THE BROWNS BOARD

Christian Kirksey Released

nickers

11 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Two Safeties... at least two LBs... also need IDL and IOL  and blocking TE and 3rd WR "fills"... and then there's depth.

And when I talk "fills" I'm talking about quality starters.

We will definitely be involved in FA.

HA ! Hence the probability that Simmons, Dugger, or Tiam's "Chinn" will be a Cleveland Brown. Hybrid safety/lb !

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

On 3/6/2020 at 8:42 AM, Zombo said:

I understand it is time to replace him, contract-wise and performance-wise (due to injuries) ...

But don't let the door hit you on the way out??

This guy has bled brown and orange for us. One of the few good players that had to struggle through 1-31 and gave everything he had.

A leader, a fighter, and a guy who outplayed his draft status (rare during this Browns era).

He goes down as one of my favorite players. Good luck to him, Browns forever!

Zombo

--Where has fan loyalty gone?

Consider the source, Zombo. 

• Haha 1

On 3/4/2020 at 8:57 PM, Ibleedbrown said:

Rough stuff. I do understand the move but kinda hate to see it happen. Kirksey really put himself out there and tried to embrace a leadership role. That’s a tough gig and l admire the people that take it on, and he actually looked good doing it. I know the whole availability thing makes that a hard sell. But still...

It may be within the realm of possibilities he re-signs with us on an incentive laden deal. Resume his leadership role and go for it. I’d get fired up over that.

Believe it or not, he was still voted/named Defensive Captain in 2019 training camp before he got injured again. It means he was pretty well respected by teammates/coaches.  Poor guy just couldn't stay healthy.   And when you lose Captain Kirk, you either gotta look to Scotty ("I can't get it up captain") or Mr Spock (quiet leader that can put enemies on the ground ie; Schobert)...

My favorite memory of Kirksey was when I attended the game in Nashville where TN got off to a big first half lead. Jake Locker scrambled and scored; but Kirksey laid him out as he broke the plain.  It changed the entire complexion of the game.  Locker couldn't finish making it so TN couldn't finish us after getting out to something like a 28-6 lead.  Cleveland came back and won.  Great game to be at. 

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Believe it or not, he was still voted/named Defensive Captain in 2019 training camp before he got injured again. It means he was pretty well respected by teammates/coaches.  Poor guy just couldn't stay healthy.   And when you lose Captain Kirk, you either gotta look to Scotty ("I can't get it up captain") or Mr Spock (quiet leader that can put enemies on the ground ie; Schobert)...

My favorite memory of Kirksey was when I attended the game in Nashville where TN got off to a big first half lead. Jake Locker scrambled and scored; but Kirksey laid him out as he broke the plain.  It changed the entire complexion of the game.  Locker couldn't finish making it so TN couldn't finish us after getting out to something like a 28-6 lead.  Cleveland came back and won.  Great game to be at. 

Dammit  Jim.......I'm a Doctor,  not an NFL GM!

• Haha 1

You guys are not understanding the nature of his statement.

Kirksey tweeted, Blessing in disguise.  So, in response, Don't let the door hit ya.

Kirksey could've come out with a classier tweet, no?  

I don't understand how or why this thread in any way represents a contested opinion.. kirksey hasn't been above average in years, let alone performing up to his elite-level contract.

his cap in 2020 is over 9M when his performance will justify under 1m.. seriously it's flat-out insane that cutting this guy is even a question.

His cap last year was 8.2M.. his "earned salary" on OTC [what salary is justified based on performance] was 201k.

If you wonder why we're suddenly up against the cap when just a few yrs ago we had gobs of space.. hint: don't give a backup top-10-starter money.

On 3/5/2020 at 7:49 AM, Tour2ma said:

We are not going to "fill all the holes" in one off-season.

This sentence should be part of the new uniform design.... Maybe replace "Browns" down the pants? Or wrap around the jersey sleeve? 

No. I got it. Pick a kool font and it could finally be our helmet logos... but on both sides so everyone can always read it -  none of that hillbilly one sided stuff.  

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, D Bone said:

This sentence should be part of the new uniform design.... Maybe replace "Browns" down the pants? Or wrap around the jersey sleeve? 

No. I got it. Pick a kool font and it could finally be our helmet logos... but on both sides so everyone can always read it -  none of that hillbilly one sided stuff.  

You mean a logo like this, which at least has kept the brown and orange colors?:

54x25-bakery-case-bottom-white.png?w=120

• Haha 1

This is all you need to know about the Clowns... The Haslam's are responsible for 7 of these seasons...

89918810_3069523813058765_787480011748671488_n.jpg

5 minutes ago, Bigalow80 said:

I wonder if the decision to let Kirksey go, has any effect on Schobert? With the added amount of money be used to potentially just tag Joe for one year...no right or wrong answer, just a thought

It would kind of suck for Joe.. But if my interest is in winning.. Then you do what ya gotta do!

26 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Looks like Captain Kirk  just got his red shirt.

2t4jjf.jpg

For those of you not steeped in Star Trek lore....the joke is that it was always the guys wearing the red shirts who would bite the dust on like a landing party.

I had forgotten about that...

🕈︎︎❒︎︎ ■︎□︎⧫︎ ︎□︎︎■︎︎ ⧫︎□︎ ✂︎︎●︎●︎ ︎●︎●︎ ⧫︎︎□︎●︎︎⬧︎✂︎ ︎■︎ □︎■︎︎ □︎📫︎⬧︎︎⬧︎□︎■︎

On 3/6/2020 at 8:42 AM, Zombo said:

I understand it is time to replace him, contract-wise and performance-wise (due to injuries) ...

But don't let the door hit you on the way out??

This guy has bled brown and orange for us. One of the few good players that had to struggle through 1-31 and gave everything he had.

A leader, a fighter, and a guy who outplayed his draft status (rare during this Browns era).

He goes down as one of my favorite players. Good luck to him, Browns forever!

Zombo

--Where has fan loyalty gone?

Daaaawg Check!

18 hours ago, D Bone said:

We might even want that hot pink font to say "LEFT" on 1 side and "RIGHT" on the other.  Let's not get too carried away with everyone being able to read it or understand it though. 

• Haha 1

On 3/10/2020 at 9:56 AM, Unsympathetic said:

I don't understand how or why this thread in any way represents a contested opinion.. kirksey hasn't been above average in years, let alone performing up to his elite-level contract.

his cap in 2020 is over 9M when his performance will justify under 1m.. seriously it's flat-out insane that cutting this guy is even a question.

His cap last year was 8.2M.. his "earned salary" on OTC [what salary is justified based on performance] was 201k.

If you wonder why we're suddenly up against the cap when just a few yrs ago we had gobs of space.. hint: don't give a backup top-10-starter money.

Suck what?

I had very few qualms with Kirksey’s play when healthy.

• Upvote 1

On 3/8/2020 at 9:05 PM, Orion said:

You guys are not understanding the nature of his statement.

Kirksey tweeted, Blessing in disguise.  So, in response, Don't let the door hit ya.

Kirksey could've come out with a classier tweet, no?  

Like what ? Thank you for firings me ? His comment was just self motivation after getting fired. Nothing wrong with that.