THE BROWNS BOARD

Ohio Closes all Restaurants and Bars. Carry Out and Delivery Only

OldBrownsFan

All restaurants and bars in Ohio will be closed starting tonight at 9 PM. Carry out and delivery only. 

• Gov. Mike DeWine announces all bars and restaurants in the state of Ohio will close Sunday at 9 p.m. indefinitely
  • Carry-out and delivery will be allowed
  • He says this will apply to dine-in options only
  • One person sick with the coronavirus is a firefighter; Dr. Amy Acton says it is possible that single illness will make the entire department inactive because of exposure
  • The state will broaden unemployment access for people who are in quarantine

https://fox8.com/news/coronavirus/governor-dewine-to-give-update-on-state-response-to-coronavirus-26-confirmed-cases/

Just got back from Outback Steakhouse and was surprised at this announcement. I hope Gov. Dewine is going off of good information. Our health dept director previously estimated we had 100,000 cases of coronavirus in Ohio but then later said that was a guesstimate.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/487534-ohio-official-was-guesstimating-statement-that-100000-people-have 

10 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Something tells me that the 100k is what they'll arrive at when we start fully rolling out test kits in the coming weeks.  

I can see what the goal is, to keep the disaster Italy is experiencing from happening here. If we have a spike in serious cases of the virus all at once our hospitals will be overwhelmed. Our local hospital already has a sign up saying not to enter the hospital if you have symptoms of the virus but to leave and contact your medical provider.

7 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I can see what the goal is, to keep the disaster Italy is experiencing from happening here. If we have a spike in serious cases of the virus all at once our hospitals will be overwhelmed. Our local hospital already has a sign up saying not to enter the hospital if you have symptoms of the virus but to leave and contact your medical provider.

Dear friend of mine lives in Westlake, his wife works for UH.  Says she's seeing an increase of people coming in through the doors already and being admitted.

Anybody remember Jaws?  "You are going to ignore this particular problem until it swims up and bites you IN THE ASS".

I'm hoping we aren't the mayor of Amity Island.   

You guys pray?        Pray.     Above all else, despite our disagreements, arguments, harsh language... stay alive.     

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Just got back from Outback Steakhouse and was surprised at this announcement. I hope Gov. Dewine is going off of good information. Our health dept director previously estimated we had 100,000 cases of coronavirus in Ohio but then later said that was a guesstimate.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/487534-ohio-official-was-guesstimating-statement-that-100000-people-have 

If you read the article, it gives you the feeling DeWine wasn't going off good information.  She is a dingbat.

Logic tells you that if there were 100000 infected there would be more than 36 confirmed cases by now.

"I am not saying there are absolutely for certain 100,000 people, I'm saying I'm guesstimating," the director, Dr. Amy Acton, said at a news conference.

From the same article a voice of reason:

Tara Smith, a professor of public health at Kent State University, said Friday she thinks Acton's number is “too high,” but said that there could be 1,000 undetected cases in Ohio right now. 

On Friday at the press conference, Acton said once there is better data, modelers would go back and see if she was right. 

"As modelers far smarter than I am put that together, we'll look back at this and we'll see where we were," she said.

More than 1,800 cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed in the U.S. as of Friday, according to The New York Times, while at least 41 people have died.

Well not only all the people that make their livings in those places including the employees that are paid by tips who will never recoup that money, but the Uber drivers that take people back and forth to liquor distributors the beer distributors the wholesale food distributors  especially my colleagues in the entertainment industry many of whom make a good portion of their yearly salary during green season. Luckily I played last night St Patrick's Day it's probably my biggest payday of the year. 

I guarantee I will donate a great deal of money to whoever runs against the grandstanding don of a bitch.

WSS

5 minutes ago, Gorka said:

If you read the article, it gives you the feeling DeWine wasn't going off good information.  She is a dingbat.

Logic tells you that if there were 100000 infected there would be more than 36 confirmed cases by now.

"I am not saying there are absolutely for certain 100,000 people, I'm saying I'm guesstimating," the director, Dr. Amy Acton, said at a news conference.

