Jump to content
calfoxwc

Tulsi insists that prostitution should be legal.

Recommended Posts

55 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

you really think you could be blackmailed about not brushing your teeth? lol

I mean, come on, man.

You can be blackmailed over any bad behavior. You take the risk when you do something that could be held over your head. The government shouldn’t be the arbiter of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weed, Gay Marriage, etc. It's all going to happen. 5 years for most. It's just a matter of time. 

One of the benefits of the internet, you have a generation that is more worldly. That experience more than just the other straight, white Christians around them. They realize this "evil sinner" stuff in nonsense. It's all a positive as we as a society move past religion.

 

It helps having grown up with the internet and being taught the risks, how to see if something is legit, etc. Otherwise you have older people getting into the game late and not knowing how to play. I never used Facebook but I know that's been completely ruined. I think they just missed a development stage with it and these are the consequences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Weed, Gay Marriage, etc. It's all going to happen. 5 years for most. It's just a matter of time. 

One of the benefits of the internet, you have a generation that is more worldly. That experience more than just the other straight, white Christians around them. They realize this "evil sinner" stuff in nonsense. It's all a positive as we as a society move past religion.

 

It helps having grown up with the internet and being taught the risks, how to see if something is legit, etc. Otherwise you have older people getting into the game late and not knowing how to play. I never used Facebook but I know that's been completely ruined. I think they just missed a development stage with it and these are the consequences.

Isn't gay marriage already legal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Isn't gay marriage already legal?

To quote Animal House...

"Forget it, he's rolling".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Weed, Gay Marriage, etc. It's all going to happen. 5 years for most. It's just a matter of time. 

One of the benefits of the internet, you have a generation that is more worldly. That experience more than just the other straight, white Christians around them. They realize this "evil sinner" stuff in nonsense. It's all a positive as we as a society move past religion.

 

It helps having grown up with the internet and being taught the risks, how to see if something is legit, etc. Otherwise you have older people getting into the game late and not knowing how to play. I never used Facebook but I know that's been completely ruined. I think they just missed a development stage with it and these are the consequences.

Which you are making my argument that the laws we have are the laws that the majority of the country want. Some laws come and go as society changes.

Gay marriage is a little different because that was decided by a divided Supreme Court in a narrow 5-4 ruling. 5 justices on the Supreme Court made the decision for the entire country. I would grant you though more and more states were allowing gay marriage when the Supreme Court made the ruling and public opinion was shifting towards gay marriage.

And although it saddens me that so many are turning away from God in these last days the bible teaches in the last days there would not be a great revival going on but a great falling away and we are seeing that falling away today on many fronts. But God always has a remnant.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Which you are making my argument that the laws we have are the laws that the majority of the country want. Some laws come and go as society changes.

Gay marriage is a little different because that was decided by a divided Supreme Court in a narrow 5-4 ruling. 5 justices on the Supreme Court made the decision for the entire country. I would grant you though more and more states were allowing gay marriage when the Supreme Court made the ruling and public opinion was shifting towards gay marriage.

And although it saddens me that so many are turning away from God in these last days the bible teaches in the last days there would not be a great revival going on but a great falling away and we are seeing that falling away today on many fronts. But God always has a remnant.

With Liberty* and Justice for all.

Sorry, I guess some of us believe our fellow citizens should enjoy the exact same rights in both name and application that we do.     

It is possible to choose being a decent Christian and a good American.    If people decide to "turn away from God", then they should have the right to do so.

Edit: circles back around to us believing the government should have as little say as humanly possible between the social/private matters of two consenting adults.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tiamat63 said:

With Liberty* and Justice for all.

Sorry, I guess some of us believe our fellow citizens should enjoy the exact same rights in both name and application that we do.     

It is possible to choose being a decent Christian and a good American.    If people decide to "turn away from God", then they should have the right to do so.

