THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey Sunday

The Gipper

Here is this weeks survey.  Give your answers/opinions:

1.  Browns seem to be looking for a veteran backup QB........who is out there that they should choose?

2. Browns and Packers look like they are going to be doing joint practices in Wisconsin.  Thoughts about that?

3. Tony Romo  has re-signed ;)  for like 17 million dollars a year to stay as CBS's lead color commentator.  I personally cannot stand to listen to his weak, gravelly, sounds like he constantly needs to clear his throat voice .  Do you share that opinion?

4. Which opposing teams stadiums (non-Browns)  have you been to a game to, if any?

5. The XFL  is getting an average of about  17,000 attendance for their games.  However, the team with the best attendance is the St. Louis team, with almost 30K average attendance.  That is also the only current XFL  city that does not currently have an NFL team located there.   If the XFL expands, as you know they will....should they target more Non-NFL cities? 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

1.  Browns seem to be looking for a veteran backup QB........who is out there that they should choose?

Not Keenum, so I'm sure he'll end up here.

2. Browns and Packers look like they are going to be doing joint practices in Wisconsin.  Thoughts about that?

Good idea.

3. Tony Romo  has re-signed ;)  for like 17 million dollars a year to stay as CBS's lead color commentator.  I personally cannot stand to listen to his weak, gravelly, sounds like he constantly needs to clear his throat voice .  Do you share that opinion?

No, I like Romo. He reminds me of Bernie, he knows what play is going to be run based on the formation. 

4. Which opposing teams stadiums (non-Browns)  have you been to a game to, if any?

Indianapolis (Hoosier Dome), Buffalo, St. Louis (dome), Phoenix, Dallas (Jerry's Place), Houston (new dome), Nashville, Cincinnati (Riverfront Stadium).

5. The XFL  is getting an average of about  17,000 attendance for their games.  However, the team with the best attendance is the St. Louis team, with almost 30K average attendance.  That is also the only current XFL  city that does not currently have an NFL team located there.   If the XFL expands, as you know they will....should they target more Non-NFL cities? 

I'm sure they will.

I would bet on Case as well.

I always like the idea of practicing against another team. Helps us be competitive and gives us an idea of how we are progressing.

I like Romo just fine, but I have always enjoyed Booger McFarland's takes just as much even though he gets a lot of flak. 

Denver Broncos and Dallas Cowboys (to watch HS playoff finals).

I'm still hoping Austin gets one. I'd go. Texas' DKR Memorial Stadium has the best capacity. It would never likely sell out, but I'll bet they could get 40,000 a game for a city that has no upper level pro team of any major sport. AAA baseball in Round Rock Dell Stadium is the highest they have. Proper marketing would sell a lot of season tickets.

•  
  • The Gipper
  • REGISTERED
  • 53,635 posts

Case Keenum and Marcus Mariota have been the names most oftened mentioned....but question:   are they really an upgrade from Garrett Gilbert?

Should be cool.  Could even be cool to go up and watch. 

Yes, I share my own opinion.  There is nothing wrong with what Romo says, he may be Kosar like in that regard.  He does not, however, have, in my opinion,  announcer quality vocal.   His voice is weak, scratchy and it always sounds like he needs to clear his throat.   He is the AC/DC or Rush of football announcers. They may make fine music, but it is ruined by the screechiness of their lead singers. 

Been to games only at   Houston Reliant, and Tennesseee Whatthefuckever stadium.   Been on tours of Superdome and Lambeau.  Been to Hard Rock for a baseball game.

Yes, of course, this is what I have always felt.  So, sure, TxAg said Austin....which would be fine. That or San Antonio (could use Alamodome).   San Diego, Portland maybe?  If they are going to be a winter league, then I guess they have to stay south or in Domes.    Hell....maybe they could have a team in Syracuse in that dome.  Other warm weather cities with no NFL team:  Sacramento;  Tuscon, El Paso, Birmingham

11 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Keenum.  I’ll take some insurance policy that worked well withIn Stefanski’s system. 

Fine with it.  Makes sense no need to have an AFC team in that spot.

Tony was a solid QB, probably a better golfer or at least could have been a better golfer, as an analyst he is GREAT.  He speaks to the advanced fan and also at times to the newbie. Knowledge of the game is far superior to most analysts. Provides good insight.  And knows when to shut it down and let the play or player do the talking.  Worth every penny. 

49ers - 2019

Chargers- Qualcomm 2014

Cardinals- 2016 Fiesta Bowl

Broncos- 2018

MetLife - 2017 (tour)

Dallas - 2018 (tour) 

they need to slow their roll.  Improve within the current confines 

21 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Bridgewater seemed to fill in nicely last year. So l guess him.

Fresh cheese curds are a delightful treat. They squeak when you eat them! Once refrigerated the squeak goes away.

Wow, 17 mil? Good for him. I think he does fine with his commentary.

Bengals stadium.

Probably. I only have so much time for football though so l’m not really a watcher of the XFL.

Well, I obviously thought of him, but I am of the opinion that he is going to want to  go be a starter somewhere, and would not "settle" for being relegated to a backup.

Taysom Hill

Cool

No, I think he is by far the best color guy working today.

Miami, Tampa Bay, Jacksonville, LA Rams,

I'm not so sure that they will expand ... or survive.

49 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well, I obviously thought of him, but I am of the opinion that he is going to want to  go be a starter somewhere, and would not "settle" for being relegated to a backup.

You’re probably right. If he can’t land a starting gig though his next option might be a backup role with a team that has questions or concerns about their starter. With Baker’s step back season and front office change, we might fit that description.

22 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

You’re probably right. If he can’t land a starting gig though his next option might be a backup role with a team that has questions or concerns about their starter. With Baker’s step back season and front office change, we might fit that description.

Maybe.  Its just that he IS a Twat.   But it seems like the autocorrect on his name to call him that has been cancelled.  

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 11:45 AM, The Gipper said:

Keenum because of his relationship with Stefanski.

No. Why should there be? They're just another NFL team.  The only question is why are we always the visiting team when having these joint practices? Aren't our facilities good enough?

Nope.

A little redundant no?  Anyway, I've been to no enemy stadiums ever.

As a side note I've been to the old stadium once and First Energy once, that's it. Prefer watching in the comfort of my home, way more fun, especially with others,  and the players appear bigger than life on TV.

Ditto Zombo... not so sure that they will expand ... or even survive.