Jump to content
calfoxwc

Tulsi insists that prostitution should be legal.

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Vambo said:

If you are OK with the idea knowing it could be one of your family members doing that God Bless you.

For me this one of the best arguments against it. You will never get rid of the "world's oldest profession" but I think it is better for society to keep it stigmatized.  A profession to be avoided. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stigma and legality are two different things. 

 

Porn is legal and been widely so for however long.  Doesn't mean it is less stigmatized. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Stigma and legality are two different things. 

 

Porn is legal and been widely so for however long.  Doesn't mean it is less stigmatized. 

If you want to discourage a certain type of behavior such as prostitution then making it illegal and having a stigma attached to that behavior are a good combination.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Stigma and legality are two different things. 

 

Porn is legal and been widely so for however long.  Doesn't mean it is less stigmatized. 

child porn is sick and most certainly NOT LEGAL. The arguments about making these things legal are narrow minded in focus.

Legitimizing drinking to excess - I understand prohibition didn't work - but how many children and maybe one parent, have had their lives ruined over alcoholism?

   How many children have been born with learning disabilities/physical deformities by drug abuse? How many husbands will get blackmailed by going once to some hooker? How can a society constructively survive with immorality run amok?

Legalizing this stuff advocates abuse, advocates addiction, addvocates all the crime that comes with it.

   It's a disease. It's like the show on TV, where they have a time of the year when anyone can commit any crime and it's legal.

Society dies. Which, is what some pitiful misguided people think is a good thing, then it can grow back again in utopian form.

Society can't stop...."x"...so it should be legal? Then, what if "x" is rape? murder? Rapes keep happening. Why not....

the point is, I could keep adding instances, all different, of the left wanting chaos in our society.

   Why have speed limits? after all, nobody wants a "nanny state" ? We already have a disease of sex abuse-human sex trafficing happening in this country. Why in the heck would you want to legalize it? Then the result would be a LOT MORE human sex trafficing.

   The left FEELS issues like this, without analyzing the repercussions/liabilities/damage done to our society?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

If you want to discourage a certain type of behavior such as prostitution then making it illegal and having a stigma attached to that behavior are a good combination.

You still haven't refuted my point that porn is already has a stigma and, last I checked, perfectly legal.

 

It's not mine, nor the governments business, to "discourage" behavior being any two consenting adults of social matters.  We aren't the morality police here.      I don't think woman should be pegging dudes in the ass, but some people are into that sort of shit in 2020 I guess.    Know what? Not my MF bidness.    Neither is it yours or the governments.

This is where I talk about separating the real conservatives from the fakies.  I hope and trust you're paying attention.  But something tells me you're too busy wanting to be a moral compass.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

child porn is sick and most certainly NOT LEGAL. The arguments about making these things legal are narrow minded in focus.

Legitimizing drinking to excess - I understand prohibition didn't work - but how many children and maybe one parent, have had their lives ruined over alcoholism?

   How many children have been born with learning disabilities/physical deformities by drug abuse? How many husbands will get blackmailed by going once to some hooker? How can a society constructively survive with immorality run amok?

Legalizing this stuff advocates abuse, advocates addiction, addvocates all the crime that comes with it.

   It's a disease. It's like the show on TV, where they have a time of the year when anyone can commit any crime and it's legal.

Society dies. Which, is what some pitiful misguided people think is a good thing, then it can grow back again in utopian form.

Society can't stop...."x"...so it should be legal? Then, what if "x" is rape? murder? Rapes keep happening. Why not....

the point is, I could keep adding instances, all different, of the left wanting chaos in our society.

   Why have speed limits? after all, nobody wants a "nanny state" ? We already have a disease of sex abuse-human sex trafficing happening in this country. Why in the heck would you want to legalize it? Then the result would be a LOT MORE human sex trafficing.

   The left FEELS issues like this, without analyzing the repercussions/liabilities/damage done to our society?

I stopped reading at "child porn".      Are you THAT fucking out to lunch, clown boy?   Don't EVER put those two words together and attempt to put them in my digital mouth again for any reason.    I was decent enough to uncover your post because I felt that this was at least a decent conversation.   Then you have to interject with that of all things!??!

