THE BROWNS BOARD

Calfox's annual first pre-combine stupid mock draft

calfoxwc

13 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

How does Chase Young compare to Myles Garrett when he was entering the draft? 

IMHO - physical dimensions won't be far off.  Though I think that Chase's first step might be just a hair faster.  Which should show up on the 10 & 20 yard split.  And I think he has a stronger inside rip.    But Myles seems to dip and bend around the edge just a notch better.  He's a large guy that is naturally great at minimizing the contact area for tackles to land a punch like few human beings on Earth.      Chase isn't quite to that level but that isn't to say he's poor at turning the corner either.  We're talking about subtle differences at very high levels.

Both can get upfield too fast and take themselves out of a play.  Myles did a better job the 1st half of this season playing with more discipline.  I trust Chase will have it coached into him as well.

I mean, if it wasn't for Burrow - Chase would be going #1 overall.  So there's that to consider as well.

11 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

IMHO - physical dimensions won't be far off.  Though I think that Chase's first step might be just a hair faster.  Which should show up on the 10 & 20 yard split.  And I think he has a stronger inside rip.    But Myles seems to dip and bend around the edge just a notch better.  He's a large guy that is naturally great at minimizing the contact area for tackles to land a punch like few human beings on Earth.      Chase isn't quite to that level but that isn't to say he's poor at turning the corner either.  We're talking about subtle differences at very high levels.

Both can get upfield too fast and take themselves out of a play.  Myles did a better job the 1st half of this season playing with more discipline.  I trust Chase will have it coached into him as well.

Pretty much the same take here...

I think the biggest difference is Chase coverts speed to power better. Plus he has more "hand skills"... is a better technician than Myles was going into the draft.

Myles' bend was and is superior. Coming out of TAMU he was essentially a one-trick pony... but what a trick...

Burst? Very hard call to make... I'll wait for the Combine.

22 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Pretty much the same take here...

I think the biggest difference is Chase coverts speed to power better. Plus he has more "hand skills"... is a better technician than Myles was going into the draft.

Myles' bend was and is superior. Coming out of TAMU he was essentially a one-trick pony... but what a trick...

Burst? Very hard call to make... I'll wait for the Combine.

Huge credit to Larry Johnson.  That man is a legend of a D-line coach.    The amount of names he has put into the league.....  lordy.

• Upvote 1

On 2/24/2020 at 9:15 AM, tiamat63 said:

I mean, if it wasn't for Burrow - Chase would be going #1 overall.  So there's that to consider as well.

In other words, your buddy Flugel put his foot in his mouth again - which would have been fine if it didn't have a brand new Nike sneaker on it.

Having said that, I'd like to thank Tony Grossi for reminding me there's always someone ready and willing to be dumber.

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Flugel said:

In other words, your buddy Flugel put his foot in his mouth again - which would have been fine if it didn't have a brand new Nike sneaker on it.

Having said that, I'd like to thank Tony Grossi for reminding me there's always someone ready and willing to be dumber.

Given the bulk of where Nike is manufactured, might be best to go get tested homie.

• Haha 3

about Marcus Norman - he is a sleeper, for sure. S. Florida - overlooked.

https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/09/marcus-norman/

https://gousfbulls.com/sports/football/roster/marcus-norman/11762

but I would love to see him succeed in the NFL - just an instinct on my part.

I listen to Joe Thomas talking about being an offensive lineman... and  I think I'd look for an OT with

the heart, character, smarts, and intensity that Joe Thomas has. In my mock, I drafted Marcus real high - 3rd round....but it is more for the intangibles that I did. Without the intangibles, he's more of a 6th/7th rounder...even UDFA. 

https://www.thedailystampede.com/2019/7/23/20707974/usf-football-ot-marcus-norman-named-to-outland-trophy-watch-list-for-second-straight-year-aac-award