Jump to content
calfoxwc

Tulsi insists that prostitution should be legal.

Recommended Posts

"you emotionally vent" ... he said while emotionally venting

So what's wrong with the govt calling EVERYTHING civil unions and then independent groups adding their own (ultimately meaningless) distinctions that they have control over but mean nothing under law?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

I’ll go a step up and say marriage is a religious function and thus religious institutions should be the only arbiter of marriages. Don’t cheer yet, Cal and OBF haha. The legally binding part should be a civil union even with straight people. If two adults of any kind want to be financially obligated to each other then carry on. 

Actually, everybody should know that I've got no problem with it in the first place. I've been divorced twice. So I really have no right to comment on the morality of anyone else's marital status. But... I don't know where this thread turned into a gay marriage thread from a legal prostitution thread; the two really aren't the same. .

But back to the subject at hand the libertarian in me can't reconcile making personal choices illegal I do think that it makes society cheaper and uglier. With the age of consent being 16 in many states, how many of you guys would think it was a positive step if your 16 year old daughter could suck the neighbors dick for an iPad? Would you be proud that you made a wise business decision? Would it bum you out? Why?

WSS

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

"you emotionally vent" ... he said while emotionally venting

So what's wrong with the govt calling EVERYTHING civil unions and then independent groups adding their own (ultimately meaningless) distinctions that they have control over but mean nothing under law?

because Real Marriage has already been established as a major institution in America and around the world. the court has no right to force Real America to redefine Real Marriage to give the left a major win with a gigantic blow to American Culture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

because Real Marriage has already been established as a major institution in America and around the world. the court has no right to force Real America to redefine Real Marriage to give the left a major win with a gigantic blow to American Culture.

giphy.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

because Real Marriage has already been established as a major institution in America and around the world. the court has no right to force Real America to redefine Real Marriage to give the left a major win with a gigantic blow to American Culture.

It is a victory for those who believe in humanism and where our society is headed. I hate seeing it because we are gradually drifting away from Judeo Christian principles that have anchored our country from the beginning and served us well. According to the last poll I saw Cal Americans support gay marriage with 63 percent in support. Public opinion has shifted recently on gay marriage and as recently as less than 10 years ago we had democrats like Obama and HIllary Clinton supporting traditional marriage and not in favor of gay marriage. Of course once these two saw the winds shifting they changed their views swiftly. 

A "brave new world" is coming. I have always respected optimists like you Cal who are optimistic about the future of the country but realistically I can't share that optimism and I am just enjoying the temporary reprieve we have with Trump. It is not going to last.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

It is a victory for those who believe in humanism and where our society is headed. I hate seeing it because we are gradually drifting away from Judeo Christian principles that have anchored our country from the beginning and served us well. According to the last poll I saw Cal Americans support gay marriage with 63 percent in support. Public opinion has shifted recently on gay marriage and as recently as less than 10 years ago we had democrats like Obama and HIllary Clinton supporting traditional marriage and not in favor of gay marriage. Of course once these two saw the winds shifting they changed their views swiftly. 

A "brave new world" is coming. I have always respected optimists like you Cal who are optimistic about the future of the country but realistically I can't share that optimism and I am just enjoying the temporary reprieve we have with Trump. It is not going to last.

One of those principles was the justification that had us look at black folk as 1/6th a human.   So you'll forgive me for not shedding tears over certain things this country was built upon.    That doesn't mean I despise my country.  Quite the contrary, I admit the darker parts of the U.S.  history and am happy at the progress we've shown to not only ourselves, but the world as a whole.   I would consider that a beacon for humanity to be quite honest.   We still have work that can be done, but what country doesn't? 

Trump is no "temporary" reprieve.  He is an uncouth man who, much like those whom occupy the congressional halls, should be replaced.  

Also, I think much like abortion, there isn't much "support" for gay marriage.  Especially from someone like myself.    I don't "support" the couples whom have decided on a personal level and I think that's the point you've misplaced.  I support the institution that should be accessible for all our of citizens regardless of affiliation.     I think Neo-Nazi's are in the wrong, but they're allowed to get married and I support the law allowing as such.     I don't personally "support" abortion.  I find it abhorrent.   I'm also fortunate enough in my life experiences to not be so black and white in my decision making due to the varied paths I've seen.   I have a friend who sought an abortion.  She didn't tell any of us.   Years later she confided in how it affected her life and the details as you or I would see them as "pro" and "con' were rather intertwined into a whole story when you could see the  regret mesh with acceptance of choice and, for lack of a better word - consequence.