NOBODY here is making THAT argument.  I even hit the caps lock just so my point gets across to you.      This is further proof you simply don't read the content others post in responses to you.  You skim, keep yelling at the wall, then cut and paste your responses over and over.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

If you want to discourage a certain type of behavior such as prostitution then making it illegal and having a stigma attached to that behavior are a good combination.

Why not other behaviors we disagree with then? Government shouldn’t be the arbiter of morality. Being a liar isn’t illegal unless in business or marketing. We attach a stigma to it because it would be silly to have the cops cuffing you over a fishing story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

child porn is sick and most certainly NOT LEGAL. The arguments about making these things legal are narrow minded in focus.

Legitimizing drinking to excess - I understand prohibition didn't work - but how many children and maybe one parent, have had their lives ruined over alcoholism?

   How many children have been born with learning disabilities/physical deformities by drug abuse? How many husbands will get blackmailed by going once to some hooker? How can a society constructively survive with immorality run amok?

Legalizing this stuff advocates abuse, advocates addiction, addvocates all the crime that comes with it.

   It's a disease. It's like the show on TV, where they have a time of the year when anyone can commit any crime and it's legal.

Society dies. Which, is what some pitiful misguided people think is a good thing, then it can grow back again in utopian form.

Society can't stop...."x"...so it should be legal? Then, what if "x" is rape? murder? Rapes keep happening. Why not....

the point is, I could keep adding instances, all different, of the left wanting chaos in our society.

   Why have speed limits? after all, nobody wants a "nanny state" ? We already have a disease of sex abuse-human sex trafficing happening in this country. Why in the heck would you want to legalize it? Then the result would be a LOT MORE human sex trafficing.

   The left FEELS issues like this, without analyzing the repercussions/liabilities/damage done to our society?

So because people tolerate two consenting adults agreeing to exchange a service (sex) for money then the logical next step is child porn, rape, and murder?

Don’t think that is a tad silly and not the argument anyone is making at all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I stopped reading at "child porn".      Are you THAT fucking out to lunch, clown boy?   Don't EVER put those two words together and attempt to put them in my digital mouth again for any reason.    I was decent enough to uncover your post because I felt that this was at least a decent conversation.   Then you have to interject with that of all things!??!

NOBODY here is making THAT argument.  I even hit the caps lock just so my point gets across to you.      This is further proof you simply don't read the content others post in responses to you.  You skim, keep yelling at the wall, then cut and paste your responses over and over.  

stick a cork in it, whichever end your crap comes from, x and o princess. We just had a sheriff on TV talking about how arrests were made on that subject.

It's in the news:

https://www.theblaze.com/news/actor-corey-feldman-announces-that-he-is-set-to-name-hollywood-pedophiles-during-livestream-documentary

And my point stands. Where is the line ? for people who think all these things should just be legal...

of course there is a line. What determines where you decide the line is? Butticheg whoever sp? wants all illegal drugs legal, then he says "just a misdemeanor" .....

all drugs? meth? amphetimines? lsd? the damage to society would be horrendous. and sex trafficing - young ladies being kidnapped and sold to sex trafficers (sorry to make anybody puke) right here in Ohio. you think legalizing drugs makes that worse or no effect? you are wrong.

Some draw the line higher than others. I'm simply saying that there is serious sick evil out there, and legalizing lighter? evil doesn't look at the long term destructive consequences to society. or any city or any small town.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

So because people tolerate two consenting adults agreeing to exchange a service (sex) for money then the logical next step is child porn, rape, and murder?

Don’t think that is a tad silly and not the argument anyone is making at all?

and what happens when a husband/father/uncle/judge/dentist gets found out to be wealthy? no blackmail going on? Being found out, getting divorced, ...you know the damage that often does to childrens' lives? Did THEY "consent" ???

