THE BROWNS BOARD

JC Tretter Elected New NFLPA President

The Gipper

Cleveland Browns Center JC Tretter is the new NFLPA President:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001105741/article/browns-center-jc-tretter-elected-next-nflpa-president?fbclid=IwAR3waemaLCT-hMOealHKgbnFJEWzoqNL0MBHQE5C8KABUuVIU5_G5ScY51Q

Tretter has a degree from Cornell in Labor Relations.  So, he sounds like a good choice. 

5 minutes ago, Comeonman said:

Can’t really say if that’s good or bad, but good for him. While I miss Alex Mack, Tretter’s been very solid and seems to be a really good dude. 

I was totally surprised he resigned here.....

Can you say distraction?

Personally I'd rather our OL signal caller had nothing to do with repping team in the NFLPA let alone serving as it's President.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Can you say distraction?

Personally I'd rather our OL signal caller had nothing to do with repping team in the NFLPA let alone serving as it's President.

Yeah...but apparently HE wanted to be the rep.

I heard a little about the guy this morning that I honestly had no idea about until now. Turns out he's a Cornell grad with a major of industrial labor relations.Everyone says this dude's intelligence just blows you out of the water when you talk to the guy. Pretty cool all around.

3 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

I heard a little about the guy this morning that I honestly had no idea about until now. Turns out he's a Cornell grad with a major of industrial labor relations.Everyone says this dude's intelligence just blows you out of the water when you talk to the guy. Pretty cool all around.

Well, I told you all that in my OP.  Hello!

15 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Can you say distraction?

It's about trust and respect. Clearly, he has both in the players eyes and ears. 

Well deserved! Congrats J.C.Tretter! 

GO BROWNS!!!! ✌🍻😎

20 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Can you say distraction?

Sounds like a good career move to me. You think those DTs are gonna be extra feisty going against their union president? I think not. 

17 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Sounds like a good career move to me. You think those DTs are gonna be extra feisty going against their union president? I think not. 

or.... that DT's effort could depend on how much they agree with results he gets. ;)

I think folks are underestimating the time involved in rep'ing a team let alone heading up the union.