THE BROWNS BOARD

Trying to move OBJ

Icecube

7 minutes ago, Nero said:

Even the first sentence misses the mark. 

Masterly retreat is in itself a victory.

Stop lying, and if they find out your lie, stop trying to argument using the only article (6 weeks old) that supports your point of view. It's kind of pathetic. 

To put it simply: Don't waste our time. 

Awwww, really? So, you don't realize Browns had some chats about OBJ? OK, there. 

7 hours ago, Orion said:

Why have the Browns announced that OBJ will be one of the guys modeling the new uniform in April?

Because they are stuck with him and they knew it back then. But their phones were still open if someone wanted to give up a 1st rounder.

2 hours ago, nickers said:

OBJ will never be the same player again.. I say get what ya can for him...

Cory Coleman and a 7th rounder from the Giants

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Icecube said:

(as far as him being nuts),

he's a 1035 yard, 4 TD guy. Not horrible, but no one will pay him his salary for that, and with his ....acting up. Honestly, he'd excel on a few teams, but they ain't gonna pony up for that much cheese. Imagine him on SF, Seattle, Ravens, Bills...

Who's being the Nut here? ?  And why does this guy who's acting 27, get tagged as 'acting up"? Have ya got thru a 16 game season with a core injury? played another season on a bad ankle? with those kinda numbers? Check his charity work & what his teammates think & get back with us.. Even our* Media respects his honesty. When ya see a read on abuse, assault, lbs. of weed or DUI issues? Am sure you will be rushing to the front of the line to post it.. till than, OBJ can excel staying right here in Cleveland... 

get right & avoid the noise #13

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Icecube said:

Thank you, Tour2ma, the reason they are not "actively" shopping him is they already know what the market is, and no deal is close. Browns want something close to what they paid for him....bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Not gonna happen. Under his current contract, teams won't take him on that alone, forget a high draft pick too. 

Your welcome... I guess... but not sure why the thanks since I disputed at least two points in your OP.

1. The implication that we are actively trying to move him.. and...
  2. That he's not wanted... not working out.

8 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Who's being the Nut here? ?  And why does this guy who's acting 27, get tagged as 'acting up"? Have ya got thru a 16 game season with a core injury? played another season on a bad ankle? with those kinda numbers? Check his charity work & what his teammates think & get back with us.. Even our* Media respects his honesty. When ya see a read on abuse, assault, lbs. of weed or DUI issues? Am sure you will be rushing to the front of the line to post it.. till than, OBJ can excel staying right here in Cleveland... 

get right & avoid the noise #13

Hmmm, yes, "excel?" Hmmmmm. Along with his nearly weekly baggage that adds distraction and diminishes focus towards winning (i.e. wearing large watches during games, wearing unapproved shoes,  wearing visors that are knowingly breaking conformity, etc.) his cost - without even considering the distraction/attention whoring negatives, his pay is not worth his production. 

He is, as of now, the 4th-highest paid WR in the NFL, and has $65,000,000 guaranteed. 

https://overthecap.com/position/wide-receiver/

OK, there. 4th highest paid while (drum roll please) is 26th in receiving yards....26th. That being said, he was 65th in receiving TDs scored among WRs/TEs/RBs. So, forgive those of us who don't consider being 4th highest paid while being such a low producer in yards and TDs a good value. Then add in the fact that he is still a major distraction week in and week out, and you have one of the worst values in the NFL. And as Shannon Sharpe always says, if you're healthy enough to play, don't give me injuries as an excuse for not producing...period. (Ulike all of us, Shannon is a Hall of Fame player and an NFL expert.) 

Bottom line, Browns can't get anything for him in a trade, and they know it, so they have stopped shopping him. They are stuck with him (and his petulant child act) and there is nothing they can do about it. Their only hope is they start winning, as his attitude will get better. 

13 hours ago, nickers said:

OBJ will never be the same player again.. I say get what ya can for him...

The problem is...

1.) They can get virtually nothing for him, at least not compared to what they gave up for him (1st, 3rd rounder AND a decent player). He was the 26th WR in receiving yards in 2019 and 65th in rec. TDs). Find me a team willing to pay a top-4 WR salary for that production. 

2.) Mr. Jimmy's ego can't take settling for a mere 3rd rounder after what he gave up for him.  That would be admitting what a bad trade he was. Mr. Jimmy doesn't want to virtually stand in a corner with a dunce cap on. 

