Jump to content
nickers

Myles Garrett Reinstated

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, nickers said:

He's not sponge worthy..

FIFY🧐😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, The Gipper said:

You  don't have a fucking clue.  So you think that while Rudolph was trying to rip Garrett's helmet off, and then kicking him in the groin, that he was as silent as a lamb?   No. If you think that, you are stupid.  And, making an excuse for potentially racist behavior.  (which may be your ultimate motive)

Of course it is. Are we really debating this Gip? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Of course it is. Are we really debating this Gip? 

He seems to be 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, The Gipper said:

See your logic is twisted. Just because if Rudolph had not pursued him still does not mean he did not use the N-word

Lol...true it doesn't mean he didn't use the word, but that does not constitute my logic as being twisted in the least.

There is one fact about this incident that cannot be refuted. No player on either team heard Rudolf saying anything racist. The behavior of both players as described was only meant to help to support that fact, not prove it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gorka said:

It's highly likely he did say something, but highly unlikely it was the N word.

What?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ex-Browns GM John Dorsey says Myles Garrett told him right away Mason Rudolph used racial slur

https://www.beaconjournal.com/sports/20200217/ex-browns-gm-john-dorsey-says-myles-garrett-told-him-right-away-mason-rudolph-used-racial-slur

On Monday, Dorsey told the Beacon Journal in text messages it’s “correct” and “it’s the truth” that Garrett informed him of the racial slur accusation right away.

Dorsey’s assertion is consistent with a prepared statement he released Nov. 21 in which he said Garrett “was open and honest with us about the incident from the start.”

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

What I find funny is that what did I find on my profile today? Gorka has recently been snooping on it... There he is, recent profile views...

What a weirdo stalker. Apparently stalking me is what he considers "having a life". 

I wouldn't take that seriously. I mant times visit profiles by mistake when trying to watch the last reply of a thread in my phone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK- I've had it- any more off topic name calling, and guys are going to start getting penalty points and kiddie timeouts. Grow the hell up, I want to see some semi intelligent discussion- and this thread has devolved into some schoolyard taunting for the most part. I don't give a rat's ass who started it. 

That means you Dutch and Gorka. Take that crap over to the poli board. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Gorka said:

Lol...true it doesn't mean he didn't use the word, but that does not constitute my logic as being twisted in the least.

There is one fact about this incident that cannot be refuted. No player on either team heard Rudolf saying anything racist. The behavior of both players as described was only meant to help to support that fact, not prove it.

There is the twisted logic. Actually quite the opposite is true actions seem more to support the fact that Rudolph said something.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/myles_garrett_calls_suspension_a_blessing_in_disguise/s1_127_31304948

“Everything that happens to you is for a reason,” Garrett said. “If you take the lesson and make the best out of it, everything a blessing in disguise."

“When I get back onto the field, you’ll see,” Garrett cautioned.

******************************************************

     70a470075327840a6a30574b0991475c3eba6958

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3gn5in.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3gqp28.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Signaling-a-Touchdown-e1573910550213.jpg

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ All of those memes are super cute, and would've been ultra soothing to the fan base back when the Browns still had a glimmer of playoff hope after a dominating win against their bitter division rival.

8 seconds. We couldn't even win when we won.  8. Fucking. Seconds. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No other Browns player heard it. No Steeler player heard it. No white player heard it. No other BLACK players heard it. No Hispanic player heard it. Steeler black coach goes public defending his white QB (who sucks as a QB)

 Myles should have responded like this when that complete STRANGER pimp SLAPPED HIM in his vehicle that day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Vambo said:

Ex-Browns GM John Dorsey says Myles Garrett told him right away Mason Rudolph used racial slur

https://www.beaconjournal.com/sports/20200217/ex-browns-gm-john-dorsey-says-myles-garrett-told-him-right-away-mason-rudolph-used-racial-slur

On Monday, Dorsey told the Beacon Journal in text messages it’s “correct” and “it’s the truth” that Garrett informed him of the racial slur accusation right away.

Dorsey’s assertion is consistent with a prepared statement he released Nov. 21 in which he said Garrett “was open and honest with us about the incident from the start.”

 

It's a little too late for that now... There's no proof for either side.. They all need to grow up and let this pass into quiet obscurity for posterity sake...

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Furious Styles said:

No other Browns player heard it. No Steeler player heard it. No white player heard it. No other BLACK players heard it. No Hispanic player heard it. Steeler black coach goes public defending his white QB (who sucks as a QB)

 Myles should have responded like this when that complete STRANGER pimp SLAPPED HIM in his vehicle that day.