I didn't necessarily like what I heard, but I realize I can't imagine being in her shoes and would hate to face her circumstances of choice.  So I tend to leave to the individual what they best feel is right for themselves.

This is the synopsis with gay marriage.    It isn't destroying the fabric of our country.   Want a bigger problem that is which you yourself can make a difference on?    Start with addiction and some of these substances being manufactured that destroy entire communities.   I've seen it with my own eyes.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The second paragraph in the Declaration of Independence states, “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal. Those principles espoused by the founders were also the ones that eventually did away with slavery. 

Trump has been a reprieve on many issues and many fronts. He has made our country a good ally to Israel again. He has been strong in supporting religious rights and liberties. He has built our armed forces back up again. He has been the most pro life president since Roe. I am old enough to remember a prominent lie used when abortion was first legalized...it is just a blob of tissue. We know better today yet instead of restricting abortion even further many on the left want unfettered abortion on demand up until time of birth and even some advocating beyond that like the democrat governor of Virginia.

"Christians aren't looking for the perfect leader, we already have one in Jesus.  Christians also hate lies, deceit, corruption, selfishness, theft, abominations against Christ — well, pretty much all the wicked goings-on in Washington, D.C., by members of both parties, by humans of all backgrounds and beliefs."

The fact is this country has been a beacon of light to other nations around the world where so many others around the world want to immigrate to. There is no perfect country in the world yet some in our own country can only find faults and not recognize all the good we have done.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

The second paragraph in the Declaration of Independence states, “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal. Those principles espoused by the founders were also the ones that eventually did away with slavery. 

Trump has been a reprieve on many issues and many fronts. He has made our country a good ally to Israel again. He has been strong in supporting religious rights and liberties. He has built our armed forces back up again. He has been the most pro life president since Roe. I am old enough to remember a prominent lie used when abortion was first legalized...it is just a blob of tissue. We know better today yet instead of restricting abortion even further many on the left want unfettered abortion on demand up until time of birth and even some advocating beyond that like the democrat governor of Virginia.

"Christians aren't looking for the perfect leader, we already have one in Jesus.  Christians also hate lies, deceit, corruption, selfishness, theft, abominations against Christ — well, pretty much all the wicked goings-on in Washington, D.C., by members of both parties, by humans of all backgrounds and beliefs."

The fact is this country has been a beacon of light to other nations around the world where so many others around the world want to immigrate to. There is no perfect country in the world yet some in our own country can only find faults and not recognize all the good we have done.

 

 

 

 

Look I'm not about to unpack the cliche' that is your post. 

- Funding to Israel, especially military funding, which is our greatest outstretched hand to them, has increased every year and did so under Obama.     You, much like most of the Christian GOP, believe we need to do this not as using them to liaison peace with the rest of the middle east.   But so America acts as God's righteous man in the End War.      Jesus will come back smiling when the bombs start to drop, that's about it?

- I can't go further on about the armed forces bit.  The military budget hasn't shrunk one iota.   

- It's just that easy - say "The left" the abstract yet somehow completely monolithic hive mind and that's all it takes.     We get it, humans need limits.   I support that as well.  

- Christians hate lies, deceit, corruption blah blah blah blah.     Then plant your two feet and start voting for those whom do not wash themselves in filth or fraternize with it.   "The meek shall inherit the Earth".   There is nothing of the sort in the POTUS.  

I know you don't give two shits whether I take your words seriously or not, but a humble life suggestion from somebody probably less than half of your age -  if you want your words and stances to be taken with more than a grain of salt by anyone with a modicum of intelligence and spine outside of the digital walls of this forum,  start putting your money where you mouth is and stand a principled stand.     I believe it's possible to once again reconcile common decency and respect within politics.   No way does this country begin to do the same until somebody stands up and says "I'm not playing this stupid game".    That means beginning with NOT engaging in shouting matches and petty dialect back and forth with the POTUS for starters, especially on twitter. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

It is a victory for those who believe in humanism and where our society is headed. I hate seeing it because we are gradually drifting away from Judeo Christian principles that have anchored our country from the beginning and served us well. According to the last poll I saw Cal Americans support gay marriage with 63 percent in support. Public opinion has shifted recently on gay marriage and as recently as less than 10 years ago we had democrats like Obama and HIllary Clinton supporting traditional marriage and not in favor of gay marriage. Of course once these two saw the winds shifting they changed their views swiftly. 