People should have the freedom of choice and the bible is all about choice (making the right choices being of greatest importance). We have free will that God will not violate. If people decide to turn away from God although it saddens me I never argued they did not have the right to make that choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, OldBrownsFan said:

People should have the freedom of choice and the bible is all about choice (making the right choices being of greatest importance). We have free will that God will not violate. If people decide to turn away from God although it saddens me I never argued they did not have the right to make that choice.

Fantastic, so Conservatives can count on your support in helping to eliminate government over-reach in such matters.

I appreciate ya.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://rcg.org/realtruth/articles/070831-002-ssoafn.html

Article

  • ANALYSIS

Seven Signs of a Falling Nation

By Bruce A. Ritter

No government, kingdom or society lasts forever. Here are seven factors that contributed to ancient Rome’s demise—warning signs that exist today within the nations of the American and British peoples.

In an interview with the Financial Times, U.S. Comptroller General David Walker stated that the United States government “is on a ‘burning platform’ of unsustainable policies and practices with fiscal deficits, chronic healthcare underfunding, immigration, and overseas military commitments threatening a crisis if action is not taken soon…”

The article added, “Mr. Walker warned that there were ‘striking similarities’ between America’s current situation and the factors that brought down Rome, including ‘declining moral values and political civility at home, an over-confident and over-extended military in foreign lands and fiscal irresponsibility by central government.’”

He added, “I’m trying to sound an alarm and issue a wake-up call.”

"......

The Family Unit

Few understand that the family unit is the basic building block of every thriving society. Within the family, young minds are first taught the importance of building character, controlling one’s emotions, setting worthwhile goals, striving for excellence—or at least this should be the case, as it was generations ago.

At the start of the Roman Empire, fathers took seriously their role in properly instructing, training and educating their sons, and mothers taught their daughters as well. The example of strong and active parents daily ingrained into children the importance of obedience, deference to civic authority and respect for the laws of the land.

But as new generations came of age, the family weakened and fractured. Husbands and wives gave in to the pulls of human nature to engage in widespread adultery, inevitably leading to increasing rates of broken marriages. Divorce for virtually any reason became legal; wives only had to say to their husbands three times in succession, “I divorce you!” to bring it to pass.

Also, parents came to spoil their children, who then grew up to become lazy adults who were irreverent, disobedient to authority and had little respect for the elderly or the “old paths” of social norms and values.

Likewise, the family unit in America, Britain, Australia, Canada and other sister nations of the West is under constant assault. Broken marriages and fractured households are now the norm.

Few fathers exercise a strong hand in teaching, guiding and correcting their young, often leaving mothers to fill both parental roles.

Children are growing up pampered and catered to, never learning to accept and recover from setbacks—never being taught to “rise up before the hoary head, and honor the face of the old man” (Lev. 19:32), which is connected to fearing God—never instructed to think of others before themselves.

They live in a fantasy world in which they “must” have cellphones; they “need” their privacy; they “have rights.”

"
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Isn't gay marriage already legal?

I thought there was some other legislative piece it was missing but I guess not. My bad. 

The point still stands, just the timeline is different

 

Time flies... Yeesh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Fantastic, so Conservatives can count on your support in helping to eliminate government over-reach in such matters.

I appreciate ya.

I know you do. Your support gives me great comfort. 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

With Liberty* and Justice for all.

Sorry, I guess some of us believe our fellow citizens should enjoy the exact same rights in both name and application that we do.     

It is possible to choose being a decent Christian and a good American.    If people decide to "turn away from God", then they should have the right to do so.

Edit: circles back around to us believing the government should have as little say as humanly possible between the social/private matters of two consenting adults.

What rights do you mean? 

WSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

What rights do you mean? 

WSS

As to those rights I'm going to go with him meaning gay marriage. People have a right to live the life they want and gay couples did need legal rights and protections. My vote was for civil unions to accomplish that and not a redefinition of marriage between one man and one woman.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

As to those rights I'm going to go with him meaning gay marriage. People have a right to live the life they want and gay couples did need legal rights and protections. My vote was for civil unions to accomplish that and not a redefinition of marriage between one man and one woman.

