THE BROWNS BOARD

Viewing the NFL Combine

TexasAg1969

starting at 4PM Blows!! Took the week off, weeks ago, not seeing the time change yet. Sadly, my years of 'Nobodies Home' Bloody Mary morning scouting took a back seat to these tv rating mongrels..

Men across america will be asked to choose between a) a wife's stiff-y? or b.) viewing a hog molly in tights run a short shuttle? g2hQ.gif            

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

The NFL can make a prime time show out of anything 

We always hear, the medicals & interviews are the most important part to a teams GM at combine... but all player agents have a right to refuse any of them to release any of the real goods..fans are stuck guessing..I elect Hoorta to get into some Indy medical scrubs & Gipper to show up as our attorney, to handle the rights to interview with the right questioning 😂 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, gumby73 said:

starting at 4PM Blows!! Took the week off, weeks ago, not seeing the time change yet. Sadly, my years of 'Nobodies Home' Bloody Mary morning scouting took a back seat to these tv rating mongrels..

Men across america will be asked to choose between a) a wife's stiff-y? or b.) viewing a hog molly in tights run a short shuttle? g2hQ.gif            

Classic stuff Gumbs!  I just lost a mouth full of Stella on your  "Sadly, my years of 'Nobodies Home' Bloody Mary morning scouting"

• Upvote 1

I find most of it quite boring.  But I DO like to watch the Receivers.  I mean, you can either catch it or you can't.  I especially like the gauntlet.  Does he catch them? How fast and smooth does he run it?  One of the most effortless runs I ever saw was Emanuel Sanders.  He looked like he could do it with his eyes closed. -  Man was I pissed when the Steelers drafted him.

...after that, let me know who ran fast and who lifted a cow the highest...

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Didn't this start today?   I suppose today it was all just medical exams and interviews.  Nothing on field to see?   (I do not get NFL network, so I have nothing to see anyway)

The first BIG NEWS Gipper. Joe Burrow is Mr. Tiny Hands. Only measured 9". and that's right small.  Even midget Kyler Murray rates 1\2" bigger. FWIW Dak Prescott at 10.8" is almost 2" bigger. Some scouts consider that how well you can grip the ball in wet weather.  

7 minutes ago, hoorta said:

The first BIG NEWS Gipper. Joe Burrow is Mr. Tiny Hands. Only measured 9". and that's right small.  Even midget Kyler Murray rates 1\2" bigger. FWIW Dak Prescott at 10.8" is almost 2" bigger. Some scouts consider that how well you can grip the ball in wet weather.  

My hands are bigger than that. About 9 3/4ths to 10

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

The Movin' the Chains experts on NFL Net joked about that because you can't judge by hand size alone when you compare it to all the film. They see that as "smoke" from other teams wanting him to drop down from Cincy. "Ain't gonna happen" in their opinion. "Sometimes you can analyze yourself right out of the best player out there. What did he do in Ohio with that weather and what has he done at LSU? That's the only thing that really matters."

BTW he was a 1st team All-state point guard with an even larger ball. With 9 inch hands? Not possible.

lets see if this link will update thru-out today  https://pff.com/news/draft-2020-nfl-scouting-combine-results-live-updates   most all offensive measurements might finalize today? Maybe some QB's ball speeds? & maybe some bench numbers will start today & Wednesday? 

Here's some possible medical red flags? https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/nfl-combine-medical-injury-red-flags   

• Thanks 1

strolling thru players interviewed on Walt's site... Belicheck has rolled thru 29 combine interviews all ready..far more than any team.. one Tackle in Josh Jones.. Browns nobody posted as of yet..

DT & DE measurements are in.LB'ers next. Chase Young u man freak! The twitter verse now has OL showing up for medical.. All the biggie OT's have now spoken to the browns media, and they have confirmed talks to the Browns on Tuesday.. Most confirm it was a film session on good & bad tape..From Stef & AB's presser...made it sound like Joe Woods & Callahan are in Indy 👍 

3 hours ago, gumby73 said:

strolling thru players interviewed on Walt's site... Belicheck has rolled thru 29 combine interviews all ready..far more than any team.. one Tackle in Josh Jones.. Browns nobody posted as of yet..

As someone called it:  speed dating.

BB probably just asked one question:   If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you want to be?

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Chase Young u man freak!

... and he's not working out. Another one skipping to his Pro Day.

If I were the NFL I'd tell prospects... if you want to attend for medicals, measurements and interviews, then unless you are medically DQ'd you have to do the drills... all the drills.

