THE BROWNS BOARD

Combine OL Measurements

Tour2ma

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2878486-tristan-wirfs-breaks-nfl-combine-offensive-line-records-in-vertical-broad-jumps

“Per The Athletic's Brandon Thorn, Wirfs set offensive line records with a 36.5" vertical jump and a 10'1" broad jump. He followed that up with an unofficial time of 4.86 seconds in the 40, including a 1.69-second 10-yard split. There were already high expectations for Wirfs heading into the 2020 NFL draft. He's ranked as the second-best offensive tackle and No. 16 overall prospect in this year's class by B/R's Matt Miller

4 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2878486-tristan-wirfs-breaks-nfl-combine-offensive-line-records-in-vertical-broad-jumps

“Per The Athletic's Brandon Thorn, Wirfs set offensive line records with a 36.5" vertical jump and a 10'1" broad jump. He followed that up with an unofficial time of 4.86 seconds in the 40, including a 1.69-second 10-yard split. There were already high expectations for Wirfs heading into the 2020 NFL draft. He's ranked as the second-best offensive tackle and No. 16 overall prospect in this year's class by B/R's Matt Miller

Now that is an eye opener especially for a ZBS/RPO type O-line. Do some more research on this guy Tour.

16 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Now that is an eye opener especially for a ZBS/RPO type O-line. Do some more research on this guy Tour.

Our former OL Coach (Kirk Ferentz) did some research on him and Wirfs started all 4 years for him at Iowa.  One scout wrote he's the only OL/LT to accomplish that honor under Ferentz.   Another said he saw him as an OG (like Eric Steinbach and Robert Gallery transitioned into).  Those Underwear Olympic metrics might have that scout rethinking it while he's glad nobody attached his name to it.

On 2/27/2020 at 5:56 PM, tiamat63 said:

Muti just put up 44 reps on the bench.

1 former board member would have told us he did that in 6th grade with 1 hand while the other hand was taking inventory of Miss Ohio's groin.

Then he would have forgotten how many times he already told us offensive linemen are a dime a dozen while Joe Thomas was making 10 consecutive Pro Bowls.      

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

1 former board member would have told us he did that in 6th grade with 1 hand while the other hand was taking inventory of Miss Ohio's groin.

Then he would have forgotten how many times he already told us offensive linemen are a dime a dozen while Joe Thomas was making 10 consecutive Pro Bowls.      

Well I'm a cold blooded cynic so I'm hoping that particular board member is alone and miserable in his twilight years.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

In that case he should have run slower... :)

Kid posted a 5.10...

Mt. Becton put a huge :) on my face the rest of the night.. I wanted to post, but I fell so far behind re-running for split times..I didn't finish 1st viewing till after midnight..

They said, Big Hoss dropped some of his water weight, running the 40 at 357 lbs. He still finished 10th of all linemen with a 1.77 10 split on 2nd 40.. That's damn football scary👀 folks.. And most have not mentioned it on the networks..But i'd bet money that is what Mayock got a chuckle out of..

Anywho? I got even further behind while listening to JT#73 take the mic from the other hack to break down drills with actual* tech talk..Joe's so damn solid talking the tech's of the game.(period!) btw, i thought some* of the new OL drills went soft/gay...#fredthesledwasdead, so let them play for christ cakes!! 

Wills & Wirfs did what we thought they would do... they killed it.....but, I have a harder time matching Wirfs numbers, than to Wills on tape..  

i know some don't like early player comparisons..but

Imho--Technique-wise a+)Wills is every bit the Jonah Williams of this Draft..he can LT/#73.. b.) T. Wirfs is the Andre Dillard....honestly, i think c.) Andrew Thomas took a small slide, putting Wills slightly ahead in scouts minds..AT's drills just lacked something that i can't pinpoint yet🤔... Leaving d.) Becton, that can only be compared to Orlando 'Zeus' Brown, but far behind Zeus in position tech but of fighting a Bear 🐼... but it was OB that played the starter snaps of all mentioned above.

