THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Board Mock Draft

The Gipper

Top Ten Available  after 44 picks  per CBS Sports:  (I am going to redo these to reflect their overall prospect number:

24.  Jonathan Taylor  RB  Wisconsin

37. Noah Igbinoghene  CB  Auburn

38. Brandon Aiyuk  WR   Ariz. St.

39.  Jacob Eason  QB  Washingtion

43. Denzel Mims  WR  Baylor

45. Jalen Raegor  WR  TCU

46. Terrell Lewis  Edge   Alabama

48. Curtis Weaver  Edge   Boise St. 

49. Ezra Cleveland  OL  Boise St.

50. Josh  Uche  Edge  Michigan

51. JK  Dobbins  RB  Ohio St. 

55. Cam Akers  RB  Florida St.

56. Marlon Davidson   DL Auburn

6 hours ago, darren15 said:

The Seahawks don't technically have an immediate need on the offensive line

So.. Out of BJ Finney / Cedric Ogbuehi / Brandon Shell / Chance Warmack.. they have one legit starter - Finney.

The others fit the definition of the pu-pu platter - a whole lot of very little.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Atlanta Falcons Damon Arnette CB  OSU  I have no idea why CBS doesn't have him up there like other sites do in the Mid-40 pick range.  I think he's better than Auburn's who drafttek rates way later.

I was so tempted to pull Arnette on the Panthers 2nd round pick... your right, and CBS ain't the only ones not seeing it.. Arnette should be the 4th best corner in draft from the factory of corners..Buckeye U..

36 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Jets. Jalen Reagor WR TCU.  Area of need and a speedy weapon for Darnold.  Return guy too.  

tOSU Micheal Thomas went pick 47... Reagor won't have Brees, nor Thomas size, but this kid has that same star written all over him..nice pick 

For the first time in a couple years, the Eagles plan to not start UDFA's at WR for the last several games

Brandon Aiyuk, WR, Arizona State

They also need LB's, but nobody's available who should be picked in round 2.

So....you decided to take WRs in both first and second round for Eagles?

Top Ten Available per CBS Sports (after 53 picks)....number is their overall rank for all players per CBS:

39. Jacob Eason  QB  Washington

48. Curtis Weaver  Edge  Boise St.

49.  Ezra Cleveland  OT  Boise St.

50.  Josh Uche  Edge  Michigan

52.  JK Dobbins  RB  Ohio St.

55. Cam Akers  RB  FSU

56. Marlon Davidson  DL  Auburn

57. Jaylon Johnson CB Utah

58. Prince Tega Wanogho  OL Auburn

59. KJ  Hamler   WR  Penn St.

Eagles WR room has been a hot mess for years.. i really think this will happen because neither Jeffery nor Jackson can stay healthy.. Jackson played in only 3 games, Jeffery missed all of 3 and parts of nearly all the rest before going on IR on 11/6.

Message sent to Darren

EDIT: I hadn't even seen this, but the Eagles will designate Jeffery as a June 1 cut - making this even more likely

• Upvote 1

Top Ten Available   after completion of Round 2  per CBS Sports  (64 picks)

39.  Jacob Eason  QB  Washington

52. JK Dobbins  RB   Ohio St.

62. Netane Muti  OL  Fresno St.

63. Cameron Dantzier  CB  Mississippi St.

64. Lucas Niang  OL  TCU

66. Bryan Edwards  WR  South Carolina

67.  Cesar Ruiz  OL  Michigan

Just now, The Gipper said:

Depends on the continued interest of everyone. 

With LA Chargers and Miami Dolphins, I still have 500 picks left.  😂 

Not sure I want to go that far 

9 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

You are being quarantined for like another month.  What else do you have to do? 

I’m not. I work at an “Essential” business. I’ve been working the entire time 

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

I think the Gov knows better than Restricting The Lawful sale of liquor and guns.  

Dewine does not....he has said he is not allowing the sale of alcohol.  What stupidity is that?    You can go to a store to buy food, but you can't buy a 6 pack of beer or a bottle of wine?  What kind of fucking agenda is he trying to follow?  Prohibition was overruled 90 years ago. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Dewine does not....he has said he is not allowing the sale of alcohol.  What stupidity is that?    You can go to a store to buy food, but you can't buy a 6 pack of beer or a bottle of wine?  What kind of fucking agenda is he trying to follow?  Prohibition was overruled 90 years ago. 

Not going to stop people from taking road trips to Pennsylvania -  just when they want people to stay at home.  

Im a responsible Drinker (weekend)I drink a tad more on Sundays during football season but when I heard a rumor that stuff was going down the first trip I made was to liquor store after I bought baby formula and diapers.  If I have sit at home for weeks which grinds my gears as it is let me drink a beer or take a shot a whiskey. 

That’s ridiculous. I can see Gavin Newsom pulling that too - maybe I’ll stock up. 

7 hours ago, darren15 said:

Browns 149 x2 then Gumby again...

