THE BROWNS BOARD

Mock Drafts Thread

Westside Steve

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

I like the way you think... and not just because I agree with you...

Well mostly for that reason actually... ;)

Too bad these posts are dated. Otherwise I could accuse you of stealing my ideas 😂

So if we are right we get to puff our chests out for a week, right?

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I like the way you think... and not just because I agree with you...

Well mostly for that reason actually... ;)

However there is a lot out there saying TB wants to move ahead of us to get one of those OTs which they also are desperate to fill.

3 hours ago, Barry said:

So if we are right we get to puff our chests out for a week, right?

A week?

Sheeeeeeet... I'm good for months... at least until the evidence starts to literally play out.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I like the positions targeted & when here... https://cleveland.com/browns/2020/04/a-tackle-help-on-defense-and-the-cleveland-browns-perfect-nfl-draft-2020.html  a few more names may also fall into this position plan..but let the talent lead you to the links position plan, say about Rd.3   

I didn't bother, and won't bother doing a mock this year.    Mostly because of the reasons the above post describes.   This is going to be an odd year and every year that isn't this one, some GM somewhere always makes a pick which turns everyone's head.     I expect several of those Thusday night. 

tua at 2 ? I say yes washington could still find a play maker at 5 or 6 and need help on both sides of the line

side note: tua at 2 would pay off very well if you like to gamble

twas the night before the draft and  no one seems a lurking with thoughts of linemen or safties in their head Gip would like a LB that could kill off lamer's head  Tour would like a trade down if we traded for williams that was said as for the rest of Fuck i dunno lets just hope we do not draft a mandarich

2 hours ago, ATOM said:

tua at 2 ? I say yes washington could still find a play maker at 5 or 6 and need help on both sides of the line

side note: tua at 2 would pay off very well if you like to gamble

The kid is made of glass and got what, a 12 on the intelligence test? 

Hard pass, if it were me. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ATOM said:

twas the night before the draft and 

We're psyched for the draft...so we can see what new players may not even play this year.

I think we're 'conditioned' by so many years of anticipating the draft since October(s)....having the #1 pick, or the #2, #3 or #4....and the 22nd.  Except THIS year it's the closest thing there is to 'sports' activity.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ATOM said:

twas the night before the draft and  no one seems a lurking with thoughts of linemen or safties in their head Gip would like a LB that could kill off lamer's head  Tour would like a trade down if we traded for williams that was said as for the rest of Fuck i dunno lets just hope we do not draft a mandarich

I would go for the trade down also if we got Williams.   What would that trade be for?  Two first rounders?  Or at least one lower in round one and another at top of round 2......without giving up  #41.      Then we could get  the LB,  S....and whatever else we need....if we had  3 picks in the top 41. 

On Vixens.....3 of them:

article-0-1C3AF0E100000578-286_634x688.j

Above could be the most detached mock of the entire silly-season.

Mekhi Becton is possibly the best left tackle in the draft, at worst he's second best. He has elite footwork and technique.

... and yet we land him at pick #30?

lol... Calls for that pic of Gipper standing next to Ricardo Montalban.

And our reward for trading down 20 spots from 10 to 30? A late 2nd and a 5th....

Then we get a 3rd for letting NYJ move up 7 spots in the 2nd?

The player selections are nearly as funny.

13 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I would go for the trade down also if we got Williams.   What would that trade be for?  Two first rounders?  Or at least one lower in round one and another at top of round 2......without giving up  #41.      Then we could get  the LB,  S....and whatever else we need....if we had  3 picks in the top 41. 

On Vixens.....3 of them:

article-0-1C3AF0E100000578-286_634x688.j

Is that from a movie ?

22 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

The kid is made of glass and got what, a 12 on the intelligence test? 

Hard pass, if it were me. 

i keep hearing miami wants to trade up to 3 I am gonna put a bet down that it is tua  also gonna bet the under at6.5 on o linemen taken in the first round

30 minutes ago, ATOM said:

i keep hearing miami wants to trade up to 3

Rumor was going around that MIA wanted the #3 to pair with their #5 plus a future #1 or #1s to pry the 2020 #1 overall away from Cinci...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Apparently Miami want to get above NYG for their LT at #3, but where's the QB.....?

If still have the #5 there...

5 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Now that NYG took Thomas, looks like either Wills or Wirfs may fall.. don't think anyone saw Wirfs available at 10.  

You say that like it's a good thing...