THE BROWNS BOARD

The Browns Hire Asshat Grigson Back As Consultant!

nickers

3 hours ago, nickers said:

Yeah, reported it in another thread. My feelings are similar. 🙊 Why not hire a trained monkey instead?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Next up:  Mike Lombardi ?

We can bring Sashi back to shine shoes and give team haircuts at a discount...

• Haha 1

Berry sat in the same 2018 pre-draft room with John Dorsey.. Might have been the best draft we have had since 1999? Dorsey brought in Scot McCloughan that draft, as a personal consultant to scout any players game tape with a high tech video machine called a Rodeo..The Rodeo could take you to a specific scouting play by simply controlling 3 buttons & your game scouting notes & players name..

Scot McCloughan was the guy to hire for this spot, imho.. but no, Grigson is who Berry chose to know..

In Berry's own presser words "We will be a scouting hub centered front office" In my own words "that depends on how many football bro's you know at your age of 32"   

This organization hasn't lost they're compass.. They can't even find one.. I have 0 faith in this group of hacks... They just continue to shit on us.. And sheeple keep buying the tickets...

2 hours ago, nickers said:

This organization hasn't lost they're compass.. They can't even find one.. I have 0 faith in this group of hacks... They just continue to shit on us.. And sheeple keep buying the tickets...

Listen, I'd bet you and me, Nickers, could do better. Scoff all you want 😁

• Thanks 1

It seems Jimmy and Dee are committed to shitting on us fans by gracing us with these two fools (Berry and Grigson) To once again ensure we are the laughing stock of the NFL Ad Nauseum...

7 hours ago, Orion said:

That's absolutely brilliant!   When you don't know what to do, you consult with Grigson and do the opposite.  Simple!

That's pretty close to what I was thinking.

Mike

4 hours ago, ballpeen said:

I don't have a problem with it.  Embrace the Browns way.

So I guess that means you settle for garbage , then....

10 hours ago, nickers said:

The team is owned by idiots. And idiots do idiotic things. All they need now is Huey and Sashi and they can go 1-31 again

While Einstein might have never said this (there is a debate on that), it still holds true for this team

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results”

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nickers said:

So I guess that means you settle for garbage , then....

Not at all.

Berry knows and trusts this guy.  Sorry if you don't approve.  

We needed a helping hand.  We are probably a little behind the 8-ball on time.  Right now Berry and Stefanski have to spend their time grading out current team players,  Who we want to keep and who we want to replace or who we will release.  Also decide who we will go after in FA.  That begins March 8th, so that has to be their focus for the next 2-3 weeks.

As I see it, Grigson and Depo with finish up the initial board.  Not that they are setting the board.  All the final scouting reports are now in.  Geig and Depo will rank all the draftable players based on the scouting report grades.  Any player graded undraftable are possibly UDFA candidates after the draft.  They will get that sorted out...as a overall board and then the individual position group boards.

The combine will determine who needs to drop in ranking and who needs to be dropped off the board.  Maybe a few players bump up on their own, plus some of the guy who didn't make the initial board might get on the board.

Then, all can get together for hours to discuss the players, why we want this guy or why we don't want this guy.  Depo drops his info on various players, scouting directors advocate for or against a player...then the final board is set.

I hope we stick to the board, especially early.  I see it this way on the draft.  There will be 3 QB selected before our pick at #10, so we really get to pick one of the 7 best non-QBs in the draft.  At least one OT will be drafted before our pick.  I know people want a tackle, but when you start looking at boards across the net, can you honestly say there are two tackles in the top 7 players?    

I read a good article, I will try to find and post.  It graded player as super star potential, day one potential and so on down to undraftable.  This was from a football guy.  If we are there and pass on a player with a potential superstar grade to take a day one starter because he fills a OT need, we are making a big mistake.

I don't know who gets those grades and don't know there aren't 2-3 tackles with the highest grade range.  Basically it said if multiple players at different positions are inside the various grading ranges, select the player of need in that range.  If you don't, don't go to the next range down to fill a need.  As you get to the 2nd round on down, the players inside a grading range increases each round. You will almost always be able to draft for need.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

The team is owned by idiots. And idiots do idiotic things. All they need now is Huey and Sashi and they can go 1-31 again

While Einstein might have never said this (there is a debate on that), it still holds true for this team

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results”

Sorry man.  Haslam isn't a idiot.  It is also a very different situation then 3-4 years ago.

We were in draft asset accumulation mode.  We aren't there today.  Everybody knows we have a better team than our record shows.  Had the Boob Dorsey not hired the Boob Kitchens, we might have been a playoff team last year.  But....Doofus wanted a yes man and hired a guy way out of his class....and I like Freddie.  Freddie isn't a head coach.  Freddie is a damn good assistant coach who is going to make a very nice living for as long as he wants.  He knows how to coach the positions on O, and he is a likeable guy.  People will listen to him, but he isn't a manager, and at head coach, you have to be a skilled manager.

Dorsey is kind of the opposite.  He is a good manager, but nobody who works with him, likes him.  Asshole probably best describes his management style.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

Sorry man.  Haslam isn't a idiot.  It is also a very different situation then 3-4 years ago.

