THE BROWNS BOARD

That stupid South Korean movie

The Parasite Oscar
Hey gang I had a few responses via email and Facebook chastising me for not giving the South Korean film parasite enough respect. Allow me to reiterate my opposition. I have nothing against South Korea, and I realize there’s a huge portion of the world that does not speak English. But there’s already an International Film category and that’s where PARASITE belongs. GAME OF THRONES was a great television series but I don’t think it should be nominated for best picture either. (Johnny Bench was a great professional athlete but I don’t think he should be in the Football Hall of Fame.) I realize sometime the Academy likes to do things to piss off conservatives but besides the fact they have missed the point completely this kind of behavior cheapens the award itself. Also, just from an artistic standpoint if the audience has to focus on subtitles, they obviously cannot focus on the actual actors which should be a key point of any film. 
Still thank you for your responses and remember if you want to comment I’m at bear222@aol.com.  You can follow me at Westside Steve Simmons on Facebook.
WSS