THE BROWNS BOARD

Woman claims affair with married Browns QB Baker Mayfield - full interview

Vambo

Just now, OldBrownsFan said:

Discussing whether or not Baker Mayfield is cheating on his wife is some real football talk? 

Yeah I guess because he's THE man under center and the BROWNS only hope right now to do anything.

Plus it is February 15 and not much else to report.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Discussing whether or not Baker Mayfield is cheating on his wife is some real football talk? 

It is, because such a lifestyle arguably detracts from his focus on getting better at football. 

If there were stories of Baker getting drunk all the time, would it be an appropriate discussion for here? Sure it would, because it is relative to his football focus/success/failure. 

What kind of person and man is Baker? It's nothing illegal, but, honestly, are you OK with this kind of sordid behavior from your team leader? Are you now comfortable with wearing his jersey? How will/did you describe this behavior to your 10 year-old daughter? Do you tell your son this is OK behavior? Will you allow your children to wear Baker's jersey? 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

It's looking that way, the Dems right now can't do anything right......oh.....

I KNOW THAT THIS ISN'T THE POLI FORUM and will go back to normal talk.   :lol:

Probably a good thing for you regarding your political thoughts... remember the old saying:

"Better to be silent and have people think you are an idiot, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Icecube said:

What kind of person and man is Baker? It's nothing illegal, but, honestly, are you OK with this kind of sordid behavior from your team leader? Are you now comfortable with wearing his jersey? How will/did you describe this behavior to your 10 year-old daughter? Do you tell your son this is OK behavior? Will you allow your children to wear Baker's jersey? 

To be honest, I've never personally liked Baker.

But I don't have to like him to want him to succeed, so my favorite team succeeds. 

3 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I'm still holding out hope Mayfield might be the quarterback we have been seeking since 99. 

You mean since Bill canned Bernie!!..

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

To be honest, I've never personally liked Baker.

But I don't have to like him to want him to succeed, so my favorite team succeeds. 

I was shocked that they drafted him especially at #1 I thought better packages for #1&4 were out there  -but- his rookie performance made us all dreamy eyes about BROWNS playoffs 2019........ only to be rudely awakened with 6 wins following the 7 win season.

Baker better show he's worth that $32.5M contract or he won't be Cleveland's golden boy anymore.

1 minute ago, mjp28 said:

I was shocked that they drafted him especially at #1 I thought better packages for #1&4 were out there  -but- his rookie performance made us all dreamy eyes about BROWNS playoffs 2019........ only to be rudely awakened with 6 wins following the 7 win season.

Baker better show he's worth that $32.5M contract or he won't be Cleveland's golden boy anymore.

He'll get 2020 to prove he's the Browns franchise QB.

But if he replicates last season's performance, the Browns might move on. 

Then again, who knows if there will be a 2021 NFL season? Could be a helluva labor fight on the horizon. 

1 minute ago, Icecube said:

Signs show he hasn't been all that focused on football.

There was a huge lack of discipline last season which I blame Kitchens for and that had to have a negative effect on Mayfield. I'm hoping Stefanski can get Mayfield back on track. I read this below about Stefanski and his work with Case Keenum which gives me hope in Mayfield's case. 

"Perhaps Stefanski's best work came in 2017, when the Vikings were forced to go to their backup, Case Keenum, early in the season after starter Sam Bradford went down with an injury. Keenum, a journeyman backup who had completed 58 percent of his passes and amassed a record of 9-15 at his previous stops, went on to complete nearly 68 percent of his throws with 22 touchdowns and seven interceptions while leading the Vikings to a record of 11-3."

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/5-things-to-know-about-kevin-stefanski

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

There was a huge lack of discipline last season which I blame Kitchens for and that had to have a negative effect on Mayfield. I'm hoping Stefanski can get Mayfield back on track. I read this below about Stefanski and his work with Case Keenum which gives me hope in Mayfield's case. 

"Perhaps Stefanski's best work came in 2017, when the Vikings were forced to go to their backup, Case Keenum, early in the season after starter Sam Bradford went down with an injury. Keenum, a journeyman backup who had completed 58 percent of his passes and amassed a record of 9-15 at his previous stops, went on to complete nearly 68 percent of his throws with 22 touchdowns and seven interceptions while leading the Vikings to a record of 11-3."

