THE BROWNS BOARD

trade Njoku?

Westside Steve

From Discover on Google https://itsgame7.com/cleveland-browns-trading-first-round-draft-pick/

I don't think this is a particularly good idea I've always liked the guy. If you didn't get along with Freddy he can have a fresh start right here.

If he already has his own thread you can move this.

WSS

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

From Discover on Google https://itsgame7.com/cleveland-browns-trading-first-round-draft-pick/

I don't think this is a particularly good idea I've always liked the guy. If you didn't get along with Freddy he can have a fresh start right here.

If he already has his own thread you can move this.

WSS

"But given the fact that Cleveland is probably not going to get an offer like that any time soon, it is probably a safe bet that Njoku is going to be sticking around for a while." 

Good. I prefer the new coaches give both him and Baker a shot to change everything from last year. They have a better chance working towards that same goal together IMO.

Kitchens lost his team - and Njoku has serious skills. A few times, I thought maybe trading him would be a good idea,

but this coaching staff will do right by NJoku. He will come back strong, he wants to be on the field.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I’ve said this a few times on here...he’s seemingly good for a drop, a dumb penalty and A Key missed block - but every so often he sprinkles in that 2018 red zone magic and high points a throw in the corner of the end zone.  Another thing, He makes me nervous as heck when handles a ball although ball security hasn’t been a huge issue with him 

i think he’s working on the football IQ aspect but I think the next team that provides the next contract probably benefits from it.

at the end of the day...I Probably draft his replacement and I definitely field offers for this year but I certainly would not want to pay him his next contract and even compete with some team that sees his “potential”.

The Ravens showed that as many as three TEs can get plenty of playing time, and the stats show that Mayfield is successful with 1 RB/2 TE sets...

Keep Njoku, coach him up and add a couple more TEs through the draft and free agency. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

The Ravens showed that as many as three TEs can get plenty of playing time, and the stats show that Mayfield is successful with 1 RB/2 TE sets...

Keep Njoku, coach him up and add a couple more TEs through the draft and free agency. 

Let's see they have a couple of go fast guys, a couple good hands guys, uhhh what's missing?  Oh yeah a couple of big guys that can block and/or catch first downs and TDs.

As long as Njoku is near 100% it's a no brainier.