There in lies the issue.  Every marriage under the governments eyes should be looked at as a civil union.   More importantly, they should carry the same protections and benefits under the law.  Which, last I checked, there were significant differences at the federal level.       Again, this is where I talk about minimizing government interference in social issues.

See the cost of a marriage license lately? Jesus H...      And if you don't follow through within 60 days you have to re-apply for the license AND pay the fee again.  

Any two consenting adults, with appropriate officiant and witnesses should be able to get married/unioned/whatever, walk into probate court, hand in their information along with a nominal processing fee, lets say $10 (because that was the processing fee to have my drivers license reinstated after a State error that I STILL had to pay) and *POOF*.    That's it.    Government recognizes your union.  

No application process, no $70 "license", nobody telling you who or whom you cannot marry (again, consenting adults) because it isn't their god damn business and it certainly isn't the governments job to morally police that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

There in lies the issue.  Every marriage under the governments eyes should be looked at as a civil union.   More importantly, they should carry the same protections and benefits under the law.  Which, last I checked, there were significant differences at the federal level.       Again, this is where I talk about minimizing government interference in social issues.

See the cost of a marriage license lately? Jesus H...      And if you don't follow through within 60 days you have to re-apply for the license AND pay the fee again.  

Any two consenting adults, with appropriate officiant and witnesses should be able to get married/unioned/whatever, walk into probate court, hand in their information along with a nominal processing fee, lets say $10 (because that was the processing fee to have my drivers license reinstated after a State error that I STILL had to pay) and *POOF*.    That's it.    Government recognizes your union.  

No application process, no $70 "license", nobody telling you who or whom you cannot marry (again, consenting adults) because it isn't their god damn business and it certainly isn't the governments job to morally police that.

I would have preferred what you are proposing over the Supreme Court stepping in and changing the definition of marriage. But don't kid yourself the government would still charge $70 for the civil union fee.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

As to those rights I'm going to go with him meaning gay marriage. People have a right to live the life they want and gay couples did need legal rights and protections. My vote was for civil unions to accomplish that and not a redefinition of marriage between one man and one woman.

That's what I assumed he meant, but marriage is not a right.  For anybody.

But even so anybody can get married.  Maybe someone wants individual religious institutions to be forced to sanction those marriages? 

Maybe those on the left should start campaigning to give women the right to vote?

WSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

The right to party according to The Beastie Boys.

It's pretty clear that you have to fight for that.

WSS

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

as I've said before - civil unions was the answer to the problem.

but the left wants control, the left wants to take down Real America to manipulate

their power to greater heights.

So, they invented a farce - and even the supreme court ruled that the left had the power to force Real America

into changing the definition of Real Marriage.

It's a sad state of affairs - with Justice Robertson having a gay sister, so he went with deciding with the farce "gay marriage" -

instead of recusing himself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a weird feeling it must be to just exist on the wrong side of history

And not even like 30 years ago... but still now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

What a weird feeling it must be to just exist on the wrong side of history

And not even like 30 years ago... but still now

So you don't think civil unions are a good way to go now? Just because Cal says they're okay?

WSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

So you don't think civil unions are a good way to go now? Just because Cal says they're okay?

WSS

I’ll go a step up and say marriage is a religious function and thus religious institutions should be the only arbiter of marriages. Don’t cheer yet, Cal and OBF haha. The legally binding part should be a civil union even with straight people. If two adults of any kind want to be financially obligated to each other then carry on. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

So you don't think civil unions are a good way to go now? Just because Cal says they're okay?

WSS

Just for one God damn response don't try to put words in my mouth. Just one. Try not to typical Steve just once...

