THE BROWNS BOARD

Myles Garrett Reinstated

nickers

4 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Do remember Roger represents and works for the owners.  His last very generous contract was approved by the owners 32-0. 

Interesting read on the details.......   https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2017/12/07/how-roger-goodells-200-million-payday-compares-to-americas-top-ceos/#5b0c601c49cb

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has signed a contract extension that runs through the 2023 season. The five-year deal is worth up to $200 million including potential bonuses, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter. The deal marks the end of a tumultuous negotiation in which fans, players and owners like Jerry Jones questioned if Goodell was worth the hefty paycheck.

Goodell, 58, was appointed commissioner in 2006 and earned $212.5 million during his first 10 years on the job. (His salary for that period was made public due to the league’s tax-exempt status, which it gave up  in 2015, largely due to the negative public relations optics.) Goodell’s compensation was $32 million in 2015, which was the last year reported.

Goodell’s next deal is extremely incentive laden with the base salary set at $4 million and likely bonuses likely to bring his annual comp up to the $30 million range. But if he can hit all targets and push his annual take to $40 million per year, his total compensation as commissioner could approach $500 million over 18 years by the end of his current deal in 2023......... continued in the link........

You would have to post that link on executive compensation. It's why I stopped reading company annual reports- when you look at what the top executives of major corporations are making, it's enough to make you ill.  Like what are these guys doing every day to merit tens of millions in compensation annually?  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I hope you are wrong too Mike. He has fulfilled all that was required of him.

What was Myles required to fulfill? I got this hunch* that Myles has not proven enough hours of anger management classes to satisfy oh high & mighty Roger? who's reporting Myles fulfilled requirements?  thanks ag

6 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

What was Myles required to fulfill? I got this hunch* that Myles has not proven enough hours of anger management classes to satisfy oh high & mighty Roger? who's reporting Myles fulfilled requirements?  thanks ag

He has not yet done this as part of his Anger Management.  Come on, Myles and Roger together.  A one and a two: 

59 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

It wasn't just classes. It was anger management individual counseling as well I believe. Mary Kay is the one reporting that he has done everything asked of him and this I found in another article sounds very hopeful.

“The NFL will be open-minded and listen to Garrett during the offseason meeting, and if his behavior is what the league hopes it will be and his answers are accurate, there’s a strong chance he will not miss any playing time in 2020, according to sources.- Adam Schefter

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

You would have to post that link on executive compensation. It's why I stopped reading company annual reports- when you look at what the top executives of major corporations are making, it's enough to make you ill.  Like what are these guys doing every day to merit tens of millions in compensation annually?  

There is a lot of information on CEO and other executive pay in the USA but here's an interesting graph on it.  https://www.epi.org/publication/ceo-compensation-surged-in-2017

Screenshot_2020-02-11_204701.jpg

WKYC just now......    https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports/nfl/browns/reports-browns-de-myles-garrett-reinstated-by-nfl/95-11b1df44-fb0d-421a-a981-0f3109a63a83

Published: 10:28 AM EST February 12, 2020
Updated: 10:36 AM EST February 12, 2020

Three months after being suspended indefinitely, Cleveland Browns defensive end Myles Garrett is back in the NFL.

On Wednesday, the Browns announced that league commissioner Roger Goodell has reinstated Garrett, who had been serving an indefinite suspension since November.

“We welcome Myles back to our organization with open arms," Browns Vice President of Football Operations and general manager Andrew Berry said in a statement. "We know he is grateful to be reinstated, eager to put the past behind him and continue to evolve and grow as a leader. We look forward to having his strong positive presence back as a teammate, player and person in our community.”..........continued in the link.........

Great news! I had predicted he would remain suspended for our 1st 2 games this year. It not only pleases me to say "I was wrong", but to have positive resolution speaks well of Myles AND the NFL.

This is a very positive start in 2020.

Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

22 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

I hope I'm wrong, but unless Roger is getting a soft spot, I think Myles misses our 1st 2 games this year.

Mike

I was WRONG!!! Myles is back!

Mike

2 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

I was WRONG!!! Myles is back!

Mike

Time to move on from this little incident to sacking the other quarterbacks.

5 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

Great news! I had predicted he would remain suspended for our 1st 2 games this year. It not only pleases me to say "I was wrong", but to have positive resolution speaks well of Myles AND the NFL.

This is a very positive start in 2020.

Hike in 

I said  all  along 6 games  was plenty.  Most  ever handed  out  for on field  fracas.  Especially IIRC, considering Haynesworth  only got a  couple  games  for  head stomping  Gurode- and he needed  stitches.  

Rudolph  wasn't  even hurt. 

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Time to move on from this little incident to sacking the other quarterbacks.

is rudolph still playing ? it would be awesome to see Miles take him down again

3 hours ago, LBC mike said:

Do we even have a playbook right now?

1 hour ago, Orion said:

I truly doubt it.  

To quote James Garner as Brett in the old Maverick TV series when asked how something was going,  he sat there whittling a piece of wood, smiled & said, "I'm workin' on it boys. I'm workin' on it."

I'll never forget that line. I think it applies well to the playbook.

Mike

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

The Ukrainians must have been behind it.. 😉 

Hey we would never do something like that.......honest.  ;)

12 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Well, stupid conspiracy theories usually start with "The Ukrainians must have been behind it...." 

Or the Lybians !   :o

15 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Well, stupid conspiracy theories usually start with "The Ukrainians must have been behind it...." 

We can blame that Ukranian  dude Ghoolie for it. Yeah, he really is one.

• hoorta locked this topic