It happened.  Just because no one heard what was said by two people who were face to face doesn't mean it didn't happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nickers said:

It's a little too late for that now... There's no proof for either side.. They all need to grow up and let this pass into quiet obscurity for posterity sake...

"They"...meaning Us?   So...let's close the thread if that is what you want. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

"They"...meaning Us?   So...let's close the thread if that is what you want. 

.......With the entire incident now behind him, Garrett expressed a sigh of relief, telling TMZ Sports it “feels pretty nice” to be back. He also acknowledged that the entire situation, suspension and all, was a blessing in disguise......      :lol:

Ok I guess that's the best he can do after this ugly situation and hope it just disappears......and yes soon we can put a lock in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

It happened. 

You were there? I missed seeing you on the replays, I'll check again more closely.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Just because no one heard what was said by two people who were face to face doesn't mean it didn't happen. 

Doesn't mean it did. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, D Bone said:

You were there? I missed seeing you on the replays, I'll check again more closely.

Doesn't mean it did. 

But I went over this when it happened.  Body language denotes that something happened. Can Garrett prove the allegation? 

Here are items that I have gone over befo,e but which I guess I have to educate you all on once again:    As a trier of fact, I have to occasionally employMethods  to determine the credibility of a claim where there is no collaborating evidence. These, among others perhaps, are methods  used to try to do that:

A. the present sense of impression, i.e. take the entirety of the circumstances an try to understand what could have brought them about.

B.  Were there any excited utterances made.  Verbal.  (from what I know....while supposedly no one says they heard the use of the N-word...NO ONE stated that they heard ANYTHING said. 

C. What were the emotional and physical reactions of the parties Which may have explained their actions. 

Some other things that I may take into account:

1. The reputations of the individuals testifying.    I mean, if the person making the accusations is the biggest liar on earth...you may take that into account in judging credibility.  If on the other hand, the person has a stellar reputation for veracity...then you may weigh that as well. 

2. What we call "priors".   Usually applicable in a criminal case.    It kind of goes beyond reputation to whether or not someone has     committed a previous offense of similar ilk.  

So...while you cannot, in this case, elicit any direct evidence of what was overheard...you CAN judge the credibility of an accusation by a number of methods.

If you do not think this happens all the time....there are people in prison who are there because of this sort of circumstantial evidence. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

If you do not think this happens all the time....there are people in prison who are there because of this sort of circumstantial evidence. 

Shit, the inmates have been right all along, there really are loads of innocent people in prison.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Shit, the inmates have been right all along, there really are loads of innocent people in prison.  

Not necessarily.  A judge/jury found the guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. There may be more to some criminal case than there was here.

I agree that in a criminal court of law, you could not likely find Rudolph guilty.   On the other hand, if Rudolph thinks that he could try to Garrett responsible for some civil damages, as he is spewing about,  he has his head where the sun don't shine......as I believe that the lawyer who is threatening that is just doing a shine job on Rudolph.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Signaling-a-Touchdown-e1573910550213.jpg

Now that was funny.  Rudolph behaved like such a wuss from start to finish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

"They"...meaning Us?   So...let's close the thread if that is what you want. 

Are your comphrehension skills gone old man?.. I meant Garrett and whomever else is involved...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

It happened.  Just because no one heard what was said by two people who were face to face doesn't mean it didn't happen. 

There's also the possibility Rudolf could have whispered it in Myles ear.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

What?

It was highly likely he said something, but highly unlikely it was the N word.

Louder?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Furious Styles said:

No other Browns player heard it. No Steeler player heard it. No white player heard it. No other BLACK players heard it. No Hispanic player heard it. Steeler black coach goes public defending his white QB (who sucks as a QB)

 Myles should have responded like this when that complete STRANGER pimp SLAPPED HIM in his vehicle that day.

The NFL could not find anyone to corroborate Myle's lie. They also stated that they looked a every camera angle available. I suppose they attempted to read Rudolphs lips.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, The Gipper said:

There is the twisted logic. Actually quite the opposite is true actions seem more to support the fact that Rudolph said something.

No it isn't.  What you just stated is an example of twisted logic.

Myles actions soundly support that Rudolf DID something, not that he said something... how about like kicking Myles in the groin while trying to PULL HIS HELMET OFF?...after which Myles retaliated by yanking Rudolph's off.

Dismissing the obvious while trying to sell us the idea that it was a racial slur that fueled the ruckus, coupled with the fact no one heard anything is pretty twisted there Gipper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×