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/5-things-to-know-about-kevin-stefanski

I hope he can provide team discipline and focus. It damn sure is needed. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Gorka said:

LOL.. As sure as shit I predicted this.

I bet both you guys fuck around too.

And you would be wrong. In fact I'm kind of an old fashioned romantic. Indeed yesterday, Valentine's Day, was my wife and my 50th Wedding Anniversary. 

And I guarantee you that some of the most beautiful women I've ever seen in my life were in Vietnam and Spain. There was this one on the Metro in Barcelona, Spain I might have run off with had my wife not been right there watching me like a hawk. So I won't lie and say I've never read the menu.😜💃

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

You mean like Klingon and Dothraki?

The Dothraki are nomadic horse-mounted warriors, who sweep across the vast central plains of Essos in search of plunder. Most of their society is centered around their horses: even their name for themselves in their own language, "Dothraki", literally means "riders".

😂

On 2/13/2020 at 1:45 PM, hoorta said:

The only  thing  that  matters is  what Emily  thinks about it,  assuming  it's  true. 

FWIW, Russell Wilson  got divorced  and it  hasn't  seemed to  affect his  on field  play  any. 

So, what point are you trying to make? Everyone handles things differently.

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

You mean like Klingon and Dothraki?

Or about the 4-5 functional languages Tolkien created for kicks and giggles when he wrote  Lord of the Rings? Quenya, Numenorian,  and black speech? 

44 minutes ago, Neo said:

So, what point are you trying to make? Everyone handles things differently.

Exactly  my point,  doesn't  matter what any of us think. Or how this might  or might not affect  Baker.

So far, we have one interview unsubstanciated on a dirt digging  website. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I see Gorka crawled out from whatever rock he was under again.... 

That poor guy.  Dumbbells just shouldn't use dumbbells even if their keyboards are on steroids.

I guess I got an answer to my question about Clinton's infidelity as to whether or not Gork's political picture was supposed to make us feel better or worse about Trump.   Cheating on a spouse multiple times is fine if it's before he was a President; and more importantly, if he's in the right political party.  Not that I'm perfect; but if one CARED about anyone other than himself - he'd do the right thing and end the marriage.

For the record, I didn't start the political stuff in this thread about our QB. 

18 hours ago, Icecube said:

I'm totally fine with it. If Brian Sipe had gotten a hummer from a local behind a Howard Johnson's in 1978 it would not have changed my life.

Z

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Mayfield had a great rookie season than he regressed this past season. I am hoping much of that regression was due to our former HC. I think we will know more this season.

Aside from having 4 different OCs (Hue,Haley,Freddie,Monken) and 2 different QB Coaches by the time he finished the 1st game of his 2nd NFL season - I also blame Baker too for how he handled his brief success.

He spent more of his off season planning for his wedding/bachelor parties as well as doing multiple commercials because of the early success.  And when he's chugging beer for a camera at an Indian's game - this clearly wasn't the same guy who showed up to his rookie year with something to prove.  After winning the Heisman, he by-passed the Heisman Banquet circuit to prepare himself for the NFL.  He came in humble and ready to go to work.  That was HUGE toward setting the rookie record for TD passes especially on a team coming off 0-16 football.

But, like one of my old coaches reminded us  - "If you fail to prepare; then prepare to fail."  This game rewards the hungry on and off the field.  If we're being honest about Baker - he showed up way too content in 2019 with his prior success. He also had a beer belly.  That's on him.

Having said all that, I get the impression he always pushes himself more when he feels he has to prove himself to a lot of people. We already know about the college stuff but even as a rookie he wasn't handed the starting job on day 1.  One of the few things Hue did right; although that was 1 year after he gave Kizer the starting job on opening day.

Anyway, is it possible Baker just woke up a horrible QB?  I guess it could be just as possible as former MLB Pitcher Ricky Ankiel completely losing his muscle memory and control of his pitches.  That said, if one ever read that story - there was a work ethic and competitive will in the guy to re-invent himself into a successful player at another position.  Point is, if the NFL is really Baker's dream - I expect to see more of the guy we enjoyed as a rookie than the lost soul we witnessed in 2019.

