Sign in to follow this  
gumby73

NFL Combine Invites

The 337 player invites are in. https://nfl.com/combine/participants  These are NFL.com's Overall Prospect position Scores. And they also come with far to early other NFL Player Comparisons..

But, Let's not¬†poke anyone's¬†eyes out believing that¬†hype¬†ūüĎÄ...

1) Surprise imo is Tua is taking a spot? maybe just getting the medicals?

2) Would not surprise me at all if Claypool also works-out with TE's increasing his draft stock value. aka, "betting on yourself"

3) Is Isaiah Simmons just working out with the LB's?.. or does he see DB Monday also?

I've already had some fun poking around all afternoon with it...Take the wheel & Enjoy ! (or find some real head scratching annalist)    

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, gumby73 said:

The 337 player invites are in. https://nfl.com/combine/participants  These are NFL.com's Overall Prospect position Scores. And they also come with far to early other NFL Player Comparisons..

But, Let's not¬†poke anyone's¬†eyes out believing that¬†hype¬†ūüĎÄ...

2) Would not surprise me at all if Claypool also works-out with TE's increasing his draft stock value. aka, "betting on yourself"

3) Is Isaiah Simmons just working out with the LB's?.. or does he see DB Monday also?

I've already had some fun poking around all afternoon with it...Take the wheel & Enjoy ! (or find some real head scratching annalist)    

I'll  keep an eye on Adam Trautman TE, who  got an invite  from our D III Dayton. Supposedly  did well  enough at the Senior Bowl to merit  an invite. 

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

I'll  keep an eye on Adam Trautman TE, who  got an invite  from our D III Dayton. Supposedly  did well  enough at the Senior Bowl to merit  an invite. 

Trautman did do well at the SB..He certainly caught my eyes as a former TE. I really¬†like a lot of his game tape, mainly cause the kid ain't afraid to catch the ball in traffic & tucks it away well.. he's a 'want to' blocker but needs some frame & tech work..Adam's¬†gauntlet run should be good showing off some good hands¬†ūüĎÄ

For several years, I have followed a Charlotte,NC kid that got away from NC State & headed to LSU.. Thaddeus Moss, Randy's son.. If were looking a H-back and a TE that has blocking skills? Thad's a guy that can make some folks here forget the name Darren Fells..Thad did miss some time with a bad foot, so he might slide pending medical?

Would also like to see these 2 names maybe fall to¬†rounds 5 or 6¬†ūü§ě

11 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Trautman did do well at the SB..He certainly caught my eyes as a former TE. I really¬†like a lot of his game tape, mainly cause the kid ain't afraid to catch the ball in traffic & tucks it away well.. he's a 'want to' blocker but needs some frame & tech work..Adam's¬†gauntlet run should be good showing off some good hands¬†ūüĎÄ

For several years, I have followed a Charlotte,NC kid that got away from NC State & headed to LSU.. Thaddeus Moss, Randy's son.. If were looking a H-back and a TE that has blocking skills? Thad's a guy that can make some folks here forget the name Darren Fells..Thad did miss some time with a bad foot, so he might slide pending medical?

Would also like to see these 2 names maybe fall to¬†rounds 5 or 6¬†ūü§ě

I like Moss a lot. Good bloodlines/training there.

EDIT: Most Mocks have him going 2nd or 3rd Rd.

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

AH HA ! I have Trautman taken by our Browns in the 4th round. That is higher than most, but the steelers are said to be very keen on him, some mocks have the steeles taking him in the sixth round. NOTE: the steelers do NOT have a pick in the first or third rounds. and TE isn't that high on their needs... unless they go for Trautman instead of a tall WR. Trautman is very athletic.

On 2/8/2020 at 6:22 PM, gumby73 said:

1. Tua will be interviewing as well.
  3. Would you rather shine in the LB group or be so-so in the DB group?

Guys I want to see include:

• LBs - Troy Dye (Oregon); Willie Gay, Jr. (Miss St.)
  • Edge - Epenesa (Iowa)
  • DL - Blacklock (TCU), Benito Jones (Ole Miss), Lawrence (LSU), Murchison (NC St.), Strowbridge (UNC)
  • OT - Bartch (St. Johns MN), Becton (UL), Peart (UConn)
  • OG - Jonah Jackson (tOSU), Lemieux (Oregon), Muti (Fresno St.)

And the NFL winter calendar.....

FebÔĽŅ.¬†ÔĽŅ24-March 2

NFL Scouting¬†Combine, Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, Indiana.ÔĽŅ

Feb. 25

First day for clubs to designate Franchise or Transition Players.

ÔĽŅ¬†MARCH

March 10

Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time,¬†deadline¬†for clubs to designate Franchise or Transition Players.ÔĽŅÔĽŅ

March 16-18

Clubs are permitted to contact, and enter into contract negotiations with, the certified agents of players whoÔĽŅ¬†will become¬†UnrestrictedÔĽŅ¬†Free¬†ÔĽŅÔĽŅAgents¬†upon the expiration of their 2019 player contracts at 4:00 p.m., New York time, on March 18.¬†(a/k/a Legal Tamper Period)

On 2/9/2020 at 2:37 AM, hoorta said:

Who was that TE from Ashland that got drafted high by Chicago recently? 

He's been pretty quiet so far. 

MarchÔĽŅ¬†10

¬† Prior to 4:ÔĽŅ00 p.m., New York time,¬†deadline¬†for clubs to designate Franchise or¬†ÔĽŅTransition Players.

This is always an interesting topic in the NFL, who gets tagged?

On 2/14/2020 at 11:40 AM, Tour2ma said:

Guys I want to see include:l

• OG - Jonah Jackson (tOSU), Lemieux (Oregon), Muti (Fresno St.)

Am thinking the best RG candidate might be a guy playing Center at LSU. Cruisenberry? Watch his senior bowl tape against Kinlaw and get back with us. He took off up to 2nd Rd. Grade but could fall to 3rd after combine?

12 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Am thinking the best RG candidate might be a guy playing Center at LSU. Cruisenberry?

I've been tabbing him in the 2nd in draft sims lately. RG for a couple seasons then can move to Center.