Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
gumby73

NFL Combine Invites

Recommended Posts

The 337 player invites are in. https://nfl.com/combine/participants  These are NFL.com's Overall Prospect position Scores. And they also come with far to early other NFL Player Comparisons..

But, Let's not¬†poke anyone's¬†eyes out believing that¬†hype¬†ūüĎÄ...

1) Surprise imo is Tua is taking a spot? maybe just getting the medicals?

2) Would not surprise me at all if Claypool also works-out with TE's increasing his draft stock value. aka, "betting on yourself"

3) Is Isaiah Simmons just working out with the LB's?.. or does he see DB Monday also?

I've already had some fun poking around all afternoon with it...Take the wheel & Enjoy ! (or find some real head scratching annalist)    

  

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, gumby73 said:

The 337 player invites are in. https://nfl.com/combine/participants  These are NFL.com's Overall Prospect position Scores. And they also come with far to early other NFL Player Comparisons..

But, Let's not¬†poke anyone's¬†eyes out believing that¬†hype¬†ūüĎÄ...

1) Surprise imo is Tua is taking a spot? maybe just getting the medicals?

2) Would not surprise me at all if Claypool also works-out with TE's increasing his draft stock value. aka, "betting on yourself"

3) Is Isaiah Simmons just working out with the LB's?.. or does he see DB Monday also?

I've already had some fun poking around all afternoon with it...Take the wheel & Enjoy ! (or find some real head scratching annalist)    

  

I'll  keep an eye on Adam Trautman TE, who  got an invite  from our D III Dayton. Supposedly  did well  enough at the Senior Bowl to merit  an invite. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hoorta said:

I'll  keep an eye on Adam Trautman TE, who  got an invite  from our D III Dayton. Supposedly  did well  enough at the Senior Bowl to merit  an invite. 

Trautman did do well at the SB..He certainly caught my eyes as a former TE. I really¬†like a lot of his game tape, mainly cause the kid ain't afraid to catch the ball in traffic & tucks it away well.. he's a 'want to' blocker but needs some frame & tech work..Adam's¬†gauntlet run should be good showing off some good hands¬†ūüĎÄ

For several years, I have followed a Charlotte,NC kid that got away from NC State & headed to LSU.. Thaddeus Moss, Randy's son.. If were looking a H-back and a TE that has blocking skills? Thad's a guy that can make some folks here forget the name Darren Fells..Thad did miss some time with a bad foot, so he might slide pending medical?

Would also like to see these 2 names maybe fall to¬†rounds 5 or 6¬†ūü§ě

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Trautman did do well at the SB..He certainly caught my eyes as a former TE. I really¬†like a lot of his game tape, mainly cause the kid ain't afraid to catch the ball in traffic & tucks it away well.. he's a 'want to' blocker but needs some frame & tech work..Adam's¬†gauntlet run should be good showing off some good hands¬†ūüĎÄ

For several years, I have followed a Charlotte,NC kid that got away from NC State & headed to LSU.. Thaddeus Moss, Randy's son.. If were looking a H-back and a TE that has blocking skills? Thad's a guy that can make some folks here forget the name Darren Fells..Thad did miss some time with a bad foot, so he might slide pending medical?

Would also like to see these 2 names maybe fall to¬†rounds 5 or 6¬†ūü§ě

I like Moss a lot. Good bloodlines/training there.

EDIT: Most Mocks have him going 2nd or 3rd Rd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, hoorta said:

I'll  keep an eye on Adam Trautman TE, who  got an invite  from our D III Dayton. Supposedly  did well  enough at the Senior Bowl to merit  an invite. 

 

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

Trautman did do well at the SB..He certainly caught my eyes as a former TE. I really¬†like a lot of his game tape, mainly cause the kid ain't afraid to catch the ball in traffic & tucks it away well.. he's a 'want to' blocker but needs some frame & tech work..Adam's¬†gauntlet run should be good showing off some good hands¬†ūüĎÄ

AH HA ! I have Trautman taken by our Browns in the 4th round. That is higher than most, but the steelers are said to be very keen on him, some mocks have the steeles taking him in the sixth round. NOTE: the steelers do NOT have a pick in the first or third rounds. and TE isn't that high on their needs... unless they go for Trautman instead of a tall WR. Trautman is very athletic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2020 at 6:22 PM, gumby73 said:

1) Surprise imo is Tua is taking a spot? maybe just getting the medicals?

2) Would not surprise me at all if Claypool also works-out with TE's increasing his draft stock value. aka, "betting on yourself"

3) Is Isaiah Simmons just working out with the LB's?.. or does he see DB Monday also?

  1. Tua will be interviewing as well.
  2.  
  3. Would you rather shine in the LB group or be so-so in the DB group?

Guys I want to see include:

  • LBs - Troy Dye (Oregon); Willie Gay, Jr. (Miss St.)
  • Edge - Epenesa (Iowa)
  • DL - Blacklock (TCU), Benito Jones (Ole Miss), Lawrence (LSU), Murchison (NC St.), Strowbridge (UNC)
  • OT - Bartch (St. Johns MN), Becton (UL), Peart (UConn)
  • OG - Jonah Jackson (tOSU), Lemieux (Oregon), Muti (Fresno St.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And the NFL winter calendar.....

FebÔĽŅ.¬†ÔĽŅ24-March 2

NFL Scouting¬†Combine, Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, Indiana.ÔĽŅ

Feb. 25

First day for clubs to designate Franchise or Transition Players.

ÔĽŅ¬†MARCH

March 10

Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time,¬†deadline¬†for clubs to designate Franchise or Transition Players.ÔĽŅÔĽŅ

March 16-18

Clubs are permitted to contact, and enter into contract negotiations with, the certified agents of players whoÔĽŅ¬†will become¬†UnrestrictedÔĽŅ¬†Free¬†ÔĽŅÔĽŅAgents¬†upon the expiration of their 2019 player contracts at 4:00 p.m., New York time, on March 18.¬†(a/k/a Legal Tamper Period)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2020 at 2:37 AM, hoorta said:

I'll  keep an eye on Adam Trautman TE, who  got an invite  from our D III Dayton. Supposedly  did well  enough at the Senior Bowl to merit  an invite. 

Who was that TE from Ashland that got drafted high by Chicago recently? 

He's been pretty quiet so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MarchÔĽŅ¬†10

¬† Prior to 4:ÔĽŅ00 p.m., New York time,¬†deadline¬†for clubs to designate Franchise or¬†ÔĽŅTransition Players.

This is always an interesting topic in the NFL, who gets tagged?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2020 at 11:40 AM, Tour2ma said:
  1.  

Guys I want to see include:l

  • OG - Jonah Jackson (tOSU), Lemieux (Oregon), Muti (Fresno St.)

Am thinking the best RG candidate might be a guy playing Center at LSU. Cruisenberry? Watch his senior bowl tape against Kinlaw and get back with us. He took off up to 2nd Rd. Grade but could fall to 3rd after combine?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Am thinking the best RG candidate might be a guy playing Center at LSU. Cruisenberry?

I've been tabbing him in the 2nd in draft sims lately. RG for a couple seasons then can move to Center.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×