Getting addicted to drugs - that doesn't cost society hugely in terms of prisoners in jails and prisons? and violent crime?

and prostitution still being "under the table"?

https://www.bjs.gov/content/dcf/duc.cfm

My point stands. it just isn't "two consenting adults" where society is involved. where family is involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Why not other behaviors we disagree with then? Government shouldn’t be the arbiter of morality. Being a liar isn’t illegal unless in business or marketing. We attach a stigma to it because it would be silly to have the cops cuffing you over a fishing story.

And you could apply this logic to about anything. Why shouldn't a man be able to have 5 wives if he wants. Why can't a man marry his cat?  Why can't everyone just do what is right in their own eyes. Why should we have any moral standards at all? It comes down to societal norms and standards and what a society wants to tolerate or not. We have had periods of time of lawlessness where everyone did do what is right in their own sight and it did not turn out well. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How is society involved if some guy wants to get laid and a prostitute satisifies his needs?  He is willing to pay for pussy, she is willing to give it up for money.  No one is hurt.  Been going on for thousands of years.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

How is society involved if some guy wants to get laid and a prostitute satisifies his needs?  He is willing to pay for pussy, she is willing to give it up for money.  No one is hurt.  Been going on for thousands of years.

guy gets laid. gets blackmailed for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ or they will let his Wife find out.

either way, guy ends up divorced. Kids lose a parent, have troubles most of their young lives because of the divorce.

guy loses everything, including job. guy gets on drugs/booze, guy drives while intoxicated, kills entire family going down expressway...the wrong way.

or guys gets addicted, starts breaking into homes/mugging/killing for wallets etc to pay for addiction.

think thousands around the country.

Like I said - it sounds simple on the surface. But it's a big, very deep ocean to society.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Oh geez, stretch the story line a little more, lol.  

overall, you are proving my point.

Take Las Vegas. Remember the story of us nearly being mugged there at night?

Yep. Nevada - licensed brothels. money floating around. and people living under bridges and in culverts.

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Las-Vegas-Nevada.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

You still haven't refuted my point that porn is already has a stigma and, last I checked, perfectly legal.

 

It's not mine, nor the governments business, to "discourage" behavior being any two consenting adults of social matters.  We aren't the morality police here.      I don't think woman should be pegging dudes in the ass, but some people are into that sort of shit in 2020 I guess.    Know what? Not my MF bidness.    Neither is it yours or the governments.

This is where I talk about separating the real conservatives from the fakies.  I hope and trust you're paying attention.  But something tells me you're too busy wanting to be a moral compass.

I never refuted your point because I was never making the point that because something had a stigma attached to it it necessarily made it illegal.

The laws we have today are the laws society wants to have. There was a reason for all these years prostitution was illegal in every state but Nevada. It causes a host of societal problems. It wasn't me being a moral compass but all these years our society made the decision that it was not in the best interest of society to make prostitution legal. The bottom line is if the majority of the people want prostitution to be legal than it will likely happen. I would vote no and that is not forcing my moral compass on anyone just using my right to vote on what I believe. 

I do claim to be conservative but I like Trump's populist conservative version so if I don't meet your high standards of what a true blue blood conservative is I won't lose any sleep over it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely, what OBF eloquently said !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

OBF?

WSS

lol. typo. went too fast again.

dammit;

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, calfoxwc said:

lol. typo. went too fast again.

dammit;

I knew that I just wanted to use the OBJ crack.

WSS

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Osama Bin Johnson?

WSS

LOL I thought it might be me and I  was going to thank Cal for the compliment but then I thought what if he meant Osama Bin Johnson? 🙂

Just kidding Cal and thanks for the compliment  but it actually was you making the point about the harm to society that prostitution causes that made me think in that direction as I was more focused on the harm done to the women involved in prostitution.

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OBF, Vambo, and Cal... you don't get to make something illegal just because YOU personally don't like it. You don't get to make laws regulating morality like that. A guy hiring a prostitute isn't hurting anyone. It doesn't sound very conservative of you to WANT more government regulation. 

Talks of STDs, rape, etc are exactly why this should be legalized and taken from out of the shadows. It isn't a consequence of prostitution it is a symptom of it being illegal.