We don't know how well Stef can bond with and motivate players, this will be a nice test. If he gets OBJ to knock off the baby routine and focus and produce, this could end up being a whole different story. But Mr. Jimmy has to get the hell out of the way. 

10 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Who's being the Nut here? ?  And why does this guy who's acting 27, get tagged as 'acting up"?

Wait, you acted like OBJ when you were 27? You thought the entire world should revolve around you and threw tantrums all the time? Dear word. 

6 minutes ago, Icecube said:

Wait, you acted like OBJ when you were 27? You thought the entire world should revolve around you and through tantrums all the time? Dear word. 

Yes..I wake up with my millions..Sing like Freddie Mercury & blame my roadies for equipment malfunctions.. Good news my agent gets it all approved thru Mr Jimmy...your not worth having the adult stars conversation....so we won't...   

1 hour ago, Icecube said:

as Shannon Sharpe always says, if you're healthy enough to play, don't give me injuries as an excuse for not producing...period. (Ulike all of us, Shannon is a Hall of Fame player and an NFL expert.) 

Shannon fucking Sharpe? Can't wait until an opinion of his gets thrown back at you in a future debate...

so they have stopped shopping him.

There is no evidence... none... zero... nada... that OBJ was shopped.

16 hours ago, Icecube said:

Because they are stuck with him and they knew it back then. But their phones were still open if someone wanted to give up a 1st rounder.

The above was in reference to OBJ being one of our new uniform models...

Thus just in...

Report: Odell Beckham Jr. involved in photoshoots for Browns' new uniforms

In a sign of his status with the team, Odell Beckham Jr. has reportedly been involved in photoshoots for the Cleveland Browns' new uniforms.

Author: Ben Axelrod
Published: 1:46 PM EST March 3, 2020
Updated: 2:36 PM EST March 3, 2020

CLEVELAND — Odell Beckham Jr. remains a part of the Cleveland Browns' plans for the future.

And it appears the team has the pictures to prove it.

Next month, the Browns will unveil their long-awaited new set of uniforms, which will mark the team's first change in apparel since 2015. And while Cleveland's new threads won't be made public until April, according to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, the Browns have already done photoshoots for the reveal, with Beckham front and center.

https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports/nfl/browns/odell-beckham-jr-involved-in-shoots-for-browns-uniform-reveal/95-816f3631-1434-4ea0-b88b-b1d85050aa58

So if the photos are already in the can, then the player selection had to have been much earlier than you previously believed.

Can you say "face of the franchise"?

** Mic drop**

31 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Yes..I wake up with my millions..Sing like Freddie Mercury & blame my roadies for equipment malfunctions.. Good news my agent gets it all approved thru Mr Jimmy...your not worth having the adult stars conversation....so we won't...   

So...I see. Dodge the actual question and just be inane, got it. You think OBJ is just acting like your typical 27 year-old. Very good. That excuses it all. 4th highest-paid WR, 26th in yards and 65th in TDs. Super. 

Just now, Tour2ma said:

Shannon fucking Sharpe? Can't wait until an opinion of his gets thrown back at you in a future debate...

There is no evidence... none... zero... nada... that OBJ was shopped.

The above was in reference to OBJ being one of our new uniform models...

Thus just in...

Report: Odell Beckham Jr. involved in photoshoots for Browns' new uniforms

In a sign of his status with the team, Odell Beckham Jr. has reportedly been involved in photoshoots for the Cleveland Browns' new uniforms.

Author: Ben Axelrod
Published: 1:46 PM EST March 3, 2020
Updated: 2:36 PM EST March 3, 2020

CLEVELAND — Odell Beckham Jr. remains a part of the Cleveland Browns' plans for the future.

And it appears the team has the pictures to prove it.

Next month, the Browns will unveil their long-awaited new set of uniforms, which will mark the team's first change in apparel since 2015. And while Cleveland's new threads won't be made public until April, according to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, the Browns have already done photoshoots for the reveal, with Beckham front and center.

https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports/nfl/browns/odell-beckham-jr-involved-in-shoots-for-browns-uniform-reveal/95-816f3631-1434-4ea0-b88b-b1d85050aa58

So if the photos are already in the can, then the player selection had to have been much earlier than you previously believed.