A "brave new world" is coming. I have always respected optimists like you Cal who are optimistic about the future of the country but realistically I can't share that optimism and I am just enjoying the temporary reprieve we have with Trump. It is not going to last.

   It does seem to be that we are at a tipping point. In the discussions on the subject long ago - I was all for civil unions to also be created for equal legal rights. I believe that is what the 63% means. If they were to have asked "do you support the gov forcing Real America to throw the definition of Marriage, and force them to accept a new definition that included ........"

it would not have been a majority. Just my stubborn opinion on that. The left demands gov stay out of legislating morality - and has done so for decades. Then, when they get the upper hand, they demand that government legislate morality...because it would be in their favor.

    That is the inherent dishonesty in leftism emotion dominated people. They do not live on principle, they live on emotion, and self-benefit makes them happy.

    But let something make them unhappy, like losing their chance at dominating our gov for all time..............

and they go into a rage.

     It isn't just a few of us - about at least? half of America is Real America. I prefer to think that a sizeable % of the other side is also Real America - maybe the 23% that go to Trump rallies? ....and some are just misguided and can't figure out all the lies yet.

    I admire this Iranian who came to America so many years ago now - Real American citizen.

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2020/01/the_rage_of_the_democrats.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

every time I post a link, it's text, until I save the post, and repaste the link. I haven't been able to figure it out.

crap. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with what Tia said. It's hard for OBF to explain all of the things Christians hate when the majority describe Trump. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Actually, everybody should know that I've got no problem with it in the first place. I've been divorced twice. So I really have no right to comment on the morality of anyone else's marital status. But... I don't know where this thread turned into a gay marriage thread from a legal prostitution thread; the two really aren't the same. .

But back to the subject at hand the libertarian in me can't reconcile making personal choices illegal I do think that it makes society cheaper and uglier. With the age of consent being 16 in many states, how many of you guys would think it was a positive step if your 16 year old daughter could suck the neighbors dick for an iPad? Would you be proud that you made a wise business decision? Would it bum you out? Why?

WSS

What's stopping a 16 year old from having sex with her neighbor and getting a iPad as a gift now?

 

The thing you and others on here seem to not get is our "feelings" aren't playing a role in our decision making. Which is hilarious given how many nothing posters shout that another poster is too emotional whenever they're disagreed with. I could hate the idea of my daughter being a prostitute but still think it should be legal. Because I'm using logic and common sense to come to that conclusion, not emotions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

What's stopping a 16 year old from having sex with her neighbor and getting a iPad as a gift now?

 nothing. Nothing to stop a guy from killing his wife or robbing his neighbor's house for that matter.

The thing you and others on here seem to not get is our "feelings" aren't playing a role in our decision making. Which is hilarious given how many nothing posters shout that another poster is too emotional whenever they're disagreed with. I could hate the idea of my daughter being a prostitute but still think it should be legal. Because I'm using logic and common sense to come to that conclusion, not emotions.

Well I am so what? If you want to play some sort of a stupid emotion no emotion game play with Cal. 

WSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

words have twisted meanings with the left. "Morality" <> "emotions" etc etc etc etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

I agree with what Tia said. It's hard for OBF to explain all of the things Christians hate when the majority describe Trump. 

They also describe the biggest majority of all politicians. Speaking for myself when I had better options than Trump such as either Cruz, Huckabee or Carson I would have voted for them over Trump but once Trump won the nomination he was the better choice than Hillary Clinton. Remember too we are voting for a president and not a pastor. Also the other Christian candidates in 2016 such as Cruz, Huckabee and Carson I would have preferred over Trump are today some of Trump's biggest supporters.Why?  Because of what he has done obviously.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

They also describe the biggest majority of all politicians. Speaking for myself when I had better options than Trump such as either Cruz, Huckabee or Carson I would have voted for them over Trump but once Trump won the nomination he was the better choice than Hillary Clinton. Remember too we are voting for a president and not a pastor. Also the other Christian candidates in 2016 such as Cruz, Huckabee and Carson I would have preferred over Trump are today some of Trump's biggest supporters.Why?  Because of what he has done obviously.

riiiiigt. Trump insulted them the entire campaign but then they saw how great of a Christian Trump was so they now support him....