From the same article a voice of reason:

Tara Smith, a professor of public health at Kent State University, said Friday she thinks Acton's number is “too high,” but said that there could be 1,000 undetected cases in Ohio right now. 

On Friday at the press conference, Acton said once there is better data, modelers would go back and see if she was right. 

"As modelers far smarter than I am put that together, we'll look back at this and we'll see where we were," she said.

More than 1,800 cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed in the U.S. as of Friday, according to The New York Times, while at least 41 people have died.

I did see that and I have some concerns about the advice Gov Dewine may be getting from her. For her to throw out the 100,000 figure publicly as a guesstimate seems to me to be unnecessarily inducing panic (and that we don't want).  I think though we have to error on the side of caution or we might end up in a bad situation like Italy. 

I think the answer is going to be testing like South Korea has effectively been doing and I wish we could have gotten on testing sooner. As our CDC said our pandemic procedures were not set up for massive testing and we are working now as fast as we can to get up to speed.

2 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I'm no DeWine fan but I think he's doing a good job with this. Surely he's leaning on a medical crisis team for info.

Err on the side of caution. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jbluhm86 said:

On a related topic, my 60 year old folks decided that now, of all times, to want food from the local Chinese restaurant in town for Sunday dinner, so it looks like I'm getting ready to drive there to get it for them...

Wish me luck.

4uufb.gif.0b92ce4db587cb0f87cd4133dbf7b5d2.gif

8 minutes ago, ATOM said:

can you still get hummers from behind of a olive garden ?

Maybe in the drive thru lane ?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Well not only all the people that make their livings in those places including the employees that are paid by tips who will never recoup that money, but the Uber drivers that take people back and forth to liquor distributors the beer distributors the wholesale food distributors  especially my colleagues in the entertainment industry many of whom make a good portion of their yearly salary during green season. Luckily I played last night St Patrick's Day it's probably my biggest payday of the year. 

I guarantee I will donate a great deal of money to whoever runs against the grandstanding don of a bitch.

WSS

So you're a Biden fan now?

4 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

All restaurants and bars in Ohio will be closed starting tonight at 9 PM. Carry out and delivery only. 

• Gov. Mike DeWine announces all bars and restaurants in the state of Ohio will close Sunday at 9 p.m. indefinitely
  • Carry-out and delivery will be allowed
  • He says this will apply to dine-in options only
  • One person sick with the coronavirus is a firefighter; Dr. Amy Acton says it is possible that single illness will make the entire department inactive because of exposure
  • The state will broaden unemployment access for people who are in quarantine

https://fox8.com/news/coronavirus/governor-dewine-to-give-update-on-state-response-to-coronavirus-26-confirmed-cases/

Complete crap. You want a recession? Thanks Deslime. I give your a double middle finger f-you. God only knows how many restaurant workers only get paid when they show up. No vacation, no fringe benefits. 

I went down to the local Elsa's Cantina  Mex joint before they had to shut down, drank Bad Juan margaritas to the limit, and left the server a 20%+ tip, with an apology about your sucky luck.

The local Krogers was a scene of the Zombie Apocalypse, the wife wanted me to go along on a hoarding mission.  Most folks I talked to laughing at the absurdity of it all.  

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

Complete crap. You want a recession? Thanks Deslime. I give your a double middle finger f-you. God only knows how many restaurant workers only get paid when they show up. No vacation, no fringe benefits. 

I went down to the local Elsa's Cantina  Mex joint before they had to shut down, drank Bad Juan margaritas to the limit, and left the server a 20%+ tip, with an apology about your sucky luck.

The local Krogers was a scene of the Zombie Apocalypse, the wife wanted me to go along on a hoarding mission.  Most folks I talked to laughing at the absurdity of it all.  

If Ohio needs to take these drastic measures than shouldn't all the surrounding states of Ohio be taking similar measures? 

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

People. Are. Stupid. 

If the medical experts are pointing to this it is our best course of action. We may not like it, but it is needed to flatten the curve and allow our medical system to keep up. 

2 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Listening to the experts? What a crazy concept

Great- and when his experts tell him to shut down the grocery stores- the TP hoarders were ahead of the curve.