Can you say "face of the franchise"?

** Mic drop**

It's cute that you think you proved anything. Adorbs. Hypocrisy anyone? 

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Your welcome... I guess... but not sure why the thanks since I disputed at least two points in your OP.

1. The implication that we are actively trying to move him.. and...
  2. That he's not wanted... not working out.

4th-highest paid WR while being 26th in rec. yards. Why, yes, it's working out just perfectly. Sure. Which way is the clown car showing up?

The problem is...

1.) They can get virtually nothing for him, at least not compared to what they gave up for him (1st, 3rd rounder AND a decent player). He was the 26th WR in receiving yards in 2019 and 65th in rec. TDs). Find me a team willing to pay a top-4 WR salary for that production. 

2.) Mr. Jimmy's ego can't take settling for a mere 3rd rounder after what he gave up for him.  That would be admitting what a bad trade he was. Mr. Jimmy doesn't want to virtually stand in a corner with a dunce cap on. 

We don't know how well Stef can bond with and motivate players, this will be a nice test. If he gets OBJ to knock off the baby routine and focus and produce, this could end up being a whole different story. But Mr. Jimmy has to get the hell out of the way. 

Stef comes across too soft for me.. I don't see it happening..

Aw.... you think I'm cute... or WTF "adorbs" is...

Sorry but I am a married man...

Seriously...

Pretty sure I don't have to prove anything. I just have to raise reasonable doubt... and I think I have.

Whereas you have not backed up your position at all... and it is your position because you tied yourself to some radio talking heads 'that you've yet to name. All apparently because you've been stewing over some other unpopular position you took some time ago... a position I doubt anyone besides you even remembers.

9 minutes ago, Icecube said:

4th-highest paid WR while being 26th in rec. yards. Why, yes, it's working out just perfectly. Sure. Which way is the clown car showing up?

Sweet Jesus...

Yes... OBJ's 2019 season was disappointing, but there were so many contributing factors aside from OBJ's injury it's ridiculous.

• Start with Freddie...
  • then Baker...
  • add in our first 1000-yard rusher in 10 ten years and note that the only other season he's played with a 1000-yd rusher that his numbers were down to damn near his 2019 level...
  • plus it's the first time OBJ ever shared the field with another 1000-yd receiver...

Need more?

Or are you rational?

8 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Sweet Jesus...

Yes... OBJ's 2019 season was disappointing, but there were so many contributing factors aside from OBJ's injury it's ridiculous.

• Start with Freddie...were you not defending Freddie often last year?
  • then Baker...you used to defend Baker too.
  • add in our first 1000-yard rusher in 10 ten years and note that the only other season he's played with a 1000-yd rusher that his numbers were down to damn near his 2019 level...Most good WRs benefit from a strong rushing game, not be constrained by such. So, did Jerry Rice's production gets hampered by Roger Craig's solid rushing? Did Mike Irvin suffer from Emmitt Smith? Did Thurman Thomas' production hinder Andre Reed's output? Did Le'veon Bell's rushing damage AB's output?
  •  
  • plus it's the first time OBJ ever shared the field with another 1000-yd receiver...Well, When JuJu lost AB's production, he got much less yards and catches. 

Need more?

Or are you rational?...do you discuss things in the context of logic?

17 hours ago, Icecube said:

So, you don't realize Browns had some chats about OBJ?

Moving the goalposts is not victory in any sense.  Every team "has some chats" about every player every offseason - that's the reality of NFL life.

Burden's on you to prove the truth of your claim in post #1.  You haven't -- because it doesn't exist.

Stop with the attempts at spin.  You're wrong - period. 

Take this as an object lesson: Confirm everything you read so that you don't spread gossip. 

Unless, of course, you're trying to troll -- if so, just delete your account.

Just now, Unsympathetic said:

Moving the goalposts is not victory in any sense.  Every team "has some chats" about every player every offseason - that's the reality of NFL life.

Burden's on you to prove the truth of your claim in post #1.  You haven't -- because it doesn't exist.

Stop trying to spin this.

Image result for laughing hysterically

Just now, The Gipper said:

Yes, we are all laughing at your childlike attempts to try to foment dissent. 

Stupid is as stupid does,  and you does stupid with the best. 

And you need some education in using English. It's never too late to learn. I can help you.