THE BROWNS BOARD

Woman claims affair with married Browns QB Baker Mayfield - full interview

Vambo

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Good analysis Flugel.

"But, like one of my old coaches reminded us  - "If you fail to prepare; then prepare to fail."  

Like many other football lessons this is another one that would apply to about everything else we do in life. 

Stefanski was not my first choice I would have liked to have seen for the Browns HC but the more I read up on him the better I liked him. I think now he was a solid pick and brings a lot to the table. I like something Stefanski said about it wasn't the plays being called but the execution of the plays (although with our former HC at times it was the plays that were being called). I think Stefanski is going to help Mayfield execute better as a QB with the mechanics and fundamentals. I look forward to seeing a more disciplined team this year "executing" their individual assignments and playing smarter football in general.

Thanks OBF!  You make some excellent points about Stefanski!   I wasn't all that pumped about him at first but after a couple big exhales -  he's growing on me too!  I've always bet with my heart and paid through my nose doing so; but I feel like we have a big enough nucleus of talent to win with under the right leadership.

The thing I like most right now is I get the sense we're not hiring a HC to be just an OC again.  I don't give a rat about his previous play calling because it's irrelevant.   What I like is his extensive experience as well as working as a QB Coach and a TE Coach before he was promoted to an OC.  He also did a great job tapping Case Keenum better than anyone was able to do before him. 

Best of all?  I've noticed how many of his former coaching peers that were with Minnesota or ones that went elsewhere are excited to come and rejoin/work under him despite all the recent turnover (and Jimmy's reputation).  That could also mean they think we have enough talent to win with.  IMO, our defense played their best football the night MG got suspended.  The pressure was great up front while the DEs were applying text book clamp at the depth of the QB drop. We may not have had many, if any sacks from Garrett but created the success from all up front that night.  The other edge rush was also well done.  As soon as we lost him, we also lost Vernon and backup Chad Thomas which wasn't going to make us better or adequate.  It would be nice to add some veteran safety help via FA and address other weaknesses/depth issues via the draft. Anyway, we'll get everyone back healthy for the new coaching staff to coach up. 

I think Stefanski will have a better eye on the bigger picture than Freddie was capable of just in the way he is setting things up.  He also seems like the type of guy that will be comfortable empowering the guys he's hired to coach and coordinate what he expects from them. Last year turned into a lost episode of the Hee Haw show; and the players inevitably lost confidence in the coaching staff.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Zombo said:

I'm totally fine with it. If Brian Sipe had gotten a hummer from a local behind a Howard Johnson's in 1978 it would not have changed my life.

Z

Yeah like it doesn't happen everyday by women of all kinds giving men from every walk of life......often for cash.

Too bad it's the February topic of the month but better than September I guess.   Oh well.......

5 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Thanks OBF!  You make some excellent points about Stefanski!   I wasn't all that pumped about him at first but after a couple big exhales -  he's growing on me too!  I've always bet with my heart and paid through my nose doing so; but I feel like we have a big enough nucleus of talent to win with under the right leadership.

The thing I like most right now is I get the sense we're not hiring a HC to be just an OC again.  I don't give a rat about his previous play calling because it's irrelevant.   What I like is his extensive experience as well as working as a QB Coach and a TE Coach before he was promoted to an OC.  He also did a great job tapping Case Keenum better than anyone was able to do before him. 

Best of all?  I've noticed how many of his former coaching peers that were with Minnesota or ones that went elsewhere are excited to come and rejoin/work under him despite all the recent turnover (and Jimmy's reputation).  That could also mean they think we have enough talent to win with.  IMO, our defense played their best football the night MG got suspended.  The pressure was great up front while the DEs were applying text book clamp at the depth of the QB drop. We may not have had many, if any sacks from Garrett but created the success from all up front that night.  The other edge rush was also well done.  As soon as we lost him, we also lost Vernon and backup Chad Thomas which wasn't going to make us better or adequate.  It would be nice to add some veteran showafety help via FA and address other weaknesses/depth issues via the draft. Anyway, we'll get everyone back healthy for the new coaching staff to coach up. 

I think Stefanski will have a better eye on the bigger picture than Freddie was capable of just in the way he is setting things up.  He also seems like the type of guy that will be comfortable empowering the guys he's hired to coach and coordinate what he expects from them. Last year turned into a lost episode of the Hee Haw show; and the players inevitably lost confidence in the coaching staff.