I forget the name, but I read about one kid who skipped the Sr. Bowl to prepare for the Combine and is now skipping the Combine drills.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

If I were the NFL I'd tell prospects... if you want to attend for medicals, measurements and interviews, then unless you are medically DQ'd you have to do the drills... all the drills.

I forget the name, but I read about one kid who skipped the Sr. Bowl to prepare for the Combine and is now skipping the Combine drills.

Thanks Tour! Commitment to do all drills would have to be in writing prior to invitation being finalized. If a player won't commit, pull the invitation & offer it to another kid who wants to go & fully participate.

Mike

• Thanks 1

The more I look the more I like Thomas at the head of this OT class... and he's still pretty raw.

Still think Wills has the highest floor.

Becton? Feet are fine in pass pro, but his punch is erratic. He doesn't move well in run blocking... seldom gets to 2nd level and never cuts off pursuit on his feet... he dives at ankles if play is away. I get no sense of ZBS promise. His stance, which he pops up and out of, is awful, so he doesn't drive block well either.

Still have work to do on Wirfs and Jones.

My dark-horse OT (RT) is officially Peart.

Condensing my man crib notes from a late night 😴 (if there's a football god? 🙏 get this off your prime time hour events, amen)

1) Am a TE guy. I get those guys off my chest first. and I get why that group was chosen 'The Warm-up band'..... It's not a great TE draft class....

2) But lets squeeze some Lemons🍋

Mitchell Wilcox...If by chance you now record this prime tv event? Wilcox blew at every "on the field drill' known to man tights since 2 decades of my TE combine viewing.. good leg explosion drills in high jump & broad, but Take a Firm 'PASS'

3) I wanted to get Hyped on tThad Moss train..but that got derailed till his pro day.(maybe?). which just lost steam, to a broken wrist..6-8 weeks & if only we had a 5th rd.pick.

4) Kmet & TE-Oh(kwuegbunam) can't be a draft need till we maybe hit rounds 6 or 7 imo..they will be gone..TE Oh, can fly at great TE size, but why no on field drills? can he block? don't know, i don't tape work guys going that high pending our needs..

5) We hired a coach that has ties to Jared Pinkney* at Vandy..His drills showed his bubble butt, awkwardly* throws him out of balance on his routes..His tape matches, but he looks like a willing blocker, that i may run some other gametape on.. overall Jared seems very average at best..

6) So in ending, i got what i needed to see out of the Combine drills..Now to mix in some tape & combine number crunching  still left.. My serious TE man Crush list found some newbie's

a) LSU - Steven Sullivan & Wash-Bryant Hunter--Both had silky smooth combine..both should add some nfl adult bulk to block.. 

b) Dayton's Adam Trautman & Cinn. Josiah Deguara--Both carry the TE bulk that above don't have..might be a tick slower, but have the raw physical traits of a Zach Ertz or a Todd Heap.. 

once the combine dust settles? Let's see whom may fall to rounds 6 or 7.. and does drafting any TE, really improve the 4 horseman group?  

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

LSU - Steven Sullivan

Kid has caught my eye as of late. Looks like a decent late round consolation prize, but needs a lot of work if he's to become an in-line contributor.

Which is why I like Adam "I'd rather make a key block than catch a TD" Trautman...

I came across this interesting comment in senior draft analyst Charlie Campbell's mock draft pick for walterfootball:

10. brownsb_logo.gif Cleveland Browns: Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville Louisville_logo.gif

Cleveland owner Jimmy Haslam enjoyed going 1-31 so much that he brought back Andrew Berry to help reproduce that magic with holdover fraud Paul Depodesta. Thus, Cleveland will shy away from drafting good football players like Denzel Ward or Nick Chubb in favor of prospects who score well in analytics. Fortunately for their fans, the Browns may not be able to screw up their first-round pick if they draft one of the top three offensive tackles, as Andrew Thomas, Mekhi Becton and Jedrick Wills are all safe picks to be good pros.

On 2/26/2020 at 1:30 PM, Tour2ma said:

It's a business, my brother. Why workout if there is no upside. Young is going 2nd overall, why risk anything?

14 hours ago, Icecube said:

It's a business, my brother. Why workout if there is no upside. Young is going 2nd overall, why risk anything?

Understood, my man.... and if I were Young (or possibly even young), then I'd hate my idea, but...

... the NFL is in the entertainment industry... it was late February and I wanted to be entertained.

Now... get off my lawn!

• Haha 1