THE BROWNS BOARD

Christian Kirksey Released

nickers

Have to first ask if there is any context for his tweet...

Blessing in disguise

— Christian Kirksey (@Kirko58) March 2, 2020

But his release would not surprise me. No one is going to take his contract on after his missing the better part of the past two seasons.

So, that would leave us with what at LB?    Wilson and Taki Taki....

Remember, they also got rid of  Adarius Taylor.

Needless to say,  the Browns LB position could end up being a real shit show. 

Here is a list of FA  ILBs.        Can we assume that they will have to be signing some one or two players here? 

https://walterfootball.com/freeagents2020ILB.php

13 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

So, that would leave us with what at LB?    Wilson and Taki Taki....

Remember, they also got rid of  Adarius Taylor.

Needless to say,  the Browns LB position could end up being a real shit show. 

Here is a list of FA LBs.        Can we assume that they will have to be signing some one or two players here? 

What list?

Rough stuff. I do understand the move but kinda hate to see it happen. Kirksey really put himself out there and tried to embrace a leadership role. That’s a tough gig and l admire the people that take it on, and he actually looked good doing it. I know the whole availability thing makes that a hard sell. But still...

It may be within the realm of possibilities he re-signs with us on an incentive laden deal. Resume his leadership role and go for it. I’d get fired up over that.

37 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I just looked this up, Adarius Taylor got paid over 2.5 mil last year and made 9 tackles. 9 tackles! 2.5 mil didn’t even get you double digit tackles!

LOL!.. Love that avatar :)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I just looked this up, Adarius Taylor got paid over 2.5 mil last year and made 9 tackles. 9 tackles! 2.5 mil didn’t even get you double digit tackles!

Shit... that's right there with what Bloomberg spent on votes...

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

LINEBACKERS ?!

WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING LINEBACKERS !!

We'll hire back Steve Wilks to run the D so we won't need so many.

.......this shoe falling, of course, was not unanticipated.  But we sure have a lot of holes to fill right?  Edge rusher (Vernon will be gone), MLB, OLB's, S's, CB depth, and on offense, LT, RG, RT, TE, WR#3 and or WR#4.    

Like it or not we're going to have to be quite busy in free agency just to be able to field a team.  There's no way to fill all of those holes in the draft.

When ya dump 2 starters, am almost certain Berry & Joe Woods have a plan..

Am hearing the Redskins are trying to get ILB Jon Bostic redone, who had a great season last year..If Bostic hits the market? He'll fit the mid market for a ILB...

Outside LB I've always been a fan of a Panthers draftee & now Saint OLB AJ Klein... also should be a mid-market guy if Saints let go... 

Tags come out the 10th... Legal Tampering- starts the 16th & can announce at 4:01 pm the 18th..  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

When ya dump 2 starters, am almost certain Berry & Joe Woods have a plan..

Am hearing the Redskins are trying to get ILB Jon Bostic redone, who had a great season last year..If Bostic hits the market? He'll fit the mid market for a ILB...

Outside LB I've always been a fan of a Panthers draftee & now Saint OLB AJ Klein... also should be a mid-market guy if Saints let go... 

Tags come out the 10th... Legal Tampering- starts the 16th & can announce at 4:01 pm the 18th..  

They're plan clearly is to emass picks and go 0-16 again...

2 hours ago, nickers said:

They're plan clearly is to emass picks and go 0-16 again...

How do you "emass" (amass?) picks by releasing and not resigning players?

10 hours ago, Orion said:

Like it or not we're going to have to be quite busy in free agency just to be able to field a team.  There's no way to fill all of those holes in the draft.

We are not going to "fill all the holes" in one off-season.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

We are not going to "fill all the holes" in one off-season.

They created a lot of them in one off season....why should't they fill them?

And just out of curiosity.... what would be your list of holes that we now have to fill? 

I think it would  include  2 OTs,  2 LBs at least,    a safety..or 2,    Anything else? 

IF they are active in FA (which I doubt), and IF they could hit on their top 3 draft picks, they could seemingly fill the holes.   

But, if you bring in like 6 new players, combination FA and draft.....it might be fair to say that we could expect 2 of them to NOT end up fitting the bill, if not more? 

Two Safeties... at least two LBs... also need IDL and IOL  and blocking TE and 3rd WR "fills"... and then there's depth.

And when I talk "fills" I'm talking about quality starters.

We will definitely be involved in FA.

On 3/4/2020 at 6:17 PM, Tour2ma said:

Have to first ask if there is any context for his tweet...