In closing, We respect your OL views so, the floor is yours & I'll get off my TE soapbox...but i need your opinion on Temple-Matt Hennessy at RG...he also blew me away in drills👀 thanks!     

EDIT-- in my trying 230 lbs'ish playing TE day's.. i was ok with my Gun'z & Glute'z.....butt, not after seeing some of these sequoia trees push'em up & down....G00d God is !!   

• Upvote 2

A&M's Madabuike got a lot of Wows and Not a sleeper anymore after his 1.73 split and 4.83 40. My son had scouted him in HS and had warned his team then he was a dominating player as an ILB. A&M put weight on him and converted him into a DT. Doubt he will be there by the time of our 2nd pick.

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

A&M's Madabuike got a lot of Wows and Not a sleeper anymore after his 1.73 split and 4.83 40.

Like that kid^^..Nebraska's Khalil Davis & Derrick Brown are killing these drills.. I like the new D drills already.. O not so much

Edit--hey Rich, how bout a final 40 time list with 10 splits times before the DE's?      I see ya, Strowbridge👣.. nice day Heel 

18 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Like that kid^^..Nebraska's Khalil Davis & Derrick Brown are killing these drills.. I like the new D drills already.. O not so much

Edit--hey Rich, how bout a final 40 time list with 10 splits times before the DE's?      I see ya, Strowbridge👣.. nice day Heel 

Madabuike added a 31 rep bench press and a 7.37 3 cone drill. His stock should be reflected moving upward in the mocks following the combine completion.

He was going to be my outside rd 1 dark horse this year, but I think he's now been "discovered" into round 1. If he's round two then I get to keep him.

On 2/29/2020 at 6:49 AM, Flugel said:

Our former OL Coach (Kirk Ferentz) did some research on him and Wirfs started all 4 years for him at Iowa.  One scout wrote he's the only OL/LT to accomplish that honor under Ferentz.   Another said he saw him as an OG (like Eric Steinbach and Robert Gallery transitioned into).  Those Underwear Olympic metrics might have that scout rethinking it while he's glad nobody attached his name to it.

It was Scheffter who's things Wirfs projects better at OG.  

On 2/29/2020 at 8:33 AM, tiamat63 said:

Well I'm a cold blooded cynic so I'm hoping that particular board member is alone and miserable in his twilight years.

He's all alone in his FaceBook world. Maybe hoping to purify that Lake Meade water. He had a snit when Kathy gave Z the OK to kick him off for good, and a lot of us are blocked seeing what he's currently up to. Not that I care much.  :)  

Just now, hoorta said:

It was Scheffter who's things Wirfs projects better at OG.  

He's all alone in his FaceBook world. Maybe hoping to purify that Lake Meade water. He had a snit when Kathy gave Z the OK to kick him off for good, and a lot of us are blocked seeing what he's currently up to. Not that I care much.  :)  

It was also a scout in an article I read Larry.   I never use Schefter as a football expert's opinion but I'll read his insider stuff.  Then again, this 1 team or 1 NFL Scout said stuff sucks sometimes...

On 2/29/2020 at 6:24 AM, Flugel said:

No such claim here, but reminded me that I graduated HS with a then soon to be former Miss Ohio USA... Jackie Urbanek. Pretty girl who went full-blown gorgeous on her way to her crown. Sorry... no photo found.

I don't remember the former board member going to my HS though...

• Haha 1

On 2/29/2020 at 4:16 PM, gumby73 said:

Meanwhile back at the thread...

Searching for a summary of 10-yd splits the goggle machine turned up this link. Yes, it's to a Steeler site, which explains why it's not sortable, but it is the best I've found.

Note: You may have to maximize your browser to see the 3-cone results in the final column.

https://steelersdepot.com/2020-nfl-scouting-combine-results-tracker/

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...