THE BROWNS BOARD

Woman claims affair with married Browns QB Baker Mayfield - full interview

Vambo

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I have always thought it would be a good idea for any NFL team to have a professional counselor on staff to be ready to advise players on drug and domestic issues and other multiple problems the players might face. So much money is invested in these players it makes sense to me that having a counselor on staff to help guide these players would be a great asset. Some would think of this as more pampering and spoiling of rich NFL players but I see it more as protecting millions of dollars investments that are made in these players. I see it as money that would be well spent by the owners. Just on the drug issue you have to consider these players are young and likely have recently became multi millionaires living in a society where drugs are already easily accessible but even moreso to rich NFL players. Then all the domestic issues.

Tex are you ready to come out of retirement? 

I can't even get through to the Orangemen on the polyboard, so how could I get through to the Charlie Browns & Orange men? Lost my touch. But that'll be 5 cents anyway please. Anyway you should have waited until summer just before we tee it up again.  I'd like to hold the football.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=Lucy+with+5+cent+advice&fr=yhs-symantec-ext_onb&hspart=symantec&hsimp=yhs-ext_onb&imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Ffc09.deviantart.net%2Ffs49%2Ff%2F2009%2F216%2F2%2F7%2FLucy__s_5_cent_advice_booth_by_dth1971.jpg#id=6&iurl=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia0.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2FBxjXjOyGw25UI%2F200_s.gif&action=click

25 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I can't even get through to the Orangemen on the polyboard, so how could I get through to the Charlie Browns & Orange men? Lost my touch. But that'll be 5 cents anyway please. Anyway you should have waited until summer just before we tee it up again.  I'd like to hold the football.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=Lucy+with+5+cent+advice&fr=yhs-symantec-ext_onb&hspart=symantec&hsimp=yhs-ext_onb&imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Ffc09.deviantart.net%2Ffs49%2Ff%2F2009%2F216%2F2%2F7%2FLucy__s_5_cent_advice_booth_by_dth1971.jpg#id=6&iurl=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia0.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2FBxjXjOyGw25UI%2F200_s.gif&action=click

LOL  Don't sell yourself short. You do great on the polyboard except for one thing...some kind of syndrome it's called?🙂

20 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

LOL  Don't sell yourself short. You do great on the polyboard except for one thing...some kind of syndrome it's called?🙂

ok. I'll kick if he promises to not pull it away at the last second....again.tumblr_liwjwmczde1qbw7ws.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Report: Browns OT Robinson facing federal drug charges

Right here Tex is a reason I think it would be a good idea to have a professional counselor on staff of an NFL team. One who would be on call during and after the season. I remember all the mistakes I made when I was 22 years old and if I had won the Mega lottery at that age it would only have compounded my mistakes. Some of these players may have not had the best upbringing and some have lived in a football bubble world from HS to college to the NFL. Suddenly they become multi millionaires. It's not enough to be concerned about players physically but also mentally and emotionally. Of course you can't help someone who doesn't want to help themselves but I would make that help available with a full time counselor on staff available to the players. I think it would help some players make better judgments and keep them from making mistakes.

Maybe we can't drag you out of retirement but I personally see where an NFL team having a counselor on staff would be beneficial.

• Upvote 2

On 2/18/2020 at 1:37 PM, mjp28 said:

;I'm just surprised that if it was not true he'd want to clear his name

Burden's on you to prove that "it" actually happened first.  Until then, this is both the definition of slander and not worth one second's consideration.  This is gossip - and you're an idiot to believe unproven gossip is reality.

On 2/15/2020 at 12:41 PM, Icecube said:

are you OK with this kind of sordid behavior from your team leader?

Some people get pleasure from destroying lives - and until verifiable proof is obtained, this chick has that character defect.

This entire thread is no different than the question: When are you going to stop beating your wife?

6 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I have always thought it would be a good idea for any NFL team to have a professional counselor on staff to be ready to advise players on drug and domestic issues and other multiple problems the players might face.

