Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MLD Woody

Cal Calling TexasAg a Coward and a Liar

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Tex was giving me crap, and I ended up calling

one of his post's points "cowardly". I did not call him a coward. Go back and look. But he went liberal fake victim, and declared I called him a coward.

I can see where my description of you being a "fool" could be interpreted to mean as in stupid and should have been clarified more accurately, if you can see that calling my post "cowardly" implies that I am a coward and also should have been clarified as to it's intent. "What we have here is failure to communicate".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I can see where my description of you being a "fool" could be interpreted to mean as in stupid and should have been clarified more accurately, if you can see that calling my post "cowardly" implies that I am a coward and also should have been clarified as to it's intent. "What we have here is failure to communicate".

Sorry if you thought I was implying that you were a coward, but that isn't true. How can you call someone who served our country in battle a coward? that is stupid. As stupid, maybe, as implying that I never did anything courageous because I was never in a battle zone.

   I will say this - Canton Mike was also active duty - battlefield in Vietnam. You ridiculed his Granddaughter - he isn't posting any more. There was NO reason for that, Tex.

   Some years ago, I was out planting tomatoes, and it got dark and started to rain, and I finally quit. Well, we had just gotten back from visiting friends in N.C....we take turns hosting back and forth, like family... I turned off my headlamp, and went to walk back to the house, and in one half second, I slipped in mud and fell on my elbow. I go in the house, running cold water on my face, and keeping quiet - (I completely tore a rotator cuff in two). My Wife was on the phone in our bedroom, and she came running in. I was too quiet - she knew something was really wrong. lol

Had some great surgery to put it back together, and started throwing hay bales again.

   That doesn't make me a faller. Never fell again. Is "faller" a word??

   I'm a retired corporate programmer/analyst-business analyst - I'm analytical to a fault.  But I've learned to stymie that a bit. If I say something stupid, which happens once in a while, does that imply I'm always stupid?

   Well, no, but there are posters who knee jerk badly about judging other people for NO reason at all....with very negative implications all the time. Screwing with people. OBF left -

   If someone asks me why I would say a stupid thing, most of the time I can go back and find all that I read, and all I've experienced in life, and explain why I see things the way I do. It doesn't mean I'm right, it just means I disagree, and why.

   It's too bad - we have so much in common, experienced so much - could have been friends, trading some great stories we would never tell online, around a campfire and a cold root beer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean I literally have it quoted in the OP of this thread...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I mean I literally have it quoted in the OP of this thread...

because it has nothing to do with you, BJ, but you are too immature to mind your own business? Maybe YOU think Tex can't fight his own battles?

BJ stands for...

bird junk? bird ....

I'll have to ask Axe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Sorry if you thought I was implying that you were a coward, but that isn't true. How can you call someone who served our country in battle a coward? that is stupid. As stupid, maybe, as implying that I never did anything courageous because I was never in a battle zone.

   I will say this - Canton Mike was also active duty - battlefield in Vietnam. You ridiculed his Granddaughter - he isn't posting any more. There was NO reason for that, Tex.

Really? I ridiculed his granddaughter? If I did I certainly never intended to do so. I will send Mike a PM, find out what I said that was seen as ridicule and apologize profusely because I like Mike. In fact I think I will just call him since I have his tel. # and say it in person. To me this sounds like another misunderstood communication because I never would intentionally do that. One of the reasons my siblings and I now do most of our communication by Zoom every other week is because things said in email were incorrectly stated or incorrectly interpreted.

EDIT: I called him and he was in the middle of transferring a patient. I will call him tonight after 6 EDT when he's home. I told him I felt I owed him an apology and would explain later.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mike and I had a very excellent conversation for about an hour and as I thought there had been a miscommunication (mostly on my part) that Mike took differently than I ever intended. I apologized for what I said since I then understood how he took it at that time. Mike very graciously accepted my apology and when he is next down this way we will be getting together.  The issue itself is not important, but talking it out as friends certainly is.

Thanks cal for bringing it to my attention. Otherwise I would have been oblivious to the fact something I said here was being heard differently than what was meant by me. Mike's a great guy and he assures me that you are too. That goes a long way in my book. I respect his opinions greatly.

  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Mike and I had a very excellent conversation for about an hour and as I thought there had been a miscommunication (mostly on my part) that Mike took differently than I ever intended. I apologized for what I said since I then understood how he took it at that time. Mike very graciously accepted my apology and when he is next down this way we will be getting together.  The issue itself is not important, but talking it out as friends certainly is.

Thanks cal for bringing it to my attention. Otherwise I would have been oblivious to the fact something I said here was being heard differently than what was meant by me. Mike's a great guy and he assures me that you are too. That goes a long way in my book. I respect his opinions greatly.

Thanks Bill. As we discussed, "perception" can be an awful thing & mine was wrong. I DO appreciate your call(s) & there has been no damage to our friendship.

To others...Cal IS a great guy & good friend. I don't discuss politics with anyone, but (IMO) this political forum could go "bye-bye".

Mike

  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×