THE BROWNS BOARD

Cuts and cap space

Westside Steve

1 hour ago, Bigalow80 said:

Remember they are going to be changing to a much more zone blocking type of scheme. Kush may not fit into that role as well. No qualms with whom they released. Carrie was a nice bonus to have and a great teammate but not at that salary. 

Carrie:   a Moneyball casualty. 

And you may be right about Kush....but don't expect this FO to go out and get high dollar or "highly valued"  FAs.....it is not a part of their plan to do that. 

1 hour ago, LBC mike said:

Here are some good options to spend some of that money.

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2020/02/19/cleveland-browns-2020-free-agency-9-prime-targets/

I hate click bait/slide show articles like that.  Nevertheless, I think it appropriate to list the guys being mentioned there:

Brandon Scherff   OG

Arik Armstead   DL

Austin Hooper TE

Jack Conklin OT

Kendall Fuller  Slot CB

Case Keenum QB....?????  (I guess because he worked with Stefanski in Minn.)

Jimmy Ward  S/CB

Ha Ha Clinton-Dix  Safety

Karl Joseph  Safety

But the worst part of that article is that on at least 2-3 occasions he refers to the Browns new DC as  Joe Berry   (Joe Woods)

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

I hate click bait/slide show articles like that.  Nevertheless, I think it appropriate to list the guys being mentioned there:

Brandon Scherff   OG

Arik Armstead   DL

Austin Hooper TE

Jack Conklin OT

Kendall Fuller  Slot CB

Case Keenum QB....?????  (I guess because he worked with Stefanski in Minn.)

Jimmy Ward  S/CB

Ha Ha Clinton-Dix  Safety

Karl Joseph  Safety

But the worst part of that article is that on at least 2-3 occasions he refers to the Browns new DC as  Joe Berry   (Joe Woods)

I like Conklin and Ha Ha the most out of all those. Immediate help in places of need.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Bigalow80 said:

Remember they are going to be changing to a much more zone blocking type of scheme. Kush may not fit into that role as well.

Bingo...

I've been looking at an Oregon OG, Shane Lemieux, as a Rnd 4 prospect. Kid may be one of the best moving OGs in this draft.