I pm'd 149 after panthers pick...but it was going on midnight...🛌.. and No! Woody you may not get pm's.I asked after working,, got nothing, so i deleted from wrong comment topic...so check the draft board during Cal poly board-wars... :D.. 

25 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

I pm'd 149 after panthers pick...but it was going on midnight...🛌.. and No! Woody you may not get pm's.I asked after working,, got nothing, so i deleted from wrong comment topic...so check the draft board during Cal poly board-wars... :D.. 

Cal's kind of in a truce right now. There is pre and post virus thingy going on these days. Making us all a little more civil to one another. 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Cal's kind of in a truce right now. There is pre and post virus thingy going on these days. Making us all a little more civil to one another. 😁

see post in cooking thread...I got church at Noon.🍺.may need to send proxy to you...

1 hour ago, Browns149 said:

Anyone have a best left list updated now?

We are on pick 70

Top Ten Available    per CBS Sports  (64 picks)

39.  Jacob Eason  QB  Washington

52. JK Dobbins  RB   Ohio St.

62. Netane Muti  OL  Fresno St.

63. Cameron Dantzier  CB  Mississippi St.

64. Lucas Niang  OL  TCU

68.  Brycen Hopkins TE  Purdue

69. Michael Pittman Jr.  WR  USC

16 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

The Lawful sale of liquor and guns.  

And what more natural combination could there be... :)

Could always amend the 2nd...

At first glance it looks like Neil Diamond is channeling his inner Willie...

... and that' not in reference to my suspicion that Neil has had a Willie or two in him.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Malik Harrison

Football IQ - Has really turned the corner over his last 18 games or so to become a faster flowing player. Love his reactive quickness as gaps uncover between the tackles. His quick read and reaction can bite him from time to time on trick plays. 

Tackling - He's a physical finisher, really good grip strength and wrap/roll ability to wrangle ball carriers. Closing burst is good and he does do a good job coming to balance when working off blocks to ensure he's able to finish challenges in the gap. 

Block Shedding - His ability to unload and coil into shedding reps is strong and allows him to stand up offensive linemen and neutralize forward push effectively. Good hand pop — he doesn't have elite length but his unload and coil into blocks offsets well enough for him to stack/extend. 

Competitive Toughness - Boomer, plays with a physical presence and thrives when teams try to come down hill at him and play man on man. Appreciate his motor, range and effort to work back into plays as a rally defender and shows good functional strength and leverage to stalemate bigger blockers. 

Lateral Mobility - He's smooth in short spaces and when needing to make modest alignment adjustments. Asking him to pivot quickly or mirror one on one in space with shifty backs and he better have leverage on the play or he's going to fight ability to mirror in space. 

Coverage Skills - He's only marginal here, executes basic drops well but his anticipation or feel of routes from across the set working into his area needs to improve — he'd have a few picks to his name if this area was more developed. Wouldn't endorse him in man to man coverage role. 

Gap Shooting Ability - Has come alive here in 2019 and seen his TFL production take off. Good but not elite first step and now that he's seeing things faster he'll play through late challenges and square up the ball carrier in the backfield. He's got enough burst to win off the second level. 

Feet/COD - He doesn't have overly dynamic hinge or spring when you ask him to stick his foot in the ground. Much better with rolling momentum coming downhill to fold behind his DT and exchange gaps. Sideline to sideline range his questionable — he's likely better protected in odd fronts. 

Flexibility - He's linear. Doesn't show ability to hinge open and flow as a means of carrying routes across the set, not does he have the burst and range to scrape over the top of plays and go sideline to sideline. Play him between the numbers and you'll be fine. 

First Step Quickness - He does have some juice. When he's confident and sees the play developing, he's capable of getting there in a hurry and overtaking blockers and beating angles from the POA. Has some second level blitz abilities to attack on delayed stunts. 

---

Best Trait - Tackling

Worst Trait - Coverage Skills

Best Film - Penn State (2019)

Worst Film - Indiana (2019)

Red Flags - None

Summary - Malik Harrison projects as a starting MIKE at the NFL level, although his impact in the passing game is going to be marginal compared to the value he brings against the run. A physical thumper in down hill situations and does a wonderful job stuffing up blocks and keying opportunities to stack/shed or shoot gaps and attack the mesh point. An early down player for most teams but with more development in zone he could see his snap share raise in time. 

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I chose Harrison over Troy Dye of Oregon at this spot   #74...because while Dye may rate slightly higher, and be better at coverage,    Harrison was the better Thumper,  which the Browns need more IMO.

Great pick.  I think his game translates well to the NFL 

Top Ten Available after 75 picks   per CBS Sports:

39.  Jacob Eason  QB Washington

62. Netane Muti  OL   Fresno St.

68. Brycen Hopkins  TE  Purdue

69. Michael Pittman  WR  USC

72. Jordan Elliott  DL Missouri

73. Terrell Burgess DL Utah

74. Nick Harris OL  Washington

76. Akeem Davis-Gaither  LB  Appalachian St.

77. Hunter Bryant  TE Washington