I've said many times the govt should just do the same thing for all couples. Whatever they call it, idc, as long as they're all the same and equal under the law. If a church or mosque or whatever wants to have their own little ceremony then let them. They can do whatever they want but it won't legally mean anything.

I've also never once been against something just because Cal or anyone else is for it. And I never will. I think for myself. Not just follow whatever my party or biased news says to do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Just for one God damn response don't try to put words in my mouth. Just one. Try not to typical Steve just once...

I've said many times the govt should just do the same thing for all couples. Whatever they call it, idc, as long as they're all the same and equal under the law. If a church or mosque or whatever wants to have their own little ceremony then let them. They can do whatever they want but it won't legally mean anything.

I've also never once been against something just because Cal or anyone else is for it. And I never will. I think for myself. Not just follow whatever my party or biased news says to do. 

Image result for bernie sanders winking gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Just for one God damn response don't try to put words in my mouth. Just one. Try not to typical Steve just once...

I've said many times the govt should just do the same thing for all couples. Whatever they call it, idc, as long as they're all the same and equal under the law. If a church or mosque or whatever wants to have their own little ceremony then let them. They can do whatever they want but it won't legally mean anything.

I've also never once been against something just because Cal or anyone else is for it. And I never will. I think for myself. Not just follow whatever my party or biased news says to do. 

I see little evidence that you think for yourself.

Dissing every Cal topic posted here as being illegitimate is not thinking for yourself.  It's burying your head in the sand, a copout.

I've never heard you say that this entire impeachment thing was a sham either.

Either you're going with everything CNN tells you, or don't want to admit to it being a sham because you would find yourself agreeing with Cal and the rest of us right wingers.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Just for one God damn response don't try to put words in my mouth. Just one. Try not to typical Steve just once...

I've said many times the govt should just do the same thing for all couples. Whatever they call it, idc, as long as they're all the same and equal under the law. If a church or mosque or whatever wants to have their own little ceremony then let them. They can do whatever they want but it won't legally mean anything.

I've also never once been against something just because Cal or anyone else is for it. And I never will. I think for myself. Not just follow whatever my party or biased news says to do. 

Can't do it, bud. Pointing out your dearth of ideas and hypocrisy is my job.

WSS

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Just for one God damn response don't try to put words in my mouth. Just one. Try not to typical Steve just once...

I've said many times the govt should just do the same thing for all couples. Whatever they call it, idc, as long as they're all the same and equal under the law. If a church or mosque or whatever wants to have their own little ceremony then let them. They can do whatever they want but it won't legally mean anything.

I've also never once been against something just because Cal or anyone else is for it. And I never will. I think for myself. Not just follow whatever my party or biased news says to do. 

   Somebody has to make sense out of your rambling nonsense emotional knee jerk birdbrain responses all over the board since you hatched.

   The "same thing for all couples". It doesn't have to be the same under the law. Did you just get into high school or something?

The government HAD NO RIGHT TO FORCE REAL AMERICA INTO REDEFINING REAL MARRIAGE. The government would have been right by forcing the legal creation of civil unions - I've always said that.

and yes, you nearly ALWAYS attack me and others personally, when you disagree with points. That's obviously because you emotionally vent, and have nothing else to explain your belligerence about ideas and beliefs on this forum. You FEEL for yourself. Or, FEEL YOURSELF. who knows. and yes, you absolutely are on the "I disagree with every single aspect of every part of our country that isn't left".

************************************************************

    There is hope for you yet. Maybe you will meet a bisexual bird and have a civil union. But it will NOT be a Real Marriage.

latest?cb=20120828034943

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Can't do it, bud. Pointing out your dearth of ideas and hypocrisy is my job.

WSS

Hypocrisy??? Christ what typical Steve fantasy world do you live in? 

It wasn't good enough to make it look like I said said or think something I don't...

But now you need to say that thing I don't think is me being hypocritical

 

... It's like you're trying to be even less worth the time than the other nonsense on here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×