As we've learned over the years, it's a dis-service to a young QB to put them into an offense that's incompatible to their talent and skills so if Baker is going to go on and succeed - this organization CANNOT rip out the entire foundation of QB Coach, OC, OL Coach and everything they've NFL potty trained him in or they're going to ruin him.  It's a short window in this league that can slam shut really quick.  If Baltimore just handcuffed Lamar Jackson to a pocket only - there would have never been any need to change from Joey Bottaflacco. Some of this is homer; but some of this is I know WTF I watched when I saw a rookie make our OL look better in pass pro via his being decisive and accurate with his quick throws.  That happens when one is prepared.  That reminded me of Drew Brees not Brett Favre.  In 2019 when I saw him forcing a pass off a backward hop - that reminded me of Brett Favre without Farve's arm strength on that type of horrible mechanic. That happened because he wasn't prepared.  Just as Lamar Jackson's success hinges on what the coaching staff allows him to achieve - so does Baker's as long as he re-commits himself to the dream.  Last year showed him just how quickly a dream can turn into a nightmare so he needs to remember why he became a 1st overall pick we were very happy with in 2018.  I think this is doable...

19 hours ago, Icecube said:

I lived in Western NY when the same question was asked about their young QB Jim Kelly when they were being called the Bickering Bills. Rumor had it the young Irish QB liked to party prolly as as much as Brett Favre did in Atlanta.   Having said that, both QBs were allowed to learn from their mistakes and get it right - which they did.  I doubt either stopped drinking during the season - they just learned the time to play hard off the field was after they worked hard on it.  Kelly started to throw huge parties at his house to celebrate the wins with teammates and keep any knuckleheads off the road that shouldn't have been on it. 

Baker is at a point where they were early on.  Not everyone has to end up like Johnny Manziel as much as people can't wait to point him out.  I think Baker showed us what's possible when he gets back to prioritizing football.  Manziel never had to walk-on and prove himself anywhere.  It sounds like he came from a lot of money to the extent he never had to work hard at anything.  When the NFL demanded that of him - oh-oh!

And let's not get all Colin Cowherd-level and forget the stories of him speaking at a little girl's funeral that he impacted in a very positive way.  Or, lose sight of him delivering Christmas gifts to needy families in Cleveland when you ask if people will allow your children would wear his jersey.  Did people in Pittsburgh let their kid's wear #7 jerseys when Rooney had to take him aside and inform him a victim inventory of 2 is a trend that won't give him a 3rd strike in the batter's box.  Cowherd also liked to announce as often as possible that Baker wasn't beating any good NFL teams in 2018, which would have been fine if the rookie QB didn't take over an 0-16 team that was winless and facing a 14 point deficit he erased the very first time he took the field.  Watching Baker cpr this franchise and fanbase to realistic confidence is the closest thing you'll see to someone walking on water in Cleveland. 

Let's see what happens moving forward here...

17 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And you would be wrong. In fact I'm kind of an old fashioned romantic. Indeed yesterday, Valentine's Day, was my wife and my 50th Wedding Anniversary. 

And I guarantee you that some of the most beautiful women I've ever seen in my life were in Vietnam and Spain. There was this one on the Metro in Barcelona, Spain I might have run off with had my wife not been right there watching me like a hawk. So I won't lie and say I've never read the menu.😜💃

Congratulations!

I absolutely adore Thai women.  Spent a couple days in Bangkok back in the day.

...but that was before I was married.

9 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Aside from having 4 different OCs (Hue,Haley,Freddie,Monken) and 2 different QB Coaches by the time he finished the 1st game of his 2nd NFL season - I also blame Baker too for how he handled his brief success.

He spent more of his off season planning for his wedding/bachelor parties as well as doing multiple commercials because of the early success.  And when he's chugging beer for a camera at an Indian's game - this clearly wasn't the same guy who showed up to his rookie year with something to prove.  After winning the Heisman, he by-passed the Heisman Banquet circuit to prepare himself for the NFL.  He came in humble and ready to go to work.  That was HUGE toward setting the rookie record for TD passes especially on a team coming off 0-16 football.