Give me a break

They support him because that is what they need to do to keep their careers. Their base likes Trump so they need to like Trump. Plain and simple. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

riiiiigt. Trump insulted them the entire campaign but then they saw how great of a Christian Trump was so they now support him....

Give me a break

They support him because that is what they need to do to keep their careers. Their base likes Trump so they need to like Trump. Plain and simple. 

I would imagine they support him because the other party stands in complete opposition to many of the things the Christians believe in. I don't think anyone is fool enough to think that he is a devout man. 

WSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
😐
 
3 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I would imagine they support him because the other party stands in complete opposition to many of the things the Christians believe in. I don't think anyone is fool enough to think that he is a devout man. 

WSS

I'm not so sure about that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Actually, everybody should know that I've got no problem with it in the first place. I've been divorced twice. So I really have no right to comment on the morality of anyone else's marital status. But... I don't know where this thread turned into a gay marriage thread from a legal prostitution thread; the two really aren't the same. .

But back to the subject at hand the libertarian in me can't reconcile making personal choices illegal I do think that it makes society cheaper and uglier. With the age of consent being 16 in many states, how many of you guys would think it was a positive step if your 16 year old daughter could suck the neighbors dick for an iPad? Would you be proud that you made a wise business decision? Would it bum you out? Why?

WSS

Something being legal doesn’t mean I have to morally agree with it. I wouldn’t want a family member making a fool of themself on a reality TV show or being a drunk or being a “cum dumpster”. But there shouldn’t be a law preventing a person from making that choice on their own because no one else pays the piper ultimately but them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"after the fall of reason and morals...and the beginning of the fall of society"

https://www.theblaze.com/news/hgtvs-house-hunters-episode-features-first-throuple-drawing-polarized-reactions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Australian woman Jodi Rose marries a bridge in France ...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2356774/Australian-woman-Jodi-Rose-marries...

Jul 05, 2013 · Jodi Rose married Le Pont du Diable Bridge in Céret, southern France after falling head over heels for the ‘sensual’ 14th century stone structure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pennsylvania Woman Wants To Marry A Goat

https://peopleoflancaster.com/pennsylvania-woman-wants-to-marry-a-goat/

GAP, PA – For one Pennsylvania woman love is in the air this Valentine’s Day but in a very unusual way. She found love with a goat and wants to marry him. Harrisburg resident Mona Lott was visiting the Gap Lighthouse when she came across a mysterious character and says it was love at first sight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, calfoxwc said:

Pennsylvania Woman Wants To Marry A Goat

https://peopleoflancaster.com/pennsylvania-woman-wants-to-marry-a-goat/

GAP, PA – For one Pennsylvania woman love is in the air this Valentine’s Day but in a very unusual way. She found love with a goat and wants to marry him. Harrisburg resident Mona Lott was visiting the Gap Lighthouse when she came across a mysterious character and says it was love at first sight.

Nothing baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Something being legal doesn’t mean I have to morally agree with it. I wouldn’t want a family member making a fool of themself on a reality TV show or being a drunk or being a “cum dumpster”. But there shouldn’t be a law preventing a person from making that choice on their own because no one else pays the piper ultimately but them.

It isn't clicking with them

 

Instead we get articles on women wanting to marry goats and the downfall of civilization

 

Totally rational stuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not true. SOCIETY pays a price for the depravity that it ignores.

and that includes fake "marriage", enforced by lefty Supreme Court judges, with a Chief Justice who

has a gay sister that should have recused himself, except i think a couple others are also gay, and they should have

recused themselves.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Homophobic Cal and his big, gay Boogeyman

 

 

You're all about this "wrong side of history" stuff, huh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

your constant slurs only show that you have no class, except for picidae.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

It isn't clicking with them

 

Instead we get articles on women wanting to marry goats and the downfall of civilization

 

Totally rational stuff

I think Golden Corral is gross. Better have police enforce my narrow personal opinions and shut down the chocolate fountain through threat of force. Yay small govt.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

"after the fall of reason and morals...and the beginning of the fall of society"

https://www.theblaze.com/news/hgtvs-house-hunters-episode-features-first-throuple-drawing-polarized-reactions

We live in the best times in human history. When we were more religious and supposedly in a better time than now, we owned human beings and lopped each other’s heads off with axes over who had the “correct” religion or tribe. Give me today over that, all day. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×