement until I see how he fills the most recent holes he created with cuts, as well as seeing how we do in the upcoming draft.......LOTS of picks and deals yet to be completed....

Im optimistic he will be aggressive(as he said he would).....So day 1 gets an A.....

and more than likely a edge rusher vernon is due 15 mill this year and I would guess his days here are numbered

35 minutes ago, Mudfly said:

RG? ;)

Damn... you've gotten even onrier during your absence.

1 hour ago, Mudfly said:

Right Tackle you mean, which was the bigger hole, I believe.    In theory, yes, we may still have 2 holes on the OL:     LT, RG.

And we need 2 LBs, 

and maybe 2 DBs,  safteties.

Did I here that Morgan Burnett was out of here? 

3 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

Andrew Berry has had one HELL of a day!!! Kudos to him & his staff........Hooper, Conklin & Keenum...WOW!!!

I know the acquisitions aren't official until Wednesday, but the "bashers" look like shit after all their 1-31 BS.

As many of us have said, Berry came into a totally different circumstance now than before & we had no idea what might happen, but today should show you that judging him on the past was wrong. He has certainly been aggressive in free agency.

Mike

Conklin and Hooper are coming off great years too and they aren’t long long term deals that cripple cap room either for years.  

Keenum is nice backup that is a luxury for a team with our cap space and again a non crippling long term cap move too.

great signings IMO.

defense needs a TON of work though 

• Thanks 1

In all fairness the only good move was Conklin. We over paid for Hooper and Keenum is a 6 million dollar backup. I dont hate any of these pickups but I wouldn't say hes killing it. 

We have alot of holes to fill on defense and it seems that money would have been better spent on that side of the ball

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Conklin and Hooper are coming off great years too and they aren’t long long term deals that cripple cap room either for years.  

Keenum is nice backup that is a luxury for a team with our cap space and again a non crippling long term cap move too.

great signings IMO.

defense needs a TON of work though 

Agreed on all counts & I trust the effort made will continue. There is still much to be done, but Berry & staff earned a LOT of credibility today.

Mike

15 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

In all fairness the only good move was Conklin. We over paid for Hooper and Keenum is a 6 million dollar backup. I dont hate any of these pickups but I wouldn't say hes killing it. 

We have alot of holes to fill on defense and it seems that money would have been better spent on that side of the ball

It has only been since noon. Hold on to your butt. 

But yes, some gaping holes still to spackle. 

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

We've Cleveland... we have to overpay...

Man, maybe this could go on the left side of the helmet while your other one goes on the right? 

8 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

RG? ;)

Damn... you've gotten even onrier during your absence.

Actually we did fix RG.  With Conklin at RT, we can move Hubbard to RG which he played well when with Pittsburgh.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Apparently Berry aint done spending and plans to address the D over the next day or 2 ......

When I see what deals other TE's and OT got we did well for Conklin and Hooper

11 hours ago, WarriorsRpussies said:

Nerds came though today. Makes me a lot less worried about the draft. This will probably piss off the old fucks that flunked math that gather on this board.

Well you got 1 out of 3. No, I did quite well on math SAT and math GRE. No, I'm quite happy with day 1 FA. Yes, I am one of the oldest MFers on this board along with Canton Mike who also appears quite happy. How was your math Mike you elated old son of a bitch?🤠🧓

• Haha 1

There's a math GRE?

8 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Actually we did fix RG.  With Conklin at RT, we can move Hubbard to RG which he played well when with Pittsburgh.

Interesting take.... all I can find is reference to one start and "some experience" at RG, but it may well suit him better.

At least he can be kept around to compete for the spot.

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Canton Mike, completely head-over-heels with whoever is currently in charge for the Browns?

Who would have seen this? 😉

I readily admit to being a lifelong optimistic Browns Fan & it beats the hell outta being a negative, whiney, pessimist!

Mike

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

I readily admit to being a lifelong optimistic Browns Fan & it beats the hell outta being a negative, whiney, pessimist!

Mike

Yeah, who needs anyone to be objective?

And nothing says "optimistic" like telling people to "go to hell".  

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Yeah, who needs anyone to be objective?

And nothing says "optimistic" like telling people to "go to hell".  

Yep! I "positively" told 'em to "go to hell" & I'm optimistic & hopeful that they will do so! :D

Mike

• Thanks 1

Crossed my mind during my typing at least three posts today, so I thought I'd better post it this time...

So far we've seen nothing, but strong indications that all the interactive, unity, collaboration stuff we heard when Berry was brought on board is coming to fruition.

Signs of input, especially from the Coaching staff, are all over the place.

Still early yet... still the off-season... still in the honeymoon phase... still a little early to tell the detractors (and they know who they are, Dutch... ;) ) where to go...

... but maybe they ought to at least start packing.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1