But, like one of my old coaches reminded us  - "If you fail to prepare; then prepare to fail."  This game rewards the hungry on and off the field.  If we're being honest about Baker - he showed up way too content in 2019 with his prior success. He also had a beer belly.  That's on him.

Having said all that, I get the impression he always pushes himself more when he feels he has to prove himself to a lot of people. We already know about the college stuff but even as a rookie he wasn't handed the starting job on day 1.  One of the few things Hue did right; although that was 1 year after he gave Kizer the starting job on opening day.

Anyway, is it possible Baker just woke up a horrible QB?  I guess it could be just as possible as former MLB Pitcher Ricky Ankiel completely losing his muscle memory and control of his pitches.  That said, if one ever read that story - there was a work ethic and competitive will in the guy to re-invent himself into a successful player at another position.  Point is, if the NFL is really Baker's dream - I expect to see more of the guy we enjoyed as a rookie than the lost soul we witnessed in 2019.

As we've learned over the years, it's a dis-service to a young QB to put them into an offense that's incompatible to their talent and skills so if Baker is going to go on and succeed - this organization CANNOT rip out the entire foundation of QB Coach, OC, OL Coach and everything they've NFL potty trained him in or they're going to ruin him.  It's a short window in this league that can slam shut really quick.  If Baltimore just handcuffed Lamar Jackson to a pocket only - there would have never been any need to change from Joey Bottaflacco. Some of this is homer; but some of this is I know WTF I watched when I saw a rookie make our OL look better in pass pro via his being decisive and accurate with his quick throws.  That happens when one is prepared.  That reminded me of Drew Brees not Brett Favre.  In 2019 when I saw him forcing a pass off a backward hop - that reminded me of Brett Favre without Farve's arm strength on that type of horrible mechanic. That happened because he wasn't prepared.  Just as Lamar Jackson's success hinges on what the coaching staff allows him to achieve - so does Baker's as long as he re-commits himself to the dream.  Last year showed him just how quickly a dream can turn into a nightmare so he needs to remember why he became a 1st overall pick we were very happy with in 2018.  I think this is doable...

Good analysis Flugel.

"But, like one of my old coaches reminded us  - "If you fail to prepare; then prepare to fail."  

Like many other football lessons this is another one that would apply to about everything else we do in life. 

Stefanski was not my first choice I would have liked to have seen for the Browns HC but the more I read up on him the better I liked him. I think now he was a solid pick and brings a lot to the table. I like something Stefanski said about it wasn't the plays being called but the execution of the plays (although with our former HC at times it was the plays that were being called). I think Stefanski is going to help Mayfield execute better as a QB with the mechanics and fundamentals. I look forward to seeing a more disciplined team this year "executing" their individual assignments and playing smarter football in general.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gorka said:

Congratulations!

I absolutely adore Thai women.  Spent a couple days in Bangkok back in the day.

...but that was before I was married.

Thanks Gorka! 😁 I was married before I went to Vietnam and came back to Nha Trang from the field once a month to get paid. Guys would line up with women to be checked through security on payday night. There were some really beautiful women in tow, but I never gave in to that temptation like other married friends of mine. Not in my DNA.

BTW are you the guy that wrote the song?

"One night in Bangkok makes a hard man humble
Not much between despair and ecstasy
One night in Bangkok and the tough guys tumble
Can't be too careful with your company
I can feel the devil walking next to me" 😈

3 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Thanks Gorka! 😁 I was married before I went to Vietnam and came back to Nha Trang from the field once a month to get paid. Guys would line up with women to be checked through security on payday night. There were some really beautiful women in tow, but I never gave in to that temptation like other married friends of mine. Not in my DNA.

BTW are you the guy that wrote the song?

"One night in Bangkok makes a hard man humble
Not much between despair and ecstasy
One night in Bangkok and the tough guys tumble
Can't be too careful with your company
I can feel the devil walking next to me" 😈

Lol...no, but one night in Bangkok certainly does make a man hard.

• Haha 1