That game with Pittsburgh was great and could have been a major turning point for the rest of the season until with 7 seconds left Myles Garrett went postal, That game showed what we were capable of.I will say this I was impressed with Myles interview and I am ready to see this put in the rearview mirror now and to go forward. I am very happy to see his suspension not lasting into this season.

We had our weakness particularly on the offensive line but we had enough talent and skill players there was no reason we should not have made the playoffs last season. I don't think we had enough talent to make a serious run in the playoffs and maybe we would have been one and done but we should have made the playoffs. And that would have been a great springboard going into next season.

I agree I by the end of the season the players did lose confidence in the coaching staff.

• Upvote 1

On 2/16/2020 at 11:09 AM, mjp28 said:

Yeah like it doesn't happen everyday by women of all kinds giving men from every walk of life......often for cash.

Too bad it's the February topic of the month but better than September I guess.   Oh well.......

I could give two sh-ts about the act in itself. The only thing that bothers me is the total lack of restraint. You're that hard up you spend all this energy on getting B_s from skanks? No wonder he "sucked." And for those of you who will say "who cares," I say Browns fan should care. Do you think stone cold killers at QB are doing this? No. Why not?

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Icecube said:

I could give two sh-ts about the act in itself. The only thing that bothers me is the total lack of restraint. You're that hard up you spend all this energy on getting B_s from skanks? No wonder he "sucked." And for those of you who will say "who cares," I say Browns fan should care. Do you think stone cold killers at QB are doing this? No. Why not?

So true!  If you're the starting quarterback for the Cleveland Browns making a gazillion dollars don't get caught in this stupid situation bringing unneeded negative attention on everyone else.

74382-John-F-Kennedy-Quote-To-those-whom-much-is-given-much-is-expected.jpg

• Upvote 1

except- did I miss the part where Baker said it was true? or she lied and she wants a lot of publicity? she can make far more money writing a fiction novel?

or is it true. I just think it's very odd she went public, and for what reason. ? extortion? she shot her money making in the future (if it's true or not) into oblivion.

Just let it go away already. If it IS true - just...pitiful. and really, really really STUPID - maybe I'll change my mock tenth pick overall to a qb. lol

17 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

except- did I miss the part where Baker said it was true? or she lied and she wants a lot of publicity? she can make far more money writing a fiction novel?

or is it true. I just think it's very odd she went public, and for what reason. ? extortion? she shot her money making in the future (if it's true or not) into oblivion.

Just let it go away already. If it IS true - just...pitiful. and really, really really STUPID - maybe I'll change my mock tenth pick overall to a qb. lol

Has he or his attorney come out with a total denial of the story ?    Is he suing her worthless butt for defamation of character or whatever ?

Or is Baker doing a Kobe and buying a big azz ring and preparing a mea culpa ?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Has he or his attorney come out with a total denial of the story ?    Is he suing her worthless butt for defamation of character or whatever ?

Or is Baker doing a Kobe and buying a big azz ring and preparing a mea culpa ?

Maybe he doesn't think it deserves attention or a response.    Imagine that, somebody shutting the fuck up about something ridiculous. 

I would say that shows the maturity you are all begging him to show.

Fair to say?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Maybe he doesn't think it deserves attention or a response.    Imagine that, somebody shutting the fuck up about something ridiculous. 

Fair to say?

Maybe, I'm sure he's had some legal council on the matter and maybe they've decided that this is the way to handle the matter.

I'm just surprised that if it was not true he'd want to clear his name.  I guess we'll see.......

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Maybe, I'm sure he's had some legal council on the matter and maybe they've decided that this is the way to handle the matter.

I'm just surprised that if it was not true he'd want to clear his name.  I guess we'll see.......

Maybe he thinks it is nobody else's fucking business except he and his wife.  

So, how about we all show some maturity and shut the fuck up about it. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

So, how about we all show some maturity and shut the fuck up about it. 

Never 

lets trade up for Tua send Baker packing 

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Fair to say?

A non response seems out of character for a guy who allows himself to be baited into responding to every criticism. Fortunate for Baker this news broke in the offseason when he doesn’t have scheduled camera time every week. 

More probably he's been advised to keep quiet about it.