For years now most major companies contract counseling services for their employees. Contracting the services is preferable from a confidentiality standpoint.

Where I worked it was called "EAP" (Employee Assistance Program). It was provided to employees making as little as $50k a year. I'd be shocked if the Browns or the NFL as a whole do not do the same.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Oh yeah, that Reality Syndrome gets me down sometimes. Unfortunately it's not contagious apparently.😂

• Haha 2

On 2/15/2020 at 11:41 AM, Icecube said:

What kind of person and man is Baker? It's nothing illegal, but, honestly, are you OK with this kind of sordid behavior from your team leader? Are you now comfortable with wearing his jersey? How will/did you describe this behavior to your 10 year-old daughter? Do you tell your son this is OK behavior? Will you allow your children to wear Baker's jersey?

Ah, judge, jury and executioner based on the testimony of one person with no witnesses. I bet you would be fun for any attorney to question as a potential jury member. "Well no, this miniature hangman's noose on my lapel means absolutely nothing sir. Why would you ask me about that?"🙄😂

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Ah, judge, jury and executioner based on the testimony of one person with no witnesses. I bet you would be fun for any attorney to question as a potential jury member. "Well no, this miniature hangman's noose on my lapel means absolutely nothing sir. Why would you ask me about that?"🙄😂

Image result for laughing

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Burden's on you to prove that "it" actually happened first.  Until then, this is both the definition of slander and not worth one second's consideration.  This is gossip - and you're an idiot to believe unproven gossip is reality.

Some people get pleasure from destroying lives - and until verifiable proof is obtained, this chick has that character defect.

This entire thread is no different than the question: When are you going to stop beating your wife?

I really just don't care, other than for entertainment. 

20 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

I think the main key is.... the fact that she went public. Why would she do that at all?  If Baker was guilty of it, which I seriously, seriously doubt, we wouldn't ever hear about it. Unless she wanted to extort more money from him. Ruin his marriage over....? makes no sense. Ruin her...employment?

Or, she presented herself as a fan, just to get close to him, and he said "forget it I'm married...no way" and she gets her revenge by going public?

I don't see Baker being that stupid. I suppose she could get big money for interviews with Harold Stern, etc. It makes no sense to me.

34 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

I think the main key is.... the fact that she went public. Why would she do that at all?  If Baker was guilty of it, which I seriously, seriously doubt, we wouldn't ever hear about it. Unless she wanted to extort more money from him. Ruin his marriage over....? makes no sense. Ruin her...employment?

Or, she presented herself as a fan, just to get close to him, and he said "forget it I'm married...no way" and she gets her revenge by going public?

I don't see Baker being that stupid. I suppose she could get big money for interviews with Harold Stern, etc. It makes no sense to me.

Yes, so many unanswered questions and facts.

This is turning into a mini-series or movie of the week.  "The Baker BJ Story.....did she or didn't she?".  Check your local listings for a station in your area.   :lol:

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Icecube said:

No one cares......in itself, big whoop. However, I'm not liking direction of the ship. Well, Robinson, only had 157 lbs. 

He should have taken a winter job as a hand/driver with a legal marijuana factory in Colorado. Pretty place to work and all the weed you can move. Tote that joint, lift that bale. Get a little drunk and you land in jail.😁

8 hours ago, Icecube said:

No one cares......in itself, big whoop. However, I'm not liking direction of the ship. Well, Robinson, only had 157 lbs. 

Maybe it's just a second job to supplement his income, you know like delivering pizzas or driving for Uber ?                    :lol:

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Heading north tonight to go to the Cheesecake Factory.... 

I wonder if there's a National Historic Site sign somewhere behind it in the parking lot yet? 😁

Down here we used to call it the The Chicken Ranch @ La Grange. "They gotta lotta nice girls." "Well, I hear its fine if you got the time and the ten to get yourself in."-ZZ Top 😜