THE BROWNS BOARD

The "Draft some offensive linemen a lot like JOE THOMAS" thread

calfoxwc

JT might be the next BROWNS HOF member after a long absence.  Anyone else even close to him would be a nice addition to the BROWNS OL and team.

So who might that be at maybe the #10 pick ?  (Or is that settling the bar too unrealistically high ?)

30 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

JT might be the next BROWNS HOF member after a long absence.  Anyone else even close to him would be a nice addition to the BROWNS OL and team.

So who might that be at maybe the #10 pick ?  (Or is that settling the bar too unrealistically high ?)

Well, he has to wait until 5 years after retirement. So we have what?  4 years to wait?    He should be "First Ballot"  HOF.

1 hour ago, Orion said:

I would love to have a new Joe Thomas.  Even better if he could run block better than Joe.

While we are dreaming I'd like a boxful of twenties, world peace and a 9 inch braciole. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Better luck finding a unicorn.

A Joe Thomas doesn’t exist this draft.

I wonder who might come closest?  It's hard to project a rookie against a lifetime of work by a HOF candidate at any position.

19 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

I wonder who might come closest?  It's hard to project a rookie against a lifetime of work by a HOF candidate at any position.

probably not as outstanding athletically as a LT, but at least with the leadership, LOVE for the game, toughness and dedication to being the absolute best he can be. Back in the day, Joe Thomas was obvious as the best LT. That was one of my brilliant first round picks in a mock draft.

Well, ok, one of two......so far...

but still - guys like Joe Thomas inspire the entire offense - especially the rest of the oline. We'll see how it goes.

On 3/3/2020 at 8:52 PM, SdBacker80 said:

Better luck finding a unicorn.

A Joe Thomas doesn’t exist this draft.

But supposedly it is a  good  draft  if you're  looking for an offensive  tackle.  HOFers like Joe, Orlando  Pace, and Tony Boselli  don't  come  along  every year.  You just  need  to find one that solid.  Doug  Dieken manned the  spot  for years. 

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

But supposedly it is a  good  draft  if you're  looking for an offensive  tackle.  HOFers like Joe, Orlando  Pace, and Tony Boselli  don't  come  along  every year.  You just  need  to find one that solid.  Doug  Dieken manned the  spot  for years. 

Didn't the Browns basically have three Left Tackles from 1946-1984 with Groza, Schafrath and Dieken? 

That's staggering.