Sooner or later some talking head will ask him about it.  Even if they have to wait until training camp.

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Then maybe he shouldn't have become famous.   

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Counsel would probably say he’s under no legal obligation to answer.  

And what damage control is necessary??? he’s not being asked because quite honestly people/media don’t care as much about him given the way he played last season.  Is this on First Take or Get Up or front and center on Yahoo Sports?  

2 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

A non response seems out of character for a guy who allows himself to be baited into responding to every criticism. Fortunate for Baker this news broke in the offseason when he doesn’t have scheduled camera time every week. 

Hello, McFly...is anybody home?  

I just said that he is showing maturity for NOT allowing himself to take the bait....something all y'all have been asking him to do.    Now you are whining apparently because he didn't take the bait?  

1 hour ago, Orion said:

More probably he's been advised to keep quiet about it.

Sooner or later some talking head will ask him about it.  Even if they have to wait until training camp.

Then maybe he shouldn't have become famous.   

He doesn't owe fucking anybody shit just because he is famous.   Including you.  

You want to become famous too?  Go do something completely stupid,  video record it, put it on like Youtube.  And then let people tell you what an asshole you are.

Go ahead. 

48 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Counsel would probably say he’s under no legal obligation to answer.  

That is correct.

And what damage control is necessary??? he’s not being asked because quite honestly people/media don’t care as much about him given the way he played last season.  Is this on First Take or Get Up or front and center on Yahoo Sports?  

And he can just say "nothing to see there, next question". 

9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Fair to say?

No, not fair.  Of course he's not saying anything. Best play. At least it's not anything illegal. If he balls out, no one will care. But my God, get a grip. 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Hello, McFly...is anybody home?  

I just said that he is showing maturity for NOT allowing himself to take the bait....something all y'all have been asking him to do.    Now you are whining apparently because he didn't take the bait?  

If saying something is out of character for a guy = whining, then l’m guilty l guess. Didn’t mean to come off that way, just wondering aloud if there is a parallel to the validity of the story relative to his non response. Maybe he’s just evolving? Great if so. I’m not really looking forward to any of this escalating into a next level.

8 hours ago, Icecube said:

No, not fair.  Of course he's not saying anything. Best play. At least it's not anything illegal. If he balls out, no one will care. But my God, get a grip. 

So you think it’s not fair that he shows maturity. So I guess by that you mean you want him to continue to show immaturity. That’s what I’m reading out of you. 

Late to the party on this but an article I read claims a similar incident happened with another chick in Dec 2018. High risk behavior because he could be arrested for an indecent act in a public space. Doing this a month after getting married is pretty duplicitous though, I suspect he'll lose some endorsements and Browns management will have a talk with him. He'll have to prove his value on the field this year as he's accumulating negative pub.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, MDDawg said:

Late to the party on this but an article I read claims a similar incident happened with another chick in Dec 2018. High risk behavior because he could be arrested for an indecent act in a public space. Doing this a month after getting married is pretty duplicitous though, I suspect he'll lose some endorsements and Browns management will have a talk with him. He'll have to prove his value on the field this year as he's accumulating negative pub.

Well said.

This is NOT about the right of some Joe Shmoe to get a bj from some tramp he is the starting quarterback and team leader for the Cleveland Browns and doing national commercials and a fair target for the good and sleazy media......like it or not.

Do you now really want your 8 year old to have a BM poster up on his wall?   When there are highlights of his play do you want most of the country to be laughing at BJ BM ?

It's not just about his right to get a bj it's the team image as a married professional athlete......and I seriously wonder about the married part now.  If they get divorced it will be another media circus.         Thanks Baker !

To those whom much is given.......

USATSI_13930017_168385954_lowres.jpg

I have always thought it would be a good idea for any NFL team to have a professional counselor on staff to be ready to advise players on drug and domestic issues and other multiple problems the players might face. So much money is invested in these players it makes sense to me that having a counselor on staff to help guide these players would be a great asset. Some would think of this as more pampering and spoiling of rich NFL players but I see it more as protecting millions of dollars investments that are made in these players. I see it as money that would be well spent by the owners. Just on the drug issue you have to consider these players are young and likely have recently became multi millionaires living in a society where drugs are already easily accessible but even moreso to rich NFL players. Then all the domestic issues.

Tex are you ready to come out of retirement?