But his release would not surprise me. No one is going to take his contract on after his missing the better part of the past two seasons.

And I am glad we aren't either.  I like the guy and he was decent when he played, but he didn't play enough.

18 hours ago, The Gipper said:

They created a lot of them in one off season....why should't they fill them?

And just out of curiosity.... what would be your list of holes that we now have to fill? 

I think it would  include  2 OTs,  2 LBs at least,    a safety..or 2,    Anything else? 

IF they are active in FA (which I doubt), and IF they could hit on their top 3 draft picks, they could seemingly fill the holes.   

But, if you bring in like 6 new players, combination FA and draft.....it might be fair to say that we could expect 2 of them to NOT end up fitting the bill, if not more? 

They aren't creating holes where holes already existed.  Kirksey was a hole.  He was on the roster and never played.  They didn't cut Schobert.  He became a free agent just as he would have had Dorsey been here.

The reality is the money spent didn't equal the production provided.  If you argue it was, I'll call you a idiot, and I don't want to call you that.

As has been said, we have holes all over the D.  John was a offensive GM.  He took a shot on a O lineman who hurt his plan in Corbett.  That happens.  We need 2-3 O-linemen and the O is good, assuming Baker works and becomes a NFL QB. 

The D?  We have holes at all three of the main position groups.  

On the line we need a edge and a DT.

At LB, we need 1-2 players, and that was even before Kirksey news.

In the secondary we are weak in the deep secondary.

We aren't going to be able to fix that in one draft, but we do need to accumulate more dollars because Garrett and a few others we DO want to keep contracts are starting to rise above the horizon.

Yep, lets keep Kirksey and not be able to keep Garrett.  That's a plan.  A bad plan, but it is a plan.

1 hour ago, ballpeen said:

They aren't creating holes where holes already existed.  Kirksey was a hole.  He was on the roster and never played.  They didn't cut Schobert.  He became a free agent just as he would have had Dorsey been here.

The reality is the money spent didn't equal the production provided.  If you argue it was, I'll call you a idiot, and I don't want to call you that.

As has been said, we have holes all over the D.  John was a offensive GM.  He took a shot on a O lineman who hurt his plan in Corbett.  That happens.  We need 2-3 O-linemen and the O is good, assuming Baker works and becomes a NFL QB. 

We aren't going to be able to fix that in one draft, but we do need to accumulate more dollars because Garrett and a few others we DO want to keep contracts are starting to rise above the horizon.

Yep, lets keep Kirksey and not be able to keep Garrett.  That's a plan.  A bad plan, but it is a plan.

Garrett will sign with Dallas as soon as he becomes a FA.. Book it!

10 minutes ago, nickers said:

Do you own the orange trimmed flying monkey suit? 1EoP.gif    🐒🐵   

On 3/4/2020 at 5:51 PM, nickers said:

I understand it is time to replace him, contract-wise and performance-wise (due to injuries) ...

But don't let the door hit you on the way out??

This guy has bled brown and orange for us. One of the few good players that had to struggle through 1-31 and gave everything he had.

A leader, a fighter, and a guy who outplayed his draft status (rare during this Browns era).

He goes down as one of my favorite players. Good luck to him, Browns forever!

Zombo

--Where has fan loyalty gone?

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 8

45 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Do you own the orange trimmed flying monkey suit? 1EoP.gif    🐒🐵   

Can't help it if the truth hurts.. I guess you forgot all about him begging Jerrah to trade up and draft him...

1 hour ago, nickers said:

I don't think so. Only reason I could see is if this franchise continues to be the Dead Zone for has-been players cashing out and business as usual with 5-6 win seasons.

3 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Sure, but they still could have negotiated with Schobert.  (I agree that they were going to have to move on from Kirksey)

Money spent on who?  Kirksey?  Sure,  any money you spend on someone who can't play means that he did not meet production for the money spent.  The question is:  would the money they would have spent on Schobert have been "worth it"?  I am not sure anyone can tell about that. 

Yep....both tackles and a guard.   (How did our OL get this bad?)

In theory the DL should be in good shape with Garrett, Vernon, Ogunjobi and Richardson. The question is:  will these guy perform up to expectations?  Vernon surely did not.    Plus definitely need rotation depth there.    And yes, holes at LB and DB, as we have been mentioning.

Can we fix it with one draft....and one free agency period?    We shall see if they are going to try.  I don't care that Berry and Stefanski are new here, patience is wearing thin. 

I have never heard anyone advocating for that plan.....have you?