 

Just like the yelling about gay marriage you're just trying to legislate your own feelings on everyone else. How very liberal of you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

child porn is sick and most certainly NOT LEGAL. The arguments about making these things legal are narrow minded in focus.

Legitimizing drinking to excess - I understand prohibition didn't work - but how many children and maybe one parent, have had their lives ruined over alcoholism?

   How many children have been born with learning disabilities/physical deformities by drug abuse? How many husbands will get blackmailed by going once to some hooker? How can a society constructively survive with immorality run amok?

Legalizing this stuff advocates abuse, advocates addiction, addvocates all the crime that comes with it.

   It's a disease. It's like the show on TV, where they have a time of the year when anyone can commit any crime and it's legal.

Society dies. Which, is what some pitiful misguided people think is a good thing, then it can grow back again in utopian form.

Society can't stop...."x"...so it should be legal? Then, what if "x" is rape? murder? Rapes keep happening. Why not....

the point is, I could keep adding instances, all different, of the left wanting chaos in our society.

   Why have speed limits? after all, nobody wants a "nanny state" ? We already have a disease of sex abuse-human sex trafficing happening in this country. Why in the heck would you want to legalize it? Then the result would be a LOT MORE human sex trafficing.

   The left FEELS issues like this, without analyzing the repercussions/liabilities/damage done to our society?

 

 

this entire post is insane

You post about child porn as if someone else mentioned it first

You act like this somehow "advocates" for abuse

You equate this to rape, murder, etc

You somehow think that legal prostitution would result in more sex trafficking 

the fact that OBF read your post and thought "Yeah, I agree with what he said! I'm going to like this post!"

 

but my favorite part is in bold

do you honestly fucking believe that alcoholism hasn't ruined lives and families? Are you that fucking dumb or is your head just so far up your party's ass you refuse to have coherent thoughts?

 

My god Cal you're a fucking moron. The absolute emotional nonsense that spewed onto the screen as you typed this could only come from someone with legitimate mental issues. I know I haven't laid into you in a while as I hadn't been posting here as much but ... fuck... your post is batshit insane. That's the post that people read and go "well, I'm just putting him on ignore." It is the type of post that makes me concerned your vote counts as much as everyone else. It is the type of post that makes me wonder if you have any actual grasp on reality. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I never refuted your point because I was never making the point that because something had a stigma attached to it it necessarily made it illegal.

The laws we have today are the laws society wants to have. There was a reason for all these years prostitution was illegal in every state but Nevada. It causes a host of societal problems. It wasn't me being a moral compass but all these years our society made the decision that it was not in the best interest of society to make prostitution legal. The bottom line is if the majority of the people want prostitution to be legal than it will likely happen. I would vote no and that is not forcing my moral compass on anyone just using my right to vote on what I believe. 

I do claim to be conservative but I like Trump's populist conservative version so if I don't meet your high standards of what a true blue blood conservative is I won't lose any sleep over it.

 

 

Prostitution is a byproduct, not the cause.  It's a cycle just like everything else.      

 

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-america-should-legalize-prostitution-2013-11

 

I personally feel it should be legalized.  And if I'm in control of my body per the 14th amendment, this should be almost a non-conversation. 

Developed countries have not experienced some grand societal fracture upon legalizing sex work.  So your fears are rather unfounded.   I'm not saying it will fix all the problems behind such a line of work, but it will certainly help to curb some of the more seedy "shadow" type activities that accompany it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

OBF, Vambo, and Cal... you don't get to make something illegal just because YOU personally don't like it. You don't get to make laws regulating morality like that. A guy hiring a prostitute isn't hurting anyone. It doesn't sound very conservative of you to WANT more government regulation. 

Talks of STDs, rape, etc are exactly why this should be legalized and taken from out of the shadows. It isn't a consequence of prostitution it is a symptom of it being illegal.

 

Just like the yelling about gay marriage you're just trying to legislate your own feelings on everyone else. How very liberal of you 

At the same time you don't get to make something legal just because YOU personally like it. You don't get to make laws regulating morality like that.

I'll tell you what ask Tulsi  if she think it's OK for her husband to use prostitutes if she's OK with that then maybe I'll change my mind.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×