We were in draft asset accumulation mode.  We aren't there today.  Everybody knows we have a better team than our record shows.  Had the Boob Dorsey not hired the Boob Kitchens, we might have been a playoff team last year.  But....Doofus wanted a yes man and hired a guy way out of his class....and I like Freddie.  Freddie isn't a head coach.  Freddie is a damn good assistant coach who is going to make a very nice living for as long as he wants.  He knows how to coach the positions on O, and he is a likeable guy.  People will listen to him, but he isn't a manager, and at head coach, you have to be a skilled manager.

Dorsey is kind of the opposite.  He is a good manager, but nobody who works with him, likes him.  Asshole probably best describes his management style.

So if we were in a draft accumulation mode last time these people were here, why hire them now? We need people that know how to win, not tear a team down and rebuild it

While I agree Freddie is not a head coach, who knows if Stafaski is either? Just because people say he will be doesn’t make it so. See Huey

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

So if we were in a draft accumulation mode last time these people were here, why hire them now? We need people that know how to win, not tear a team down and rebuild it

While I agree Freddie is not a head coach, who knows if Stafaski is either? Just because people say he will be doesn’t make it so. See Huey

We don't know if Stefanski is a head coach.  That is the question we will have to let play out.

I guess my answer to the other question is we didn't allow those who had to take apart, rebuild.

We don't know if they can't, right?  You can't rebuild and tear down at the same time.  Plus, Hue was really bad at head coach..  We could have won more games than we did.

11 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

We don't know if Stefanski is a head coach.  That is the question we will have to let play out.

I guess my answer to the other question is we didn't allow those who had to take apart, rebuild.

We don't know if they can't, right?  You can't rebuild and tear down at the same time.  Plus, Hue was really bad at head coach..  We could have won more games than we did.

The 2 drafts that these people did have were TERRIBLE. 

3 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

I might disagree.  I might also add that with all the Picks Jon had, they weren't all that good.

We will just have to disagree.

But I’m of the opinion that more Browns fans are very skeptical of this garbage then except what they are doing is going to work

12 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

We will just have to disagree.

But I’m of the opinion that more Browns fans are very skeptical of this garbage then except what they are doing is going to work

Cool.  I respect other opinions.  I know we have never talked that I can recall other than lately.  I am a come and go poster.  I have been here a good while.  I am friends with many of the Mods and others.  They might disagree with some of my opinions, but they know I am a true fan and a fun guy to have at the tailgate.

Any who want to vouch are welcomed.  Heck, when I first met Westside Steve, the SOB reached out a kissed me on the lips.  Still not sure how I feel about that.   LOL

3 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Cool.  I respect other opinions.  I know we have never talked that I can recall other than lately.  I am a come and go poster.  I have been here a good while.  I am friends with many of the Mods and others.  They might disagree with some of my opinions, but they know I am a true fan and a fun guy to have at the tailgate.

Any who want to vouch are welcomed.  Heck, when I first met Westside Steve, the SOB reached out a kissed me on the lips.  Still not sure how I feel about that.   LOL

So...you didn't have your Gaydar activated?  Now you know what I have been putting up with since 1967.  :o

16 hours ago, Orion said:

That's absolutely brilliant!   When you don't know what to do, you consult with Grigson and do the opposite.  Simple!

Saw this blurb on USA Today.  We can only hope this is the case....  

"The exact nature of Grigson’s role is unknown. He does have GM experience and knows Berry, so he could have value as a sounding board and mentor for the precocious new head of the Browns operations. Based on his career as a talent evaluator, Grigson probably shouldn’t have much to do with actual scouting or decision-making."

He's only going to be one voice in the room anyway when it comes to talent evaluation- I'm sure everyone else there is well aware of the Trent Richardson fiasco, and him forgetting a decent OL was a good idea, instead of sending Andrew Luck into early retirement. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Who knows if that is what will happen.   Maybe they/we will all get lucky and have a repeat of the Steelers 1974 draft.

OK, trivia question:   what is it about the Steelers 1974 draft that makes me say that?

It was good? 

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Based on his career as a talent evaluator, Grigson probably shouldn’t have much to do with actual scouting or decision-making."

Basically, I'm having less and less faith in our new front office. 

After Richardson had floundered for a year in Indy Grigson said that he would absolutely make the trade all over again.  And when news of Berry (part of our 1-31 gang) agreeing to be our GM broke, the Eagles couldn't drive him to the airport fast enough. (I forget which media person reported that on 92 The Fan  -  Chris SomethingOrOther)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Orion said:

Basically, I'm having less and less faith in our new front office. 

After Richardson had floundered for a year in Indy Grigson said that he would absolutely make the trade all over again.  And when news of Berry (part of our 1-31 gang) agreeing to be our GM broke, the Eagles couldn't drive him to the airport fast enough. (I forget which media person reported that on 92 The Fan  -  Chris SomethingOrOther)

Beyond a doubt- this sort of stuff seriously concerns me.  

Regarding Betelguese going supernova in our lifetime, it would be quite a show. Might be visible in the daytime? Get real- easily visible in the daytime, even in the summer with the sun close by. Some estimates say as bright as the full moon, but still a relative pinpoint of light. The one thing missing on my lifetime Astronomy resume. We're overdue for a supernova in our galaxy. The last, Tycho's star- was over 500 years ago. Two bright comets- Hyakutake and Hale-Bopp, and three total solar eclipses. Well, that and if we have another Leonid meteor shower like back in the 1800s.  They were coming down so fast they couldn't be counted. Eyewitnesses said it looked like it was  a major snowstorm coming out of the sky.