THE BROWNS BOARD

did grossi just call Baker

ATOM

Cleveland radio and TV personality Tony Grossi has been suspended indefinitely by ESPN Cleveland, the company announced today. They released a statement this afternoon:

Grossi was recorded on a hot mic calling Baker Mayfield a "f---ing midget" in audio that was released on Twitter today. What allegedly happened is that the ESPN Cleveland crew thought the mics were off, and someone made a comment about Mayfield's height. That man was apparently Grossi.

Grossi and Mayfield have had a rocky relationship during the quarterback's time with the Browns. This won't help smooth things over.

Sponsored

Sponsored

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Good Karma Brands? Lol

This may be a blessing in disguise for Grossi. I remember years ago he was a perfectly fine source for Browns news, but l think years of reporting on ineptitude has really ground him down. A change of pace may be refreshing for him.

Depends if he's "just" kicked off of WKNR, or he gets booted off of his ESPN gig totally. Wonder if this would include his Red Zone slot with Donovan and Dieken.  All dressed up and nowhere else to go. He's already personna non grata at the Plain Dealer and Cleveland.com   

2 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Odd choice of words, because I've seen Grossi in person and I'm 4-5 inches  taller than him.

And I'm 5'11 So..........

You're saying he's a f***ing midget? :D  Let's be politically correct and say he's altitudinally challenged.  

Tony apologizes...

CLEVELAND (WJW) — ESPN Cleveland 850’s Tony Grossi was suspended over a comment he made about Cleveland Browns QB Baker Mayfield on Tuesday at the NFL Combine.

Grossi, over a hot mic, reportedly referred to Mayfield as a “f***ing m*****.”

A short time after his suspension was announced, Grossi tweeted a statement, saying he’s “truly sorry” for his “choice of words.” (My take:  "Truly sorry for getting caught")

“I sincerely apologize for using a word that is a derogatory slur. There’s no excuse for using that language in any context. It was said without malice but also without thought.” (My take: Without malice my ass, you chicken shit!)

He went on to say he will “strive to be a better person and professional.” (My take: HAHA! In your next life Tony!)

Grossi apologized to Baker Mayfield, the Cleveland Browns, little people, Good Karma Brands and to his listeners. (My take: I'll bet he pee'd his pants while doing so!)

Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

It’s fucking 850 man, they are the equivalent of homeless people when it comes to Radio. I only listen to 92.3, I don’t bother with 850 cuz of shit precisely like this

Their problem is not so much this but it’s the overwhelming amount of commercials they run on that station. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Grossi is a joke in the sports media realm.

The Plain Dealer shit canned him for derogatory remarks about Randy Lerner.

One would think this dipshit could’ve learned something from his past mistakes. 

Grossi got shitcanned for saying, basically, that Randy Lerner was a waste of space as the Browns owner. 

I'm failing to find anything remotely incorrect about that. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Browns149 said:

I’d rather listen to an insensitive Grossi then Goldhummer.

That guy has ZERO talent and doesn’t belong on Cleveland radio

At least Grossi is genuine, believes what he says.  Goldhammer is a pandering a-hole,  a fraud, acts as though he roots for Cleveland teams, pretends to be disappointed when they lose, when you know inside he's happy as fuck... A lot of people don't buy into his act.

59 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Grossi is a joke in the sports media realm.

The Plain Dealer shit canned him for derogatory remarks about Randy Lerner.

One would think this dipshit could’ve learned something from his past mistakes. 

His only mistake was getting caught, because what he said about Lerner was true. Lerner had had better things to do, like go the England and root for his English soccer team.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

On the bright side...

A fresh fire may have just been lit under Baker's "fucking too close to the ground" ass... thanks, Tony...

I hope so.  The guy is becoming a fat ass like me.  He is a professional QB and about 40-45 years younger than I am.

I have an excuse.  Age tends to do that to people.  Lazy tends to do that to a 25  year old.

As for Grossi, I don't find anything wrong with saying Midget.

• Like 1

Any browns employee that walks to a microphone, you will see Peter John-Baptiste..Senior VP of Communications...Your job is to suspend Grossi no matter where he works at next.. this team needs no more drama in the locker room.. Enjoy a year off T.G.. 

48 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Any browns employee that walks to a microphone, you will see Peter John-Baptiste..Senior VP of Communications...Your job is to suspend Grossi no matter where he works at next.. this team needs no more drama in the locker room.. Enjoy a year off T.G.. 

Grossi isn’t employed by the team. He is employed by the station that is the ESPN affiliate of the team

My guess is he will be fired. But this is the same station that employs a noted BROWNS hater, that had to eat horse shit. 

I will be listening to 92.3 from now on. 
And I’m friends with Rizz. Sorry Tony

8 hours ago, Browns149 said:

I’d rather listen to an insensitive Grossi then Goldhummer.

That guy has ZERO talent and doesn’t belong on Cleveland radio

Gold hummer secretly  gives Big Ben hummers. He's a  Squealer  fan IIRC. 

11 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Telling the truth always gets you in trouble.

LOL! I had my 5'0" (used to be a "claimed" 5'1") wife at an outdoor Texas produce market one day and remarked, "Look dear, their selling your relatives!" It was a Texas Gulf Coast Shrimp display. This woman right next to me who was a complete stranger hits me on the arm and quickly realizes she has hit a stranger and says to my wife, "I did it for you!" My wife comes from a family of 4 girls plus their Mom & grandmother, none more than 5'4", most 5'2" at best. I was just being truthful is all.🦐😍

13 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Grossi got shitcanned for saying, basically, that Randy Lerner was a waste of space as the Browns owner. 

I'm failing to find anything remotely incorrect about that. 

...and Haslam is better?

Lerner stayed in the background.  That's what we actually want.